So was reading and wanted a correction?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

FortheLawls

So was reading and wanted a correction?

Post by FortheLawls » 17 Mar 2014, 09:20

Personal claims will be absolutely useless? :fool:

From what I read the bandit in the forest will lose his house cause a guy with 9 ults builds a magical stone? :ROFL:

Wow this game sounds damn near as carebear as mortal online...

Sorry I am a old sb vet that sees this as trash carebear nut holding to AVOID PVP.

In shadowbane small group/single person could crush.

Here is a guild i belonged to , and battle I fought in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr5lOK7MWng

Beyond unbelievable outnumbered odds...
We won by pure skill. Shit I would go guards and roll groups of 10+ solo....
So either game isn't skill based just some WoW clone crap... or you are providing a mechanic for guild carebears.

I needed good laugh good thing I saw this crap on bay12

Same thing that killed mortal online will kill this game... Devs listening to retards that have never played a open pvp game...

The truth is you are just scared your carebear ass will get kicked by one guy.

Protonix wrote:Wasn't sure how the war mechanics worked, still am a little confused I guess. Not as Shadowbane-esque as I would have liked.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Re: So was reading and wanted a correction?

Post by Telakh » 17 Mar 2014, 10:06

Another personal claim lover here? Seems like Archaegeo has found a follower. :D

Personal claim is meant to be a subject to a guild claim. You either rent a house or land in the capital, or go in the wild where the laws are simple. Any guild MAY(but not must) remove any personal claim on it's territory, no matter if it was placed before or after guild construction.

So if you are a carebear - you can live in a house in the woods. If you are not - join the guild wars. But there is nothing safe in this game. Personal claims are removed by the guilds. Guilds can be destroyed. And only pure skill can protect your land and your property. There is no way one can store his loot in a vault.

A guild comes to remove your claim - fight for your land, but once you get killed you will loose it anyway.
Last edited by Telakh on 17 Mar 2014, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Mar 2014, 10:10

Bro, TBH I have never heard of your guild in SB. Might be that you were not that active at beta/release whatever before it gone f2p.
In anyway, why are you ever concerned about personal claims? If you want a massive PvP and noobs ganking - personal claims AND its magical removal should not bother you at all. Unless you are a carebear yourself, that is afraid that his claim will be removed and all your precious pixels will be lost :)

And I really fail to see logic in your words. You shift from personal claims to antizerg mechanics, admitting that there we 10 of you. In our game that will be enough for you to make your own guild with a magic stone (ToL ;)) and see what you can really do against numbers. Why do you even bother with personal claims?

P.S. HoE (House of Errants) officer here,
Bobik guard Dog TT - alfar xbow warr as a main toon.
So you don't tell me about carebears, ganking and outnumbered fighting.

FortheLawls

Post by FortheLawls » 17 Mar 2014, 10:19

Bobik wrote:Bro, TBH I have never heard of your guild in SB. Might be that you were not that active at beta/release whatever before it gone f2p.

Bro tbh maybe you just were a nobody?
Skitz was our top tier IC , I was a IC as well... Skitz is currently in charge of the emulation development.. under nick starfish...

What guild were ya in bro? CN?

Bobik wrote: In anyway, why are you ever concerned about personal claims? If you want a massive PvP and noobs ganking

Its carebear cause it doesn't increase pvp but decrease it with a magical button... shouldn't there have to be pvp to bane someone? Not a magical button to do so?

Bobik wrote:P.S. HoE (House of Errants)

o hey little HoE you likely know me as Virous under sdr tags on a Nightstalker or when i multi box about 20 ults in sdr. In ct I was Known as Root.

HoE was a newbie nation that existed on Test that got banned by CN once and almost lost till me and couple buddies showed under sdr tags :D

HoE didn't exist till it was F2p

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=3778
Protonix wrote:Wasn't sure how the war mechanics worked, still am a little confused I guess. Not as Shadowbane-esque as I would have liked.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 17 Mar 2014, 10:39

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 17 Mar 2014, 10:49

They are not carebears. They are PANDAS!
They sit or personal claims, consider themselves a cool PvPers and shit briks if a group comes to remove their shed without letting them to kill THOUSANDS of attackers.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 17 Mar 2014, 10:50

So, giving solo PvE players unconditional safety is not carebear? Really?

Go Pandas!

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 17 Mar 2014, 10:56

@ForTheLawls
And I guess your daddy is bigger and stronger than my daddy... *sigh*

So pointless...

I think there are some whiners and complainers who needs to learn the difference between:

Discussing, brainstorming vs. Complaining, moaning and whining

And:

Being Constructive vs. Being a Troll, douchebag and flat out rude.

And especially claiming how one thing will be when we have not even been able to test how it works in general. This is all just speculation - not facts.
The facts will be evident when we have been able to test it in game and see how everything works and balances out - even with different player styles.
And then comes tweaking... endless tweaking...

I personally do not care how well your claim is or how thought through your idea is - but as soon as there is whining and rudeness involved, I loose interest in even hearing what you say, or taking you seriously.

This particular subject is already very old, and instead of putting up a new thread - why not comment in the 5-6 threads that already were put up by Archaegeo and Seppuku on the same subject...

Have a good day
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 17 Mar 2014, 11:13

With all these threads I still don't get how siege mechanics work.

So basically, if guild A decides to remove a personal claim, the band owning the personal claim will not be able to fight back ? Not even harass guild A on their new territory ?
Spoiler

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 17 Mar 2014, 11:20

Winston wrote:With all these threads I still don't get how siege mechanics work.

So basically, if guild A decides to remove a personal claim, the band owning the personal claim will not be able to fight back ? Not even harass guild A on their new territory ?

You can't declare a war on the guild if you don't have your own guildstone.
You can fight back and/or harrass any player but you will be criminal. You can also hire a merc guild.
The guild DO HAVE a right to remove any personal claim on the guild land, with no consequences currently. Maybe there will be additional mechanics, as Bobik has said.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Mar 2014, 11:28

FortheLawls wrote:HoE was a newbie nation that existed on Test that got banned by CN once and almost lost till me and couple buddies showed under sdr tags :D

HoE didn't exist till it was F2p

:D 5 minutes of googling:
http://news.mmosite.com/data/p/u/2005/1 ... 77761.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowbane
On March 15, 2006 the game was made free-to-play.

I could go on about how clueless about SB you are, but that is not the point anyway.
You will have plenty of PvP with random ganking, raiding and guild vs guild sieges. SB even had no personal claims. So amount of PvP reasons is equal with SB in that part.

P.S. Let's see if there will be anything constructive out of that topic, but I highly doubt about that.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 17 Mar 2014, 11:33

Bobik wrote:P.S. Let's see if there will be anything constructive out of that topic, but I highly doubt about that.
Oh, don't you lock it please. Pandas should have a chance to fight back =)
Besides, there is not much to do before the Alpha.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 17 Mar 2014, 12:16

I just wanted to say

THIS ISNT ME <grin>

To the OP....

For now, we will have to wait and see if enough uproar ever occurs once the planned system is in place to warrant a change. Of course then players who had their claims taken will be gone, but I am now on a wait and see mindset, maybe the world is big enough its moot.

But yes, Personal Claims are 100% carebear except for a guild takeover, then they are 100% defenseless. I don't like either side of that equation. Means if I find a guy whose stuff I want to take, he can run and drop it in a chest on his property before I can rob him, bleh.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 17 Mar 2014, 12:19

Archaegeo wrote:But yes, Personal Claims are 100% carebear except for a guild takeover, then they are 100% defenseless. I don't like either side of that equation. Means if I find a guy whose stuff I want to take, he can run and drop it in a chest on his property before I can rob him, bleh.

You can trespass on someone's territory and steal their stuff I think, of course that will flag you as criminal but so does ganking someone for his loot.
Spoiler

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 17 Mar 2014, 12:31

Winston, from the Wiki:

" All movable and unmovable objects within that type of claim are protected from any damage and can only be used by owner of that claim or other players that have received access rights from the owner. "

Would imply to me that a chest will be unusable save by claim owner.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Mar 2014, 12:48

Yup, it will be unusable. Personal claims are 100% defended from anything, unless they're on a guild territory during war (in that case attacking guild can raid those claims).

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 17 Mar 2014, 12:59

They don't seem to understand how the clan stone is pony magic. Just join me in alpha in showing how bad an idea this is.

I think personal claims need to lose their 100% protection also. Unless they are in the rented lands. Why not make it a fair game for single players? They may be outnumbered, but at least they are on even ground when it comes to defending their land. I DO NOT think that single players should be allowed to raid guild keeps though. Unless they invent some sort of peasant raid group option. Basically a temporary clan used for defending their land when it is threatened. Maybe call it a revolution. Where peasants can rally together against an unjust lord...

There are like 6 posts about this now, and we are at a stalemate. The only way the ones who think this system will work will see the writing on the wall is for a few testers to show how truly exploitable and BAD this is for the success of the game.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 17 Mar 2014, 13:11

Stalemate? Its just a few people refusing to stop moaning.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 17 Mar 2014, 13:13

And the fanbois who rather insult than contribute to a discussion or if they don't like it not post.

Anyway, OP, dead issue for now.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 17 Mar 2014, 13:33

Archaegeo wrote:And the fanbois who rather insult than contribute to a discussion or if they don't like it not post.

Once they start insulting you know you've won the intellectual debate.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 17 Mar 2014, 13:41

Seppuku wrote:
Archaegeo wrote:And the fanbois who rather insult than contribute to a discussion or if they don't like it not post.

Once they start insulting you know you've won the intellectual debate.

Nice paradox there.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 17 Mar 2014, 13:45

Ok I am going to give you a Solution...Maybe..

Perhaps you can have two types of Small Claims..

Personal and Small Town....

Personal Claims - would stay as they are..giving Newer players a place to camp and learn about the game...etc..would still be able to be removed through a Realm claiming the area.

Small Town Claims- would be a step before Town Claims. They would be required to build a Small Monument that would take some resources to build.

These Small Town claims would not be able to Participate in World Politics or Siege, But they would be able to fight and defend against the realm without penalty IF expanded over.

After 24 hours the Realm can Attack and Destroy any Small Town within its Borders by removing their monument. Once the monument is removed the entire claim is removed.

This would give those people wanting PvP and to be able to protect their personal lands an option to do so while still giving those who need personal claims to get started in the game that options as well.

It would also give them the option of forming a Town (10 players) by building a bigger monument if they want to declare War or Siege before they were destroyed.

You should also make small towns able to be sieged by a group of players first without expanding over to be destroyed.

Just a thought anyhow if you really want to go this route..I don't know if its a great idea or whether or not its worth the trouble to be put in, but you have to start coming up with a full ruleset for this type of thing that works.
Last edited by Protunia on 17 Mar 2014, 14:10, edited 4 times in total.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 17 Mar 2014, 13:58

There are 4 levels of guild claims and it works exactly as you have described. Tier1 guilds can be besiedged instantly, without any field battles.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 17 Mar 2014, 14:04

Bobik wrote:P.S. HoE (House of Errants) officer here,
Bobik guard Dog TT - alfar xbow warr as a main toon.
So you don't tell me about carebears, ganking and outnumbered fighting.

You tell him Bobik....and I agree that this guy barely writes a coherent message so I am not sure what he is trying to get at either.

Also, if the combat mechanics of a game allow you to go 10+ vs 1 and win, then they are *DUMB* unless the 10+ are like in the newbie starting area with starter weapons and trying to figure out how to swing.

Play a real combat mechanics system like Warband (especially cRPG mod where the average player skill is very high) against competitive players online and try to go 10+ vs 1....

In Darkfall people could do what you speak of *BECAUSE DARKFALL COMBAT WAS DUMB* ...it was a mess of spammy spinning halberds in full plate with full aoe magic and self healing jumpy bullshit.

That's not skill...

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 17 Mar 2014, 14:06

Telakh wrote:There are 4 levels of guild claims and it works exactly as you have described. Tier1 guilds can be besiedged instantly, without any field battles.

Yeah I know how it works....but if we are gonna deal with endless speculations and forum battles over some small claim players who cant make a guild who want to be destroyed.....might as well start talking about options to make sure they can have the fun of dying many times and seeing their entire claim brought down to rubble...

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 17 Mar 2014, 14:45

Protunia wrote:Ok I am going to give you a Solution...Maybe..

Perhaps you can have two types of Small Claims..

Personal and Small Town....

Personal Claims - would stay as they are..giving Newer players a place to camp and learn about the game...etc..would still be able to be removed through a Realm claiming the area.

Small Town Claims- would be a step before Town Claims. They would be required to build a Small Monument that would take some resources to build.

Think Protunia means his suggested small town claims could be made by less than guild size. (< 10 people).

I think it would be a good step between full guild town and personal claim. A couple or small group could upgrade to small town to give them the option of fighting back against a Realm if they desired.

Wont happen, but good suggestion Prot.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 17 Mar 2014, 15:04

When I've read that guilds will be able to remove personal claims for the first time, I was outraged. After reading some arguments in previous threads I decided that we have to leave everything as it is.

Also, when Bobik told me that I can destroy buildings/objects on my private claim, I don't care if a clan can overcome my territory. If I won't succeed negotiating with clan leader, I will simply destroy everything, move to other place and claim a piece of land there. The leader can have the scorched earth, what I care.

And for those who so eagerly try to change current engine - The planned system isn't what You support? Neither do I. But I haven't even played the game. WE DON'T KNOW how it will work out with big community. The're currently how much? Approx. 250 players in closed Alpha? Wait till it's released in Steam, when all 16 yo madkids join. Then we can SHARE EXPERIENCES and see if this is a perfect/good/decent/mediocre/bad/horrible/terrible idea. And only then, when it's been tested!

PEOPLE LEARN TO ACCEPT OTHER OPINIONS FFS :fool:
QUAERO TOTUS

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 17 Mar 2014, 15:33

If people CAN'T make a guild, there are 2 easy solutions: JOIN a guild or RENT land from a guild or arrange protection guarantees in any other way. No need to invent some crazy mechanics.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 17 Mar 2014, 17:46

Yea seppuku pony magic, watch nobody give a rats ass about your crappy little hut when they are busy building stone castles and walls. When people drop a monument it's going to be for the resources in the area and not for your chest full of sticks and mushrooms.

You want to even the playing field by making personal claims attackable. In what world does 1 guy beat 10 teammates? This isn't hollywood and you have no 1 shot gun to crutch on.

If you want to throw in random statistics like I would have friends to protect my personal claim then you have to realize that most if not all clans will have more players then 10. Average for most MMO's is around 30 core but for a game that promotes warfare clans will get much bigger. That's not even counting alliances and mercenaries.

Overall a clan leader requires authority skill levels to drop a realm claim.

FortheLawls

Post by FortheLawls » 18 Mar 2014, 00:36

Proximo wrote:chest full of sticks and mushrooms.

Woah carebear been cupping bit to much on Salem there

Signed the treaty huh broski

I read through the whole thing and all I see is a bunch of butt hurt future heros

Last I checked prox you cupped cn too bro.
You were scared to lose your one man cities.

So again advise from non pvpers.
Unless this game turning into forum bane let the real players talk bro.

Proximo wrote:In what world does 1 guy beat 10 teammates?

I lift unlike you bro

I remember a crusader that sat around taking out 5 -x-'s once... while they couldn't kill him... was to much lifting i guess.

Return to General Discussion