Servers and Game Modes (Lif: YO)

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Artyem

Servers and Game Modes (Lif: YO)

Post by Artyem » 20 Sep 2014, 07:22

First of all, let me say that you've done a great job with the game so far. I've never enjoyed an early access game quite so much, and I'm looking forward to future updates.

I see some great potential in the game, especially the Your Own version. I understand that it's currently a sandbox game with dedicated servers, and that PVP is still entirely possible, yet I think that you can bring more people to your game in a very easy way.

Mount and Blade: Warband has battle servers, siege servers and duel servers. I would recommend doing something similar by adding "battle" game modes that allow for quick and easy PVP matches for people who don't want to spend hours building up to do some occasional fighting.

This will be achievable with the new Game Master game mode, but it could still use some simplifying. I feel that this would not only bring some more diversity to the Your Own game, but also bring in more potential customers who are looking for easy to access combat.

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope you take this into consideration.
Veteran c-RPG player

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Servers and Game Modes (Lif: YO)

Post by Siegbert » 20 Sep 2014, 07:35

I think that's a good idea. However at the current state of combat mechanics I wouldn't suggest it.
Better wait until it's a bit more fleshed out.

Artyem

Post by Artyem » 20 Sep 2014, 18:30

Siegbert wrote:I think that's a good idea. However at the current state of combat mechanics I wouldn't suggest it.
Better wait until it's a bit more fleshed out.

I agree, I meant to include a "once the combat system is improved" line in there somewhere.
Veteran c-RPG player

Kr272014

Post by Kr272014 » 20 Sep 2014, 22:47

I want to see an easier way to set up your own dedicated server and set your own ground rules. Or at least LAN. Space Engineers allows for simple dedicated server creation and you can even set it to allow only people in your Steam Group to see and connect to the server by just typing in your Steam Group ID. The devs should look into this. I think people want to have an easy way to set up a server to play with friends or clans. I, for one, do.

I know this game is still in alpha and I understand that updates will come when they come. But I can't wait to easily set up a server to play with!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas