Soil quality shouldn't affect everything

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
MartialDoctor

Soil quality shouldn't affect everything

Post by MartialDoctor » 16 Dec 2015, 12:01

I really like how the soil quality affects aspects of the game such as the growth of crops, herb quality of herbs that grow from them, etc.

However, I really dislike how soil quality affects things that it should have no affect on. Things like, fishing, the quality of things manufactured, and similar aspects should not be affected as it makes no sense.

When fishing, putting down high quality soil, and then standing on it, should not bring in better fish. I've seen multiple people verify, and reproduce, this affect.

When building an object that is used for manufacturing of products, forge, alchemists table, etc., the quality of the soil underneath should also have no affect on the quality of goods produced by these objects.
Again, I've heard from several people that this is the case.

I request that these be adjusted to be more realistic. Soil quality should affect things related to the earth, farming, herbalism, etc., but not to those aspects that are not.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Soil quality shouldn't affect everything

Post by Khan- » 16 Dec 2015, 13:27

MartialDoctor wrote: the quality of things manufactured, and similar aspects should not be affected as it makes no sense.

oO ?

you can find in the wiki the % of influence, soil quality for manufactured items have nothing to do with soil...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 16 Dec 2015, 14:19

Psst Khan, don´t tell them ... :Bravo:

I always :lol: while watching those Let´s Plays where they collect Q100 soil from all over the Island - just to pour it on the ground for building shops, stables and barns on it.

It´s also funny when they pour it on just one cell in water, stand right on this cell and catch Q7 fishes from 2-3 cells away.

Month ago I tried explain to them ... but they called me a wiseguy - so I wait, until these guy´s from the "great MMO-preparing-server" (free translated) will reach MMO. :twisted:

EDIT: Q100 soil to build water wells on it, is another Story. THERE the soil in deed has an influence.

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor » 16 Dec 2015, 14:30

Laertes wrote:Psst Khan, don´t tell them ... :Bravo:

I always :lol: while watching those Let´s Plays where they collect Q100 soil from all over the Island - just to pour it on the ground for building shops, stables and barns on it.

It´s also funny when they pour it on just one cell in water, stand right on this cell and catch Q7 fishes from 2-3 cells away.

Month ago I tried explain to them ... but they called me a wiseguy - so I wait, until these guy´s from the "great MMO-preparing-server" (free translated) will reach MMO. :twisted:

EDIT: Q100 soil to build water wells on it, is another Story. THERE the soil in deed has an influence.

Ok, so are you saying that these people are incorrect? It would be good to have someone shine some light on this aspect...

Several people have confirmed the fishing part with me. Is it just that they were fishing in other areas and catching better fish and that it's a coincidence that they had the soil with them?

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 16 Dec 2015, 15:15

MartialDoctor wrote:Ok, so are you saying that these people are incorrect?
Me? :shock: Never! (Please, would someone be so kind and help me back on my seat).

MartialDoctor wrote:It would be good to have someone shine some light on this aspect...
Joining on a server with some experienced players could be a possibillity ...

MartialDoctor wrote:Several people have confirmed the fishing part with me. Is it just that they were fishing in other areas and catching better fish and that it's a coincidence that they had the soil with them?
You CAN raise water quality by pouring high q soil in. But that don´t harm fishes 2 cells away. So, if you only have enough soil for 1 cell, it´s not the best idea to stand right on this one while fishing.

rtfw

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 16 Dec 2015, 16:25

the game has so fucking much bullshit theories about quality and the game mecanics in general... pouring q100 soil under a building to increase its quality is one of them...

building a wheel on q100 soil won't affect its quality...
moving object won't affect its quality or durability...

stop being so blind, do your own test, play the game, fuck the q100 theories, q100 is bullshit.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Airco

Post by Airco » 16 Dec 2015, 18:10

yup agreed, its nice to have q100 tree's bhut stop crying if your at q95 trees that your missing the 5q ,
even if its for buildings... if the more q even adds 100dura to a wall for example, youl need to be luky that the trebuchet needs a extra shot becouse of that
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 16 Dec 2015, 19:44

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:the game has so fucking much bullshit theories about quality and the game mecanics in general... pouring q100 soil under a building to increase its quality is one of them...
Yeah! :good: (Where´s the "like"-button?)

The need of Q100 charcoal to smelt Q100 iron is another tall story.

But it´s still funny watching kid´s pouring high Q soil on ground for nothing and then crying for better fishes (cause they´re in lack of high Q soil).
Previously I didn´t believe, that the Int.-bar has a negative area.

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor » 17 Dec 2015, 02:26

Thanks for the clarification, fellas. I don't have time to confirm these theories myself so I rely mostly on others.

I partly was making this thread in case people would correct me. So, it's good to learn that these are, indeed, incorrect :good:

Prostheus

Post by Prostheus » 18 Mar 2016, 02:19

q100 trees are nice though. From what I've seen, they have basically double seedlings, bark & sticks once fully grown

Return to Feedback Section