The big problem of mmorpgs currently

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Ikarus

The big problem of mmorpgs currently

Post by Ikarus » 18 Sep 2014, 03:07

Hello guys. I know the devs do not leave a game with so much potential to be a P2W, but from what I researched, LiF will have an item shop, purely cosmetic.
Anyway, in my opinion, the immersion in games rpg, mmo or not, is essential.
Any external factor hurt the immersion of the game, even if it is innocent cosmetic items purchased outside the game.
I prefer that the players have access to all content, building and craft items all possible, even if paying a monthly cost. This would enrich the internal economy of the game would encourage players to venture in search of items to craft, plus immersion and roleplying.

Sorry for my poor English, I used a translator, I hope you understand the meaning of my post. Thank you all.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: The big problem of mmorpgs currently

Post by Siegbert » 18 Sep 2014, 05:56

Monthly fees might just not work anymore. Fewer and fewer people are willing to pay for a game on a monthly basis.
And as for the ingame shop: some people care for such things (most importantly guilds who want to give themselves a uniform look), some don't.
I hear PlanetSide2 is going quite well with its ingame shop. I, however watched that game since alpha and could hardly care less about my looks in the game.
Might be different in a strictly medieval setting though.

Ikarus

Re: The big problem of mmorpgs currently

Post by Ikarus » 18 Sep 2014, 23:04

A uniform guild can be built in the game, as well as special dyes with difficult ingredients or not to get
Planetside 2 is focused on shooting and gameplay, no matter how much your character is. In LiF have ambiance, social interactions, roles to play and more.
Having a monthly fee is only an option, since the item shop is for profit.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas