Terraforming action queue

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

RedKlaxxon

Terraforming action queue

Post by RedKlaxxon » 26 Sep 2014, 13:09

In addition to the observe mode for terraforming suggestion from a few days ago, I wonder whether it would also make things a lot more enjoyable to include an action queue in that mode. That way you could queue up a number of terraforming actions in a row and watch them happen, instead of manually doing each square one at a time.

To be honest I don't know if it makes any sense because I've only been watching streams of playing the game, but it came to mind and thought I'd share.

Dods

Re: Terraforming action queue

Post by Dods » 26 Sep 2014, 17:40

It isn't a new idea. Wurm utilizes an action queue as well. I agree with this whole idea.

However, most of LiF is so tedious it is beyond boring. The gathering isn't consistent across gathering skills, nor is terraforming. I hope they develop this before adding in a queue.

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 26 Sep 2014, 17:47

I like the idea a can cancelable queue,
however, I also understand why things take a differing length of time and disagree with making things "uniform"... life isn't that neat, and a life simulator shouldn't be either.

Dods

Post by Dods » 26 Sep 2014, 17:49

I understand that things can take a different amount of time. But gathering apples at 30 seconds yields 40 apples at 90+ quality with 100 farming. Gathering roots at 30 seconds yields one 10 quality root with 100 skill.

So ... Come again?

Edit: it's a game called Life is Feudal. Not a game called Life is Boring.

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 26 Sep 2014, 18:03

oh, ok. I get that part, yeah... I personally think the # of things should scale with the resource Quality being gathered from and the length of the day. That way you get what would be 'realistically' yielded in game time.

as an example, with defaults 40 apples in 30 seconds is reasonable when the "day" is 3 hours. However, roots needs some love. AND they need an Inspect for the non-forestry skills... so you know what you are digging into/foraging... I agree

Return to Suggestions and Ideas