Sun evening, most servers empty. My theory, one value

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Hausser

Sun evening, most servers empty. My theory, one value

Post by Hausser » 12 Oct 2014, 23:21

Max Capacity of movable containers.

I know this game is alpha and whatnot, but what i have witnessed on the 2 servers we played so far was this:
People either
-start with lots of their buddys or recruit manpower on the server, and either enjoy the game and keep playing or dont and stop.
-start alone, see how time consuming the tasks are, join a group, and either enjoy the game and keep playing or dont and stop.
-join with a small group of friends, with whom they wanna play this game. And from my experience from games like dayz (epoch in particular), thats the "meat" that keeps the server interesting, in many senses, but who play this game for around 2-4 days, and then stop, because they simply cant move enough stuff from A to B.

And while its a valid argument that the game is designed to be played in bigger groups (i suppose?), thats not what a lot of them want to do, they have their buddys whom they know, and they wanna share their storehouse with them and with them only (for example).

Sure, they might build their little fortified something in the vicinity of our town to trade with us or work for us, and also join our ts and do a little pillaging with us, but in general, thats it, they wanna stay as a separate group and mostly doing their own stuff.

But after they carried the stones and clay for a few city wall pieces or or a bigger building to their camp, you never see them again, because they spent most of their time in the game not crafting nor building or doing anything of interest, but walking, the same route, dozens and dozens of times.

They cant just go to a quarry and mine some stuff, or cut a few hundred building blocks or shape granite and trade it in the citys for what they need, and if theres no iron nearby, they cant even get propper tools without a hell lot of more walking. (Since they cant carry anything to the cities, apart from flux, what cities need)

I know this game is alpha and has a certain design philosophy, but small groups need to enjoy this game or it could lose its popularity as fast as it got it.
And i think the impossibility for them to move stuff is the main reason they stop playing after a few days (and bigger groups dont), and it could be "fixed" with the change of a single value, at least as an ad-hoc solution till the "real" means of transportation work(horses or oxen carts or NPC-slaves or whatever)

Id say you should be able to move around 2000 stones in it, not 400 (which is what a properly skilled hauler char can fit in his pockets).

Aldebaran

Re: Sun evening, most servers empty. My theory, one value

Post by Aldebaran » 13 Oct 2014, 09:11

The lack of a recent patch has many in my little circle quite annoyed.

Hausser

Re: Sun evening, most servers empty. My theory, one value

Post by Hausser » 13 Oct 2014, 13:24

Im not even talking of touching the actual code.

But yeah, Space Engineer's update cycle made us all a bit spoiled.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas