The game what exactly is it?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Deathshroud
Alpha Tester

The game what exactly is it?

Post by Deathshroud » 27 Oct 2013, 19:00

I understand the game to be A hardcore medieval sandbox mmo with both pvp and crafting elements. But i noticed 2 aspects missing from discussions.

What kind of pve will be present in life is feudal and exactly how realistic will the game be..

for example will magic have any place in life is feudal? can we expect to see player mages or just npc mages if magery will feature at all? and if it does will it be uncommon or something difficult to learn?

PVE will it exist? will it just be pve you would find in our world, perhaps only animals to hunt maybe even bandits to slay. Or will there be the typical fantasy creatures commonly found in a medieval game?

Loot tables? will some items be dropped in pve, like some weapons armor etc.. or will it be all player crafted? will there be magical items?

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Re: The game what exactly is it?

Post by SaresITA89 » 27 Oct 2013, 19:20

Just read the basic information to find answers to your questions

This is a game that simulates reality, there are not magicians, the only magician is the pope.

Piety

Piety is a secondary crafting skill that is extremely unique. Only one player on an entire server can reach level 100 Piety, and that person is the Pope. The 10 next highest Piety players are ranked Cardinals, but the Pope and Cardinals can begin Pope elections. The Pope receives two voices, while Cardinals receive one. This is realistic and somewhat historically accurate, but blessings are controversial. Blessings can be used if your Piety skill level is sufficient, and grants specific benefits. Blessings could fit into both fantasy and realism. While religious organizations utilize blessings and prayers to affirm belief and strong mental attitudes, blessings in LiF grant very specific benefits such as improved luck or teleportation to your house. This could be considered either the work of an almighty or the placebo effect.

the pve will be there, but not the classic fantasy, but that hunting like in real life.

Fishing/Hunting - Used to fish, hunt and harvest ingredients from dead animals. Later levels unlock the abilities to track animals and gather alchemy ingredients from animals.

[*]Tame wild animals to convert them into domestic for futher breeding and milk/meat production
[*]Go out into wilderness to set up some snares and hunt some wild animals

Deathshroud
Alpha Tester

Post by Deathshroud » 28 Oct 2013, 05:39

so it is essentially a pvp game. I mean only hunting animals is fine but the longevity of the game will be down to its pvp combat and crafting elements.

I can see that ruining the games longevity. dont get me wrong i love pvp but its a hard thing to get right and balanced in an mmo.

mortal online is essentially just a pvp game, but it at least has rudimentary mobs to slay, when you fancy a change even if their ai is broken as hell. With just pvp i have a feeling many people will be turned away from being murdered over and over.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 28 Oct 2013, 10:57

This is realism, not fantasy. With a finite amount of resources in the game, world resource control will dictate the quality of your gear. Not hours of farming a static spawn timer mob. Or you can just PvP for your gear like a man.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 28 Oct 2013, 21:24

Deathshroud wrote:so it is essentially a pvp game. I mean only hunting animals is fine but the longevity of the game will be down to its pvp combat and crafting elements.

I can see that ruining the games longevity. dont get me wrong i love pvp but its a hard thing to get right and balanced in an mmo.

mortal online is essentially just a pvp game, but it at least has rudimentary mobs to slay, when you fancy a change even if their ai is broken as hell. With just pvp i have a feeling many people will be turned away from being murdered over and over.

If they make a pve as xsyon or Ryzom, then it will be the best pve ever.

The animals will not stand still, they will move around the map, emigrating in the seasons, or they will move to find food and water.

In short, the real hunting, the real pve, where you seek the animals, not where you look at the map and go to the place where they are always, as in all other games in the world.

if it is done as ryzon and xsyon

Deathshroud
Alpha Tester

Post by Deathshroud » 28 Oct 2013, 21:50

finalreview wrote:This is realism, not fantasy. With a finite amount of resources in the game, world resource control will dictate the quality of your gear. Not hours of farming a static spawn timer mob. Or you can just PvP for your gear like a man.

so what you are saying is they are sacrificing gameplay for the sake of realism?

Its a fine line, add to much realism and the game becomes a chore. add to little realism and it would ruin the setting. But a developer needs to know when to compromise on realism for the sake of the game. Unless of course its a digital art exercise.

i am a big fan of pvp, but 1 thing i do know about pvp is it becomes very repetitive fast. The whole system will depend on the actual value of the pvp. simply pvping to take items isnt enough. There has to be land that is worthy of fighting over and a trade system that supports survival of the fittest.
Being able to control key areas is essential in a pvp only game.

Still that will only carry a game so far.

I invested about 500 hours into m&b which is a decent amount for a deathmatch game, but that is nothing for an mmo. The features that make an mmo an mmo are important.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Oct 2013, 22:08

hey Death,
pve is not gonna be in as we are used, no caves/dungeons/ancient ruins/weird stuff filled with monsters and so on. just animals to hunt.

i'm perplex as you about this aspect but who knows, let's see how it'll be...

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 29 Oct 2013, 05:20

Static themepark pve is boring, I don't see it as sacrificing.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 29 Oct 2013, 14:23

Life is Feudal’s most defining feature is its medieval persistent open world, also referred to as a sandbox MMORPG. Life is Feudal virtual online worlds prioritise PvP, but this doesn’t mean there is no PvE at all. PvE generally features as fighting natives, inhabitants of the continent your people have colonized. The natives are based off native american indians, mostly the Mayans and Aztecs. The natives dwell in subterranean burrows and tunnel systems, and are armed with primitive equipment. They are, however, able to loot players who have perished close to them.

Dungeons

Most online MMORPG games feature instanced dungeons, but Life is Feudal’s will be open access. Meaning, all dungeons will be directly connected to the open world; watch your back when dungeon crawling, as players can and will attack you at any time. This is especially important to note in dungeons. It is highly likely that while you or your unit is fighting natives, another unit of players can attack you.

Players should always be aware of their surroundings in an online game RPG, and ready to respond. Always expect another player may attempt to gank you. In this way, LiF is an MMORPG like Ultima in terms of open world PvP, but an MMORPG like Mount and Blade for combat itself. For more info on LiF’s combat system, visit Life is Feudal the action MMO RPG No target combat and double bars.

Player Killing

When PKing in the open world, this is categorized as murder and the PKr will receive an Alignment penalty. Alignment is the value representing how benevolent or wicked a player is, and is articulated at Death and Alignment in sandbox MMO game: Life is Feudal. PvP won’t be limited to a static open world, Country vs Country battles will appear inside an instanced battleground you can read more in Massive PvP battles and sieges in Life is Feudal. But also you will be able to shape your own battle zones, tournament grounds, etc!

LiF utilizes a balanced terraforming and free building system. The subject is extended on at Best sandbox games: terraforming and free building, but suffice to say you can construct a variety of feudal age buildings. Players can make their own tournaments, arenas and battlegrounds.

In summary, remain alert when travelling through LiFs open world game, as you can be attacked at any time. Terraforming and free building enable fun PvP situations for you and friends. LiF draws inspiration from the best MMO PvP of online PvP games, with player made factions being the only factions. The world is yours, all you have to do is reach out... and take it!

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/L ... P-over-PvE

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 29 Oct 2013, 15:47

SaresITA89 wrote:Life is Feudal’s most defining feature is its medieval persistent open world, also referred to as a sandbox MMORPG. Life is Feudal virtual online worlds prioritise PvP, but this doesn’t mean there is no PvE at all. PvE generally features as fighting natives, inhabitants of the continent your people have colonized. The natives are based off native american indians, mostly the Mayans and Aztecs. The natives dwell in subterranean burrows and tunnel systems, and are armed with primitive equipment. They are, however, able to loot players who have perished close to them.

i wonder if that's still planned, i read on forums that we were getting just animals and no dungeons/caves

EDIT:

here it is
Question: There will be no PvE, that means no old fortresses with mobs or anything like that?

Answer: Yup, no dungeons, old fortresses, hidden caves and such, until you want to dig them yourself and inhabit them with your friends.

I guess we need Bobik to clear it up :D

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 29 Oct 2013, 15:57

It is still undecided and mostly depend on success of our crowdfunding campaign. If we gonna have some spare resources - we will implement native's burrows which will act like some kind of PvE dungeons.
It is not like we plan to bring massive PvE content, but just to provide another source of fun and new type of "resource" to be controlled by nearby kingdoms.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 29 Oct 2013, 15:58

Bobik wrote:It is still undecided and mostly depend on success of our crowdfunding campaign. If we gonna have some spare resources - we will implement native's burrows which will act like some kind of PvE dungeons.
It is not like we plan to bring massive PvE content, but just to provide another source of fun and new type of "resource" to be controlled by nearby kingdoms.

thanks Boss! (Bossbik?)

Nocturne

Post by Nocturne » 29 Oct 2013, 16:49

finalreview wrote:Static themepark pve is boring, I don't see it as sacrificing.

agree, static themepark pve is a real torture.

banok
Alpha Tester

Post by banok » 29 Oct 2013, 20:59

Bobik wrote:It is still undecided and mostly depend on success of our crowdfunding campaign. If we gonna have some spare resources - we will implement native's burrows which will act like some kind of PvE dungeons.

thanks for clarification. I also was confused when I read about aztecs and dungeons the other day.

personally I think i prefer not having npcs or monsters just respawning in the same place to be "farmed".

if you do add humanoid pve, I think you should make them roaming/rare and not a core aspect of the gameplay as in other mmos. its just been done too much imo.

Jhuseby

Post by Jhuseby » 01 Nov 2013, 16:07

http://lifeisfeudal.com/Life-is-Feudal-like

That gives you a great idea what the game will be about.

Also read the FAQ thread (so many great questions and answers). organized-faq-archive-t314/

Gotta say that I'm extremely excited about the prospects of this game.

Arensirb

Post by Arensirb » 24 Dec 2014, 20:13

Deathshroud wrote:so it is essentially a pvp game. I mean only hunting animals is fine but the longevity of the game will be down to its pvp combat and crafting elements.

I hope no. PVP is shit. PvE is the bomb.

This game looks awesome, but it needs to have more PvE than PVP.. (Or an opt out function for pvp)

RMM1812

Post by RMM1812 » 24 Dec 2014, 21:03

Pls dont add fantasy to this game . There r enough fantasy games out there alteady!!! If you want a fantasy game, go play skyrim!! Now dont fuck up a unique and innovative game like this!! Chemistry is already in the game!!! Chemistry used to be called magic so if changed stick to medieval realism!!!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 26 Dec 2014, 06:26

Arensirb wrote:(Or an opt out function for pvp)

Umm, no. This is a sandbox game, and sandbox games are driven by players. The entire purpose of this game involves PvP in one form or another.

So if you are that adverse to a little danger, then you are not going to be happy here.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ziong18

Post by Ziong18 » 26 Dec 2014, 07:04

If you want a full on strict PVE then make your own server, lock it and invite only those who share your interests.

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 29 Dec 2014, 10:44

Arensirb wrote:

I hope no. PVP is shit. PvE is the bomb.

This game looks awesome, but it needs to have more PvE than PVP.. (Or an opt out function for pvp)

Want massive PvE? Go play 98% of other MMO's ... WoW rings the bell? Want a non target one? - RYL, RYL2.
If you say PVP is shit then you obviously are here by mistake and you should go now. Also you'll need to learn to read, what part of : "Full loot, free PvP, assets destruction during sieges and raids, complex crafting and no target combat systems." did you not understand when looking at key features of the game? PvP is mentioned, PvE is not.

Seriously how many of you guys is there? You have your own carebear games where you can kill 10 wolfs and bring their tails to a princess and feel brave and powerful. Don't bring this shit to our playground, because we will stomp on it shove it down your throat and make you eat it.

Return to General Discussion