Taming question

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Ptlans

Taming question

Post by Ptlans » 04 Dec 2014, 19:19

Hello all, I've got one question that I can't find the answer to anywhere.

Is it possible to tame wolves in this game?

So far I've heard that regular domestic animals like pigs, chickens cows ans horses can be tamed but I'm really hoping you can make a kennel and tame wolves as well.

Arrakis

Re: Taming question

Post by Arrakis » 04 Dec 2014, 21:00

No, wolves cannot be tamed. These are wild and hostile animals, that will attack you if you get too close. Their corpses provide various materials, such as wolf hide and meat.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 04 Dec 2014, 22:25

http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 066616311/

Steam forum post that is a discussion and compiled info post on all current animals.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 06 Dec 2014, 10:34

Grouse/chicken and hare/rabbit-No. Catchable with a snare only.
Sheep and ram can be tamed.
Sow/pig and boar can be tamed. Boar is aggressive, so watch it. Taming used to stop the boar from attacking, not sure if it supposed to or not.
Cow and bull can be tamed.

The best strategy is to inch up,slowly on the animals to be tamed. Make sure you have food for them in your inventory as that will be consumed in its taming. Bring a lot, as I have had some tamed in under 10 and other took over 30. Better results might be achieved with the animals preferred food source.

Bear cannot be tamed.
Wolf cannot be tamed.

Have not found a moose, since the new animal patch came out though. So they may have been removed.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

BethSheeba

Post by BethSheeba » 01 Apr 2015, 03:21

After playing the role of a farmer, I noticed animal lore is horrid to raise up I was reading the skill pages and noticed it said at 0 level you should be able to tame grouse and hares. Which is not possible you can catch them in the snares but cannot tame them. Is this an over site of the Dev's or has this not been implemented yet? Will be able to tame hares and grouse at a later date?

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 01 Apr 2015, 05:39

Not wholly implemented, the taming part of it. The way you get small animals is through snares. You toss the ones you get into a coop. From 0 to 30, your only role really is pooper scooper (cleaning dung from the buildings). Coops, barns, or stables. It really sounds worse than it is, doesn't take long even at 1.0 skill gain server setting.

BethSheeba

Post by BethSheeba » 01 Apr 2015, 18:13

That's what I had thought it was not fully implemented yet, But once Implemented we should be able to tame hares and grouse right?

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 02 Apr 2015, 12:14

At the moment the skill specifically says "Can tame/catch small animals (grouse, hare)", however the way you catch them is with snares which uses hunting with "Can set up snare traps" so the actual catching of the small animals with snares raises hunting, not farming. Can't use tame on the wild birds or hare as of yet, they were recently added. Will you ever "tame" small animals with just farming, no clue.

Return to Newcomer Section