Serious Bug: Died/Drown! while in mine, server restart

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

EricCross

Serious Bug: Died/Drown! while in mine, server restart

Post by EricCross » 16 Oct 2015, 18:56

I was deep in a (horizontal) mine in a mountain, server owner said she needed to restart the server.

I did ESC then Disconnect, perhaps not in time.

When server restarted, the image was very incomplete; some mountain contours, some tree parts, and only the floor of the mine.

I backed out hoping the view would clear up, instead I went into a continuous drop down mode, which showed the bottoms of trees going up over my head, then into water (which I was no where near), then died, of course losing advanced tools, food, and even clothing.

MarcCeras

Re: Serious Bug: Died/Drown! while in mine, server restart

Post by MarcCeras » 17 Oct 2015, 08:20

Have you read:

how-to-properly-report-bugs-t2222/

It is better to Post such things in Mantis

Airco

Post by Airco » 18 Oct 2015, 15:38

yup mantis post this one,
as i read it correctly your char was in the mine and the mine dident load in time so u fell tro the floor , posable we can experience such "jokes" aswel and its not a common thing to happen considering most of us log out while we are in ower towns and not in the mine
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

EricCross

Post by EricCross » 26 Oct 2015, 23:47

I understand not being in a mine when server restarts, but that's not always something you have control over.

P.S. I read "how to post a bug", but it came to a new site requiring an ID and password, yet said (some specific name) was logged on. ???

Perhaps the article "how to report bugs" had a URL that was captured with someone logged on to the bug tracking site, so when people follow the link it looks like (some specific name) is logged on, but requires a new logon when you try to open a bug, asking for an (obviously unknown) password or userID/password?

Thanks for the reply! If you're saying it won't happen very often, perhaps instead the code should be changed to spawn the player only after everything else has been created.

Also can the "z" axis of the player be remembered? I've landed in a tree and fallen, I've come back on my house / hut roof, etc. So far, the mine (perhaps being spawned IN the mountain ABOVE the mine?) is the only time I died.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 27 Oct 2015, 09:50

it brings you to mantis, that is linked with the forum and then you have to log with your forum ID, it seems it's already done, just "report" ;)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Return to Feedback Section