"the pope.." anyone?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Astapor

"the pope.." anyone?

Post by Astapor » 15 Apr 2014, 19:41

heard that there could be a player that can be the "pope" which is able to move stuff from a location to another 1 ecc.

i found an info on that on the website but cannot found it anymore :(

can you gentlemen give me the link?
wish to have more info on that role.

Arrakis

Re: "the pope.." anyone?

Post by Arrakis » 15 Apr 2014, 19:44

Pope system has not yet been implemented. It is far from completing and as for now Piety skill offers nothing more but teleportation and raising your alignment. More information about advanced functions of Piety such as Pope rank will be presented in later stages of development.

Astapor

Post by Astapor » 15 Apr 2014, 20:12

oh...sorry.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Apr 2014, 20:19

There is nothing to be sorry about :) You could have not known.

Astapor

Post by Astapor » 16 Apr 2014, 07:09

but im sure i found some quick info on the pope...on key feautes or somewhere else, cant find it anymore :shock: mind to share a link if you find it?

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 16 Apr 2014, 11:11

Astapor wrote:oh...sorry.

*Taps your shoulders with a longsword*

I now dub thee, Sir Astapor, the Apologetic.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 16 Apr 2014, 11:17

Astapor wrote:but im sure i found some quick info on the pope...on key feautes or somewhere else, cant find it anymore :shock: mind to share a link if you find it?

Piety

Piety is a secondary crafting skill that is extremely unique. Only one player on an entire server can reach level 100 Piety, and that person is the Pope. The 10 next highest Piety players are ranked Cardinals, but the Pope and Cardinals can begin Pope elections. The Pope receives two voices, while Cardinals receive one. This is realistic and somewhat historically accurate, but blessings are controversial.

Blessings can be used if your Piety skill level is sufficient, and grants specific benefits. Blessings could fit into both fantasy and realism. While religious organizations utilize blessings and prayers to affirm belief and strong mental attitudes, blessings in LiF grant very specific benefits such as improved luck or teleportation to your house. This could be considered either the work of an almighty or the placebo effect.

Cndo
Alpha Tester

Post by Cndo » 17 Apr 2014, 03:18

Looking forward to "The Pope"

Hopefully we will see a whole church ranking system really, based on piety.
Cndo - Adminstrator/Elder of Northmark Guild

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 17 Apr 2014, 10:28

OOH OOH OOH! We should be able to accuse people of being heretics or witches and burn them at the stake after a long/corrupt tribunal. :D

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 17 Apr 2014, 10:55

That would be considered RP. I hope to see things like this.

Astapor

Post by Astapor » 29 Sep 2014, 19:39

Wigster600 wrote:OOH OOH OOH! We should be able to accuse people of being heretics or witches and burn them at the stake after a long/corrupt tribunal. :D

totally in favor of it. bobik come here!! :D

Inhibited

Post by Inhibited » 22 Dec 2015, 14:15

Arrakis09 wrote:Pope system has not yet been implemented. It is far from completing and as for now Piety skill offers nothing more but teleportation and raising your alignment. More information about advanced functions of Piety such as Pope rank will be presented in later stages of development.

Any update on the pope and how it works? I recently became one and unsure how it works on LiF:YO

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 22 Dec 2015, 16:57

Inhibited wrote:
Arrakis09 wrote:Pope system has not yet been implemented. It is far from completing and as for now Piety skill offers nothing more but teleportation and raising your alignment. More information about advanced functions of Piety such as Pope rank will be presented in later stages of development.

Any update on the pope and how it works? I recently became one and unsure how it works on LiF:YO

It doesn't. Further, this functionality might not make it into the MMO on it's release. From http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq, which is a compilation of this thread http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/lif-yo-interactive-faq-t1204/

156. Wow, that didn't last long. How influential will religion be in LiF, is there a chance where one religion will dominant society like Catholic Church or Islam? and if so will there be a GM Pope or Player Pope?
--- 156) There will be only one major religion in our world and maybe just some denominations of that religion. We do have some plans about player Pope and his powers, but it's not in our plans for release period.

263. It was mentioned earlier that you didn't have any ideas yet on what the Pope's powers would be, or he would even be out on release. Any changes in this since then?
--- 263) according to our current situation there will be no Pope in the nearest future.

476) First a comment, I used to play Wurm and Darkfall and just wanna say this game is going to blow them away. Wurm's playerbase is gone anyway, but my question is you said religious powers is that going to be like wurm? Where you have to pray to your diety and then can become a priest? If thats the case then is it going to be a non combatant priest? How about enchanting as well? Sorry if this is alot of questions just curious
--- 476) TBH I have never seen Wurm religion system (I've played it for a month or so like 3-4 years ago). I never stated that our religious system will be like the Wurm's one. It will simply allow you to recall home, pray to regain your alignment, and provide some blessings before combat to avoid skill loss after death in a battle. There is a whole Pope and Holy Church system in plan, but it will be implemented way way later.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion