Suggestions/recommendations for improved play

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

JTech

Suggestions/recommendations for improved play

Post by JTech » 01 Dec 2014, 22:07

First off, I just want to say thanks for creating an amazing game with lots of potential. And a small disclaimer:

I have over 100 hours in this game and am still learning new stuff. I'm no expert. But I have suggestions that I believe would enhance game play:

1. Option to make iron sickle. There's no iron sickle..we have other iron tools. Am I missing something?
2. Herbs found should have a better highlighting...maybe a yellow border around them and slightly larger hit boxes for some of the herbs when harvesting.
3. Why couldn't Flux be farmed (planted and grown)? Of course one would have to learn the skill.
4. Claims to be a week long instead of 48hrs (if possible).. may cause too much of a resource drain though to keep people's claims up...not sure.
5.animals to random drop animal fat (process to make fallow or something) for lamps and torches..instead of Naphtha. And/or beehives to yield wax to make candles/lamps.
6. Be able to store small items in bags then put them in a crate/chest/wheelbarrow (e.g. to store and keep herbs organized)
7. Locks to be either iron as well as steel. (Steel better quality and more resistant to lockpicking) and require 1 bar ...not 2. 2 seems a bit excessive for
8. To be able to label crates/chests for easier ID purposes
9. Combat seems a bit clunky, but like the idea of the similarity to "mount and blade" combat system. I think you are on the right track...maybe a few tweaks here and there to allow for more strategy and skill.
10. Some animations for equipping weps/tools could be changed.
Note: I like how you incorporated praying. I have never seen that in a game before. ;) you have to pray harder...lol

Those are just a few ideas/suggestions. I understand you can't please everyone and this may not get implemented. But I figured I would share regardless. ;)

Orsus

Re: Suggestions/recommendations for improved play

Post by Orsus » 02 Dec 2014, 08:47

I definately agree on the iron sickle, there does we'd to be one.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 02 Dec 2014, 20:07

1. This one doesn't really matter to me.
2. Disagree. Look for better Herbs. The junk common herbs suck yes, but you should be looking for fresh (bush type) and pristine (orange/red flower type). Do your herb picking in 75+ quality soil. NOTE: Picking Herbs and Gathering Mushrooms or Berries will reduce soil quality of that cell.

Of late, I've been using my "farm" area after a harvest to do any herbing I might need. Due to massive increase in 100q fertilizer now, Soil quality is normally 90-92 after a harvest, and that's awesome for herbing, and then I just raise each cell back up to 96q before replanting (you get 2-4q from using plow, and then 1-2q per 100q fertilizer with 80q+ soil @100 Farming)

3. The way they do steel and other metals has been highly discussed by others. Lot of folks don't like flux, but I personally don't feel it should ever be "plantable." That makes no sense whatsoever, since it's a chemical byproduct. Possibly planting the actual herbs in an "Herb Box" type of deal, like on windowsills of some housing. Something like that would be okay.

4. Server default for claiming system is 48 hours. It can be adjusted via modding by server admin. Claiming system is not nearly done, for the LIF:YO servers or the MMO side of things.

5. I have suggest Lard in another player's suggestion post in the past.

6. Personal Inventory wearables are something that will be implemented in the future. (bags, sacks, backpacks)

7. Personally doubt the locking system is fully implemented. Likely in the future will have some sort of "lockpicking" type of skill, and different qualities of locks.

8. Would take up a lot of server resources for something like this. Every player personally naming a crate/barrel/chest/wardrobe, to be visible by anyone looking at it. Not worth it.

9. Combat system is not done. Character models are not done (what we have now is a temporary). Hitbox models are not done (cuz why waste time perfecting a hitbox on a temporary model anyhow).

10. No opinion here.

Rjmspoel
True Believer

Post by Rjmspoel » 03 Dec 2014, 07:22

11. Create a herbalists hammer to heal fractures.

Right now it seems a bit weird of using a huge blacksmiths hammer to heal fractures, would do more damage then the actual fracture.

P.S. What about this one if you pray too often?
"God has heard you enough allready, please stop"

Vamyan

Post by Vamyan » 03 Dec 2014, 10:55

What about using the saw for surgery? :crazy:

Return to Feedback Section