Storm's 25 hour marathon, a feedback post

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
StormCorpsFinest

Storm's 25 hour marathon, a feedback post

Post by StormCorpsFinest » 26 Sep 2014, 19:06

After 25 hours, I feel it's time to write up a quick feedback post so the developers can analyze a long-term players thoughts on the game. Since I've only explored half of the crafting lines, I will only provide feedback in those areas, as well as general gameplay feedback. I will update the main thread as my schedule allows, and as I play more. I will first provide my general feedback of the game itself.

General Game Feedback:

Pros:

- Atmosphere:
By far, the atmosphere is very well done. The combination of the music, setting, and attention to detail brings LiF it's life. Most games seem to forget that the setting is a large part of what keeps players playing.

- Crafting:
LiF probably has one of the best crafting system there is. Although there are a few areas that need work (see cons). The crafting system puts emphasis on teamwork, which eliminates the lone-wolf playstyle, effectively restricting the griefer in his natural habitat (survival based games).

- Realism (the simulation):
LiF requires some serious patience and planning in order to play. Just like in the feudal European era, towns were not created just by a couple of folks. You need an entire group of players to effectively experience this game. This I believe is one of the major selling points of the game.

- Emphasis on roleplay:
LiF puts large emphasis on roleplay is a variety of ways; such as requiring teamwork. Diplomacy and a hierarchy system is required to run any effective community of crafters and warriors in this game.

Cons:

Disclaimer: I realize this is an early access game, I am only pointing out the cons of the current state of the game. These are subject to change throughout development.

- Combat
As it stands, combat is clunky and buggy. Although there is an intricate combat system planned and half-placed, it needs some serious work. If you're buying into this game now for the combat, maybe you should wait.

- Long, sometime tedious work required
This could be both a pro and con. Some players may like a quick progression in their games, others like tough work for small reward. Again, I wasn't sure where to put this, but my personal preference would like a healthy medium between the two

- Glitches, bugs, the lot
The current early access provides many bugs and glitches, and half of the crafting lines do not effectively work. This is something I'm sure will be fixed upon development of the game.

- Optimization
Currently, the game is hardly optimized. Even high spec computers are having a tough time running the game at high settings with a decent fps. Again, something that will be fixed in time.

Crafting Feedback:

~ Will update ~

Recommendations:

- Please, for the love of all things Holy; let master terraformers 'observe' whilst lowering and raising terrain. We should not have to suffer through menus and constantly check back on whether or not we are on the right tile. This is something that must be considered!

- Implement chat bubbles, this will enhance the RP experience, and is at major convenience for players.
Sanctuary Republic | Dedicated Blacksmith | 100 Ugly Gamers

Return to Feedback Section