Textures

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Fairgoer

Textures

Post by Fairgoer » 22 Feb 2016, 18:48

I never had problems with "soapy" textures until the update that was supposed to fix them. Now, when I log into the game, for the first five minutes it looks like I'm playing some weird cartoon game. Also, the grass seems much more trimmed back than before, I didn't change my grass settings, because I like to run the game on the highest settings, and I've got an ASUS machine with a GeForce 660, so I haven't had any problems up until now.

Ditto on the black textures on buildings and, most of all, inside mines through fertile earth. Looks like the inside of my mine is coated with chocolate.

Mcnamara

Re: Textures

Post by Mcnamara » 22 Feb 2016, 19:03

Same Issue. Pls fix low-detail texture & black texture issue.

Fix memory overflow (it cause a lot of crashes in ingame big cities)

Xeen
True Believer

Post by Xeen » 24 Feb 2016, 12:06

Had same issue, but after reinstall LIF:YO on separate SSD drive the "soapy texture time" was reduced from 4 minutes to first 10 seconds after game start.

I think it might be related, because now game started in half time than before. They probably do not pre-cache textures before game started but after. Which results to soapy textures at start. On fast configurations it takes few seconds tto refresh, on slower ones it takes lot more time.

MichaelPraust

Post by MichaelPraust » 25 Feb 2016, 12:11

Reinstall didn't help. It's a problem with game code iteslf or settings. We need to wait for patch or hotfix.

Balerion

Post by Balerion » 25 Feb 2016, 14:47

I'm having the same problem, so are my guildmates and so are alot of people on my server, so I'm guessing alot of people in general. "soapy" textures and black textures, the soapy textures affect buildings, the ground and walls in mines, the grass and sometimes trees. Sometimes it just takes alot of time to load, sometimes they won't load at all. This is really annoying I hope the developement team gets this fixed soon.

Return to Feedback Section