Speed of raising the construction skill

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Ravenclad

Speed of raising the construction skill

Post by Ravenclad » 25 Sep 2014, 13:41

Just a little preface here. I run a 1x skillgain server, and according the the server files .8 is the vanilla setting. So we are just a hair faster than the game is intended to be.

Now the point. In order to reach 15 construction skill I had to build nearly 800 fences. Each skill gain was between .02 and .007, is this intended? To level post 15 Im bringing a forge and anvil to 99% complete and deconstructing it and all the resources and still only getting .3 gain for it.

Basically it just seems like skill gain in this skill is unbalanced at the moment, if you want to make it a massive resource sink then let us make widgets with a hammer or something for skill ups. Reaching 60 points on a 1x or.8x skill server is ridiculously difficult and causes a huge amount of useless clutter.

Edit: And just noticed I put this in the wrong forum, if a mode sees this would you be so kind as to place this in the Feedback sub-forum. Thanks.
RavenClad @ Bluefangservices Official #11 Chicago - 1x skill server with active admins.

Viik

Re: Speed of raising the construction skill

Post by Viik » 25 Sep 2014, 13:50

+1 It's like some of the game processes were inspired heavily by Wurm :D
Half of Wurm is like a second work and not a game for fun. Nobody enjoys pointless grinding. It's even worse with herbalist and animal lore.

Solution to this can be more content - more variety of things to do or build to raise skill. Another one can be ability to learn skills from other player. We need more interaction and less staring at a progress bar doing nothing.

Rhinosaurus

Re: Speed of raising the construction skill

Post by Rhinosaurus » 25 Sep 2014, 17:27

Ours is at 10 and that is pretty much as low as I would enjoy. As reference I am 85+ in everything up to masonry. 100 Terra and mat prep. 85+ constr and 94 masonry. That took a while even with an hour boost of 50x due to server wipe.

Any lower than 10 would be boring IMO.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas