Signs and Markers

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Potdisc

Signs and Markers

Post by Potdisc » 14 Oct 2014, 07:12

Signs
I'm sure someone must have thought of it, but I'd like to bring it up again; signs would be absolutely wonderful to have in a player created environment. I imagine something like a signpost where you could put a board pointing, say N, NE, E, SE etc. and it'd show only the placed board(s) on the actual post, with the text in the target box (even better would be actual writing on the wood, but I'm sure that would be too technical/demanding). It'd make the world more lifelike while allowing players to get more in depth with road naming, city naming etc, all while also make the world more friendly for newer players and generally easier to navigate.

Markers
Markers to aid construction would be really helpful. I envision something simple like a stick hammered in the ground, perhaps even coloured. It should be easy to make, place and remove again. To really make it worthwhile, I suggest you could put it at a certain depth to indicate the ground level you want to reach, and terraforming should then be possible while the marker is still in the ground. This would make it way easier to plan ahead, not to mention explaining a group of people where/what they have to work.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Signs and Markers

Post by Siegbert » 14 Oct 2014, 13:57

Would be great to have signs that actually do indicate in which direction a certain town is. That way we could actually have town names in the game.

Thesnoo23

Re: Signs and Markers

Post by Thesnoo23 » 14 Oct 2014, 18:22

Signs that you can write on would be even better. Visible just by looking at it would be great, but a tooltip popup with the text would be workable. Imagine having a town with signs next to crates. "boards" "herbs" "metal bars/ingots". A bulletin board with town rules on it maybe. Fantastically useful. It'll be even MORE important once they get the whole group ownership of locks sorted out, because then you won't have to all be on at the same time so that the gate owner can let you in and out of town.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas