Some no official news about one of the next patch... skill trees...

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Some no official news about one of the next patch... skill trees...

Post by Sharana » 08 Apr 2016, 16:36

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:but what is saying us it's really near, Saxxon usually clean pinned topic before the release, Alex just built the last version of translations, and the forum groupe "beta tester" have been made yesterday or this morning...

so, yes, this is NEAR ! I WANT TO BELIEVE !

And who are the beta testers, shouldn't that be all who bought the game so far?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 08 Apr 2016, 16:39

over 200 000 buyers ? no :)

for the beginning, only people who participated to the indie gogo campaign, earlier in 2014, not the steam release

it will be closed with only these people, and few weeks after, the open beta will start and then, everybody who bought LiF:YO will participate :)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 08 Apr 2016, 16:48

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:over 200 000 buyers ? no :)

for the beginning, only people who participated to the indie gogo campaign, earlier in 2014, not the steam release

it will be closed with only these people, and few weeks after, the open beta will start and then, everybody who bought LiF:YO will participate :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ones who paid before the steam release are now alpha testers (yellow names_ and about 700 such testers will start on the MMO. Few weeks later everyone else who bought the game on steam will be able to join (=beta tester). So what is the beta tester group on the forum (blue names)?
Last edited by Sharana on 08 Apr 2016, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 08 Apr 2016, 16:55

no, alpha tester tested the mmo in april/may 2014, before the early access of YO on steam, it was an alpha

now, it will become a BETA, closed for a while, and then opened, but the closed beta tester are the same for the alpha...

they are just refashioning (dunno if this word exists xD) the forum group... because this is no longer an alpha test
and I believe people becoming light blue from yellow, are people that answered an email from dev team, checking if people are still alive...

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 08 Apr 2016, 17:42

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:er... it was just the old topic for the dx11 pre release in november ;)

the MMO topic we shouldn't see it, only you light blue and yellow guys

Looks like the topic on steam was only started 2 hours ago, so it might be the old instructions but it looks like they are getting prepped anyways!!!

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 08 Apr 2016, 17:52

ya... Bobik and Saxxon are just right now editing the googledoc :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:

edit: I'm downloading the beta... uh ? :o

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 08 Apr 2016, 17:58

? for real? maybe they decided they just wanted to open the mmo up to everyone? damn I hope there is an announcement soon. At work now but about to get off and have a full weekend to play....... COME ON!!!!! :Bravo: :Bravo: :beer: :friends: :angel:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 08 Apr 2016, 18:14

If you download the beta you will not be able to connect to any servers.

However, if you go back under the beta tab and opt out of the beta, you will redownload the YO GA client version, and can connect again to other servers.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Apr 2016, 13:49

Majkel86 wrote:I still don't get why crossbows are before bows! That's stupid! Bow is most simple ranged weapon. You can make it from stick and any type of rope or animal/plant string.
Bows actually require a proper training to use them effectively, while crossbows can be used even by stupid peasants. Give a farmer a bow and knight walks up and cuts his head off, give a farmer a crossbow and he kills the knight dead. So while the bow is certainly easier to craft, it's much more difficult to handle. That's why they are placed in this particular order on the skill tree and not otherwise.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 09 Apr 2016, 14:09

Mayhap. However, it would make more sense technology wise. Right now early game is just a rush for the forge and chainmail + one handed axes / maces / spears battle. If shields could be before swords and bows before crossbows, it would diversify the early battlefield much more.

Diablillo

Post by Diablillo » 09 Apr 2016, 14:26

Arrakis09 wrote:
Majkel86 wrote:I still don't get why crossbows are before bows! That's stupid! Bow is most simple ranged weapon. You can make it from stick and any type of rope or animal/plant string.
Bows actually require a proper training to use them effectively, while crossbows can be used even by stupid peasants. Give a farmer a bow and knight walks up and cuts his head off, give a farmer a crossbow and he kills the knight dead. So while the bow is certainly easier to craft, it's much more difficult to handle. That's why they are placed in this particular order on the skill tree and not otherwise.

at really a pasean cant charge a crosbow, you tried yourselve? and a kit can use a bow. this is the true.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Apr 2016, 14:54

In real life you will be far more effective when shooting from a crossbow even for the first time, since it's much more easier to handle. Take under consideration that when using a crossbow, you only need to load a bolt, aim and shoot. With bow it's a little bit more complicated. What are the odds that someone who handles a bow for the first time in his life will even be able to properly hold an arrow on the string? Not to mention actually giving it a proper thrust upon release. In case of a crossbow it's basically just pulling a trigger. Bah! You can even kill someone by accident with it. Bow is NOT a simple weapon and it takes time to learn how to use it.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 09 Apr 2016, 15:03

Are we really talking about how hard it would be to learn in real life ? xD If the game is based on that then it doesn't make sense, because you can already hold a bow and shoot it pretty effectively from level 0 which technically should represent no skill at all.

It would make more sense, as I said, to make it depending on tech advancement. Early game PvP is very important in how much fun you can have until you get more advanced components like leather and ropes.

Return to General Discussion