Serious Concern: Can a Realm "steal" a personal claim?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Re: Serious Concern: Can a Realm "steal" a personal claim?

Post by Seppuku » 14 Mar 2014, 22:52

Protunia wrote:What the heck lets get this one back into the fray as well!!

:Yahoo!:

It's all about the Solo player these days anyhow...

All two of them.. ;)

Seriously though whats the deal with all the negative posts about Guilds and Realms being a major part of the game and personal claims which are 100% protected from attack mind you being some kind of victim?

The game is about Feudalism....and back in those days if you werent part of a KIngdom and just a peasant on some land a Kingdom wanted they took it from you regardless of what you said or did.

Once a Kingdom laid claim to open land it was theirs and those peasants on the land had options...

Like Forming their own Kingdom and Fighting back to take control of it.

I do not think the game needs to be reduced to players plopping down one man personal claims all over the place and declaring war on Kingdoms with them.

It will be abused until the cows come home to disrupt the games core features of Kingdoms, Realms, and Guilds.

I'm done responding to you. You just keep putting words in everyone's mouths to try to strengthen your already weak argument. Anyone with half a brain knows that there will be solo players in this game, and if you don't want them here just say so. NO ONE but you has suggested that a Peasant should be able to sack a kingdom, but instead of addressing the real questions you just try to twist it around like were all asking for safezones. You're clearly working off of a griefer mentality and you're looking forward to driving your victims out of the game first chance you get. Well guess what buddy. When you drive away all of the sheep you're left only with the wolves.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 14 Mar 2014, 23:03

4. Individuals may form a Band for the purpose of defending against an encroaching Realm.

This lets them declare war and siege on one Realm, but does not make them a guild.

Basically this doesn't even specify whether a realm is just starting or has been been built and asks for solo players to make a group of some players and attack Realms.

2. Realm monuments become subject to attack when under construction or upgrade, and can be destroyed to prevent realm formation or expansion.

This one outright declares anyone can just attack realms when ever.

So do not sit there and act like some one is not asking to be able to destroy a Realm as a solo player or a very small group of players.

Basically...

You guys want to be involved in World Politics without sticking your neck out at all while you sit behind 100% protected lands.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 14 Mar 2014, 23:10

Protunia wrote:
4. Individuals may form a Band for the purpose of defending against an encroaching Realm.

This lets them declare war and siege on one Realm, but does not make them a guild.

Basically this doesn't even specify whether a realm is just starting or has been been built and asks for solo players to make a group of some players and attack Realms.

2. Realm monuments become subject to attack when under construction or upgrade, and can be destroyed to prevent realm formation or expansion.

This one outright declares anyone can just attack realms when ever.

So do not sit there and act like some one is not asking to be able to destroy a Realm as a solo player or a very small group of players.

Basically...

You guys want to be involved in World Politics without sticking your neck out at all while you sit behind 100% protected lands.

I'm seriously not trying to flame you , but is English your second language?

You don't seem to get the meaning of words. For the sake of moving this argument forward....An "Encroaching" Guild would be one that is trying to build a monument on previously settled land.

Then also you insist we are saying that a peasant should be able to sack a kingdom when all that was suggested is that a unguilded player could destroy a Monument that is under construction. This would be a purely defensive ability, but I think you already know all that and are just trying to deflect the conversation and add words to the discussion that aren't really being said.

I'm in one of the largest guilds in the game so far so I could really care less personally about solo play, but I do understand the importance of solo players for the community, economy, and the livelihood of the game itself.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 14 Mar 2014, 23:55

Noone is saying or has said solo should be able to attack a completed monument, none of the options say that.

But you keep on with your Fox News spin on the facts, say it enough times and people will believe it.

The fact remains that right now the Monument takeover of personal claims is a magic rock.

You keep spouting about Feudalism. Well, they didn't just magically take over some small homestead, they had to go in and force fealty, or fight off the original owners. Not just build a statue and say you have to leave.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 01:37

He's spouting Feudalism because Feudalism was governed by law. Land ownership being very prominent and if you broke the law you would end up in prison or hanged. Since this is a video game and not real life people can not be forced into prison or killed without enabling grief.

If you don't like the magic rock enforcing law then they should need to make it so at anytime people could break into your house and kill you. This would also mean when you died you lost your claim and your character.

This game may be hardcore and pvp oriented but the features are not made to absolutely annihilate what a player has done.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 02:22

Proximo,

You say it law. However I do not recognize their right of law overme just because they build a rock.

I am PERFECTLY ok if they can build their rock and then tell me:

"We claim this land as ours."

And then tell me one of the following:
"You will join us"
"you will pay us taxes"
"you will leave your land"

Or we will destroy your holding.

That's all fine, that's feudalism. Pressing a button and 24 hrs later my claim is magically disbanded, that is not.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 03:05

Archaegeo wrote:Proximo,

You say it law. However I do not recognize their right of law overme just because they build a rock.

I am PERFECTLY ok if they can build their rock and then tell me:

"We claim this land as ours."

And then tell me one of the following:
"You will join us"
"you will pay us taxes"
"you will leave your land"

Or we will destroy your holding.

That's all fine, that's feudalism. Pressing a button and 24 hrs later my claim is magically disbanded, that is not.

You just described the current system.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 03:53

It is not the current system

They do NOT have to destroy my land to evict the soloer, they just press a button and 24hrs later all his work is gone.

Engellus
Alpha Tester

Post by Engellus » 15 Mar 2014, 04:05

Archaegeo wrote:It is not the current system

They do NOT have to destroy my land to evict the soloer, they just press a button and 24hrs later all his work is gone.

Basically you just want a fight? Don't you?
ᚤᚦᚨᚱᚨᛒᚨ:ᛊᛒᚨ:ᚷᚩᚷᚩᚷᚩ

If all you want is to come to fight, we have the graves of our fathers. Come on, find these and try to destroy them: you shall know then whether we will fight you. -Idanthyrsus

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 05:20

Archaegeo wrote:It is not the current system

They evict the person then leave the house to degrade or theirs probably a way to de-contsruct it so yes they can destroy it.

Claiming the land, making you join them, paying them rent or or kicking you off is the system.

Fawkes
Alpha Tester

Post by Fawkes » 15 Mar 2014, 10:25

Can a guild have more than one "magic stone"?
Can a guild fully build a "magic stone" within a few seconds/minutes/hours?
Can a guild that is completely new to the area come up with the needed amount of materials?

I couldn't find information on that, but I assume the answer to each of the questions should be "no". Building a monument should be a major task for a group of people, requiring a lot of ressources. If it takes a week to complete your monument, even if you have 10 players powergaming to get the ressources you need, this has two benefits: a) Griefing with it is impossible due to this processes slowness and b) completing the monument feels like a real accomplishment to the players.

And now a word to the QQ-ers here: You annoy me. Life is Feudal. If there are 10 people who want you gone you leave.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 12:28

Fawkes wrote:And now a word to the QQ-ers here: You annoy me. Life is Feudal. If there are 10 people who want you gone you leave.

Come show up to my house in real life with ten friends and tell me to leave. See how many of you I take down before you get me.

My main concern is that not that they will throw me of fthe land. It's that they don't have to earn it.I am assuming that once my claim is void they can just terraform or build a ramp to go over my walls, or some other mechanic to cheat their way into my holdings.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 12:36

Think I am done with this thread at least. The topic: Can a Realm "steal" a personal claim? has been answered with yes.

It has also shown me that the respondents here for the most part are carebear's who do not want to actually have to fight for the land they take, they just want to build pretty rocks and then press a button.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 15 Mar 2014, 12:58

They earn land by uniting in to a guild and spending time and resources to construct the monument.
They want to fight guilds instead of hermit minecrafters.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Fawkes
Alpha Tester

Post by Fawkes » 15 Mar 2014, 15:16

Seppuku wrote:
Fawkes wrote:And now a word to the QQ-ers here: You annoy me. Life is Feudal. If there are 10 people who want you gone you leave.

Come show up to my house in real life with ten friends and tell me to leave. See how many of you I take down before you get me.

My main concern is that not that they will throw me of fthe land. It's that they don't have to earn it.I am assuming that once my claim is void they can just terraform or build a ramp to go over my walls, or some other mechanic to cheat their way into my holdings.

If I came with ten armed men to your house and offered you to pavk your stuff and run or to die, which option would you take?

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 15:44

His point is that if you did that, he could CHOOSE to fight and die.

The current realm system doesn't give him that option.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 15:53

Fawkes wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

If I came with ten armed men to your house and offered you to pavk your stuff and run or to die, which option would you take?

You've obviously never seen my armory. I would choose death, and I would not let you finish getting that sentence out of your mouth before i pulled the trigger.

I can't wait to think of fun ways to abuse this system. I mean besides keeping people as walled in pets...
Cimmerian Mercenary

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 15 Mar 2014, 16:03

How about just testing this and the mechanics around it in alpha as opposed to endless speculation.

I think many opinions have been heard here so instead of spinning in circles let's just test things and see what happens and get real feedback as opposed to hypothetical senarios.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 16:06

Saxxon wrote:How about just testing this and the mechanics around it in alpha as opposed to endless speculation.

I think many opinions have been heard here so instead of spinning in circles let's just test things and see what happens and get real feedback as opposed to hypothetical senarios.

Ya I think we have all made our points. I will do my best during alpha to show how exploitable this is or is not.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 16:33

Saxxon wrote:How about just testing this and the mechanics around it in alpha as opposed to endless speculation.

I think many opinions have been heard here so instead of spinning in circles let's just test things and see what happens and get real feedback as opposed to hypothetical scenarios.

That's all we can do, still having a few soloers get evicted is better then open season on all holdings. It's hard to enforce laws in video games as is, having the power to evict someone from your established city could count towards anti griefing.

I personally enjoy total freedom compared to half freedom so you actually have to deal with people in how they act and if they follow certain principles or if they are bandits and griefers.

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 16 Mar 2014, 15:08

Seppuku wrote:I can't wait to think of fun ways to abuse this system. I mean besides keeping people as walled in pets...

you can teleport back to your binding point at any time, therefore you cant be trapped per say.

Return to General Discussion