Using an Existing MySQL Server

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Bigsteve

Using an Existing MySQL Server

Post by Bigsteve » 07 Feb 2015, 18:54

I have MySQL server running on a machine already.
Can u use it instead of the MariaDB, if i can what do i need to do/change in a server set-up to utilize it?

Bigsteve

Re: Using an Existing MySQL Server

Post by Bigsteve » 17 Feb 2015, 22:00

Bump..

Respectful

Post by Respectful » 22 Feb 2015, 02:56

This is something I'm wondering as well. Trying to set up a server for a community I work with and we already have mySQL, and we need to set it up remotely. Not sure how to do that though

Bigsteve

Post by Bigsteve » 22 Feb 2015, 20:07

Well have spent the last week testing this out,

MySQL was very out of date. ie v 5.0, lolz

i still have 5.0 running for my websites.

so i have installed 5.6 on a different port, set it up added a user for LiF server,
Created the DB, add privileges to the DB for the user.
then run the script for adding the data to the schema using MySQL Workbench and i got errors,
iirc all were when i executed the DB query in the creating the functions part...
So i had to copy the functions in the sql file and ran them using workbench Function creator.

after a few false starts, ie DB name errors (had to use lif_1) and mistyping User names and passwords it finally started up.

now to try and get connected........ seems to be an issue.....

Respectful

Post by Respectful » 22 Feb 2015, 21:19

If that's the case I might have a similar problem when I finally get mine running. I managed to transfer everything in mySQL with phpmyadmin but we're still not using MariaDB so I guess I'll wait and see.

Bigsteve

Post by Bigsteve » 22 Feb 2015, 21:49

Respectful wrote:If that's the case I might have a similar problem when I finally get mine running. I managed to transfer everything in mySQL with phpmyadmin but we're still not using MariaDB so I guess I'll wait and see.

Have you tried connecting to the DB with MySQL Workbench?

EDIT: i think phpmyadmin does not do functions

Bigsteve

Post by Bigsteve » 23 Feb 2015, 20:38

After some issues trying to connect to the server... i found that some of the functions and procedures did not get added to the database when the .sql file was ran in mysql workbench.
i think from memory 3 procedures and possibly a function did not get added. There may be more missing as not everything in the game has been done.
I dont know the ins and outs of how mysql workbench handles the tables, functions and procedurese if they are all in one file and if there is a option to have dealt in a errorless fashion.

So some time this week, if time permits ill post a list of functions & procedures for the players who want to use mysql as a comparison.

Return to Newcomer Section