Tracks not visible

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

AmoNox

Tracks not visible

Post by AmoNox » 17 Dec 2014, 12:33

When using the track small animal I never see any tracks on the ground. Whether or not I get a failed notice or stat increase. I've tried it on the beach to be sure I'm not just missing them. My Hunting and Fishing skill is above 60. I don't think its patch related. I havent played with any of the video settings. Any ideas whats going on?

XeenMcKenna

Re: Tracks not visible

Post by XeenMcKenna » 17 Dec 2014, 14:14

I cannot give a definate answer. Try moving your camera around and see if you catch them. A friend of mine had this problem and he could see them with his camera directly above his head.

If you get that to work, take some screen shots and report it on Mantis.

https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Orthe

Post by Orthe » 17 Dec 2014, 15:13

I would suggest turning your grass off, and Off-Color off, you should be able to spot them with ease. Try it. Hope it fixes it.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 18 Dec 2014, 07:27

Some times the tracks do not appear immediately. Or when on a mountain side, they will sometimes appear above the ground or with a large amount of space between them. When this happens I normally begin making a circle around where I used the tracking skill at and will often time find them in short order. Then I will click on a tile they are on, but I have not stepped on yet and search again. Normally they will then spawn correctly and I can now follow them.

Also unless it was fixed, you do not receive a message anymore for no tracks in the area.

Sometime alt tab out of the game for about 5 seconds and the alt tab back into the game will cause them to appear.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

AmoNox

Post by AmoNox » 18 Dec 2014, 11:58

I'm sure i'm not just missing them, they really arn't there. I tried with the camera in every direction including straight down. I tried turning grass off. I can't find any "off-color" option but I played with the settings a bit, including anything that said 'color' in it.
I will try circling out and the alt-tab thing tonight.
If it matters, I can see my own tracks perfectly fine. I was subject to the invisible trees problem. There are no tracks with eithor track animal skill.
I guess I better figure out how to submit a real bug report.

Vamyan

Post by Vamyan » 18 Dec 2014, 12:51

Return to Newcomer Section