Using terrain to the best advantage.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Orsus

Using terrain to the best advantage.

Post by Orsus » 09 Nov 2014, 06:02

Currently I am playing on a dead server, I don't mind it. Especially since the last one I was on had thieves that loved finding empty camps.

I have started experimenting to the west of the Big Mountain (which is hereby renamed Mount MF). Here I have flattened the terrain and began see at what height the next tile needs to be in order to halt a players ability to move. I will post that info once I am done.

Another experiment I have planed is can I cover a tunnel with logs to the point that dirt will stack on them but still allow an unlucky player to fall thru or if they will allow dirt to be placed on them at all.

From this players can modify the land around encampments and fortresses to channel enemy players thru the killing grounds and completely prevent or seriously hinder the movement of enemy troops and siege equipment.

One thing I love about this game is the complete amount that I can change the terrain. I figured out how to create a structure out of logs. From the roof, flooring (place these last btw), exterior and interior walls. Admittedly this is using the log exploit and the fact that one log can be placed within another log. Making a true log cabin. Very time consuming for one player to do themselves btw.

If only I could place a log vertically as well. It would open up (cosmetically at least) all new types of construction appearances, even with castles by allowing us to create methods for bringing the horsemen up and on the battlements by crafting the walkways and fighting ledges to a wider degree.

These are just a few of the things I am working on and ideas I have.

I will update this thread when I have any new ideas or finish an experiment that I mention.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Tymefor

Re: Using terrain to the best advantage.

Post by Tymefor » 09 Nov 2014, 22:43

You should try building a gatehouse at the entrance to a mine then figuring out how to stop people from getting around it. Dwarven fortress style :)

Orsus

Re: Using terrain to the best advantage.

Post by Orsus » 09 Nov 2014, 23:57

Lower the ground enough then flatten it with terraforming skills. Place walls at the mine head and a gate house in those walls.

If the mine shaft is not dug into a mountain, but down into the ground instead, it become even easier as you simply terraform the area around the mine and then place a wall on that area. You can then place a gate to restrict access to your mine/dwellings underground.

Now if only we could build on piece that we have tunnelled through it would be 10x easier to accomplish.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas