Servers

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Caallb

Servers

Post by Caallb » 07 Nov 2014, 01:33

How exactly do the servers work in this game? If I start playing will there be lots of other people in one server? Are there private servers for friends only? Is there a public server with small maps that other individuals or friends can claim and no other people can get into unless they invade? This game looks sweet I would just like to know how the server thing is going to work.

Ziong18

Re: Servers

Post by Ziong18 » 07 Nov 2014, 02:48

You can rent a server and have it password-protected so nobody can join without your approval.
You can find a public server, hosted by other players, that is free for all and open to all public. There are available servers with lots of people and there are tons of ones that are empty.
Every server however has the same exact map. If you switch servers you have to start a brand new character, and none of the items are transferable between servers.
As far as claiming goes, you can only claim houses, coops, barns, gates, but not land (yet).

Robsterk82

Post by Robsterk82 » 08 Nov 2014, 18:27

Your in game experience will vary depending on the people and server you play on, our group started on a public server we grew and thrived, had an great thing going, good RP with neighboring settlements, and then a group of griefers came and ran everyone off the server. We've put weeks of work into that server and decided that we wont allow anyone to do that to us again so we got our own password protected server and a bunch of people from the old server now are very happy residents of our community =) long story short, password protected servers are the way to go.

Montus

All severs down / closed

Post by Montus » 16 Nov 2014, 19:06

Is that a normal accourance on here or is it just because you will have to join someone elses sever or even rent you're own, just wondering. cause I do not want to download the game spend the money on it to not even use it. makes sense to me to ask the questions and how many people would it be wise to get a village or town started?

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 20 Nov 2014, 08:58

There are different rule sets on different servers. Go try a server with a 3000 point skill cap.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Devilchils
True Believer

Post by Devilchils » 25 Nov 2014, 10:12

i have a question about servers ..

are there any free servers or do i have to buy one? and where do i get it from

i just spent $40USD and game just wont load .. and if i try to connect to an open server in the list of servers the game crashes.

i recon the creators should be more alert to people buying into this game who have problems connecting .. especially people like myself who dont have the money or knowledge for creating a private server .. they should have done it a bit more like world of warcraft and made the servers available for people to log into instead of buying the game, then having to go search for a frigging server and paying for that as well.

i have said my piece now i am going to go give me 2 pennies worth to the creators.

i am going to rate this game .. and my rating is based on the fact that there are lots of people whole have had server connection issues

RATING: -1000 / 1000

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 25 Nov 2014, 10:17

Sorry the is crashing on you, but as you were warned when you bought the game. Mitch is an Alpha build of the game.

What error is it giving you, in the command console, when it crashes?

Also the servers are free to play on, you have the option of renting your own server if you would like to though.
Last edited by Orsus on 25 Nov 2014, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

Devilchils
True Believer

Post by Devilchils » 25 Nov 2014, 10:21

Orsus wrote:What error is it giving you, in the command console, when it crashes?

it dosen't give anything .. crashes and closes straight to desktop

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 25 Nov 2014, 10:24

After you choose the server you are trying to connect to?

Also are you pressing Direct Connect? If so do not do that, people have had problems with that option recently.

To open the command console press Ctrl +~

Also have steam verify the game files, sometimes steam loads a game incorrectly.

Devilchils
True Believer

Post by Devilchils » 25 Nov 2014, 10:28

Orsus wrote:After you choose the server you are trying to connect to?

Also are you pressing Direct Connect? If so do not do that, people have had problems with that option recently.

To open the command console press Ctrl +~

Also have steam verify the game files, sometimes steam loads a game incorrectly.

yes

no (i dont think so)

ty

already have done

(hope you understand my reply)

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 25 Nov 2014, 10:32

Ok, and yes I understood it, even if it is 0230 here at my place.

What are the specs of the system you are running? If it is a win 32 system that might be the problem. Some people have reported issues with it since the game runs close to 4 gigs of ram and that does not leave much for your system to use for itself.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 25 Nov 2014, 10:35

Shamelessly copied and pasted from the mantis bug report site on a similar issue. It is for someone who's server is crashing when they launch it though. But there may be logs that we can use to try to fix the problem or just figure it out.

By Binart.
hi! Which server are u launching? private or dedicated? please add server logs, u can get them here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\server\logs -for private server, which u launch from game client.
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own Dedicated Server\logs
if u use dedicated server, which u start separately from steam tools.

Return to Newcomer Section