Skill trees, pages, and layout recomendations

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Are these good ideas

Yes, they are all great ideas and i want them in LIF
92%
No, none are good ideas
No votes
Some are good, and some are not
8%

Total votes : 12

Wolfhelm

Skill trees, pages, and layout recomendations

Post by Wolfhelm » 30 Jan 2015, 21:03

I feel that the skill layout is not realistic, and unresonable to some degree. I may sound wanty, but i know i am not the only one here thinking this, especially if the mmo cap will be 600. So, becuase of this, and to save people from reading all my posts i would be making, im making one big post... Enjoy

No skill progression:
at the moment you need 60 in one skill to progress past 30 in the next, this is taking skills away from people who want to progress one skill, but not those behind it, so why do i need to learn a whole skill, which i might never use again (or 2, or 3, or even 4...), just to unlock another skill that i want. Also, skill progression is just unrealistic, in real life i am fairly skilled in tailoring, especially leather, but i can not farm for the life of me. Yes this will result in people going for crafting builds and less gathering builds, but trust me in the fact it will even itself out fairly quickly due to supply and demand economics.

Fourth Skill Page/piety:
At the moment you need to level piety to maintain a positive alignment. I think, that Hunting, jewerly, piety, art, and tutoring should all be on their OWN skill page. At the least, piety needs to be on the third skill page, as it takes away vaulubler points from other skills, that can be used elsewere. if you decide against both, then the skillcap should be 700, to accomadate piety, and some skills in another one of these...

Levels for weapons/armor:
Any fool can swing a sword, or put on armor, but it takes skill to use it efficiantly. This is why i propose any person be able to use any weapon, and wear any armor, at any level. However, your skill level will increase its proficiency, after all you may not know much about fighting with a sword, but if something happens, its better than your fists.

more to be added as needed
Last edited by Wolfhelm on 31 Jan 2015, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Wolfhelm

Re: Skill trees, pages, and layout recomendations

Post by Wolfhelm » 31 Jan 2015, 21:48

so far there are 4 votes for yes, lets keep em coming, seeing 500 will represent abulk of those who visit here often...

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Nuubialainen

Post by Nuubialainen » 01 Feb 2015, 12:52

I completely agree. Skill trees is a silly concept in a game like this.

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 12 Jun 2015, 18:59

Totally agree, skill tree needs major work. I don't want to become a farmer, a pro-creator before I can cook a mean meal. Any I don't kneed to know how to plow the field before I make some leather.

I like the free flow concept

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 12 Jun 2015, 20:59

Did I tell you how much I love ya ? <3

A big yes from me ! At least someone actually read meh walls of texts about the no skill lines. Maybe add a link to my suggestion about it ? It has already gathered more than 40 votes ! And is the same idea as here but with a few more elements for combat (also about armors).

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 12 Jun 2015, 21:50

Yea should be a sticky I think, this is a huge part of the game and one of the most frustrating. I just started playing and wanted to put feedback on this and liked the thread.

Let folks go with what skills they want to, get lot of diversity that way. I want to make leather armor, ok learning levels of tailoring great, but I don't want to reproduce livestock LOL

Return to Suggestions and Ideas