The dedicated hosting tools just flat out don't work.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Peasant

The dedicated hosting tools just flat out don't work.

Post by Peasant » 20 Sep 2014, 22:40

I have tried every guide that explains how they fixed it ect et...

If I just run the game it auto crashes and seems to have a problem connecting to the DB, or atleast importing its sql file, it just crashes.

If I do the import myself with php my admin or hiedisql, there are so many errors in the database it does not work. The server will stay up but everyone who tries to join it gets a DB error.

Someone please fix the dedicated hosting files. Our clan has been waiting two days to get our server up.

Peasant

Re: The dedicated hosting tools just flat out don't work.

Post by Peasant » 20 Sep 2014, 22:42

if you just straight up follow the readme, it will not work, othe guides people have postd like merging your my.ini's, they don't work either.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(

Longh

Post by Longh » 21 Sep 2014, 00:19

Have you put the my.ini in the correct place? Taskmanager shows where MariaDB loads it if you enable the command line column..

Peasant

Post by Peasant » 21 Sep 2014, 00:24

would that mean i have to merge the server my.ini with the standard my.ini like other tutorials?

Longh

Post by Longh » 21 Sep 2014, 00:30

I changed the name of the default my.ini to my.ini.bak or somesuch (as in to back it up instead of deleting..) and then just copied the one that came with the dedi to the same folder.

E: Don't know if that was very clear.. What I mean is that I replaced the defaul one.

theonlyduck

Post by theonlyduck » 21 Sep 2014, 00:33

Can you tell us the whole process? or come into our ts to explain it to us?

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 21 Sep 2014, 00:40

Make SURE you are using v5.5 of MariaDB, NOT the 10.x version on the front page, that will NOT work.

First, edit your world_1.xml file to reflect what you want.

Secondly, edit config_local.cs to reflect the database server you created when installing MariaDB. Put that file into the "Life is Feudal Your Own Dedicated Server" folder in steam.

Thirdly, if you copy the lines in the my.ini and paste them into the my.ini header area (.ini created on MariaDB install), and then just delete any duplicate lines, you should be good to go.

(
for extra credit you can make a "server start.bat" file with the follow line in it:
Start ddctd_cm_yo_server.exe -worldID 1
)

Longh

Post by Longh » 21 Sep 2014, 00:44

I'm running just fine with mariadb-10.0.13-winx64..

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 21 Sep 2014, 00:48

Longh wrote:I'm running just fine with mariadb-10.0.13-winx64..

too strange, I could not get it to run at all with the 64bit v10.0.13, put 64 bit v5.5 on and bam, instant(almost) server.. been running smoothly too.

Geekdomo
Alpha Tester

Post by Geekdomo » 21 Sep 2014, 08:44

I am having same issue(s). I followed the readme to the T and was unable to get it to connect. Anyone have a very detailed guide? Sofar a friend and I have spent over 10 hours trying to get this to work. We are beyond frustrated and need a break. If anyone please has a guide to help set this up we would appreciate it.

- thanks

Return to General Discussion