Server Hardware Requirements (Root Server)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

ThorvalBrandsvin

Server Hardware Requirements (Root Server)

Post by ThorvalBrandsvin » 28 Nov 2015, 00:27

Hello,

I´m really pissed off about lagging servers, incompetent admins and monthly wipes.

So I haunted the web for a detailed statement about the hardware requirements for the dedicated software of LIF and found nothing really informative.

Im goint to rent a root server with these specs:

Intel Xeon E5-2620 (6 vCores)
400GB SSD
8GB RAM
:crazy:

certainly with MSS 2012 R2.

Im confident to operate the server software smoothy but just to goint to be sure: :oops:

Which specs have your Servers and how many players are on your machine ordinary?

Off course I want to run the server with high settings of animal counts etc. :D

Many thanks for your answers! :good:

And NO! I DONT WANT TO CHOIN YOUR SERVERS OR YOUR ADVERTITING IN THIS POST ABOUT THEM

Airco

Re: Server Hardware Requirements (Root Server)

Post by Airco » 29 Nov 2015, 10:22

no advertisement bhut asking for spec's :ROFL:

bhut anyway i dont run dedicated yet due to the fact i that i dont wanne put to much money in it and setting stuf up to get i up on donations to get it to a zero count (no profit and no loss is my goal nothing more)
that being sayd currently it stil ofcourse runs of my pc spec wich u can see in the signature (together whit the commercial :Yahoo!: )
download is pretty ok, bhut upload is quit heavy
iam currently locked at 5.7mbps upload from my provider, when a person log's in it maxes no mather howmuch peeps are online, it takes them about 1-2 mins to log in whit 3mbps upload limit its 2-3min log in time required,
at about 10peeps online there is a nonstop usage of about 160kbps upload 104kbps d/l , at 30 peeps online its about 1.1mbps/1.2mbps upload
hope this helps u and enjoy the unwanted the commercial
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to General Discussion