Unable to launch the game

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Shibe

Unable to launch the game

Post by Shibe » 17 Dec 2014, 06:31

I haven't played LiF for awhile due to the extremely low FPS back when the game was fairly new. I've decided to return, but I ran into a dilemma where I cannot run the game whatsoever.

Just as I open the program, this error message pops up:
Code: Select all
D3DERR_NOYAVAILABLE
Not available
GFXPCD3D8Device::init - CreateDevice failed!

I have tried deleting the daemon folder, and validated my game files. I have also done a fresh reinstallation to no avail. I honestly have no clue how to fix this or why it's behaving like this. Any solutions for anyone struggling with this issue as well will be very much appreciated!

---

EDIT:

After hitting retry, and then declining an offer to debug, I ended up with another message:
Code: Select all
Failed to initialize Direct3D! Make sure you have DirectX 9 installed, and are running a graphics card that supports Pixel Shader 1.1.

I have DirectX 9, but I haven't an inkling on how to tell if my card supports this "Pixel Shader 1.1" thingamjig. My computer's video card is rather outdated, and I'm in the slow, painful process of upgrading to a new computer in the future. So I'm gonna assume I need an upgrade if I want to play this game.

Vamyan

Re: Unable to launch the game

Post by Vamyan » 17 Dec 2014, 10:15

In an Administrator command prompt, run "sfc /scannow" to see if there's a problem with your windows files. If it finds a problem and can't fix it directly, try "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"

Shibe

Re: Unable to launch the game

Post by Shibe » 17 Dec 2014, 20:52

Vamyan wrote:In an Administrator command prompt, run "sfc /scannow" to see if there's a problem with your windows files. If it finds a problem and can't fix it directly, try "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"

Thank you for replying! Unfortunately, the scan had found no problems whatsoever. :oops:

--

EDIT: I found a solution where I change the resolution to what I currently work with on my computer, but no luck there.

Return to Feedback Section