Villagers / Paid Help

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

HappyFanatic

Villagers / Paid Help

Post by HappyFanatic » 26 Dec 2014, 16:53

I've scanned the forum/FAQ and not seen the suggestion for villagers to carry out your duties. Whether these are picked up at a tavern, hijacked, bought, employed etc. They will of course be a burden to you but if balanced correctly will become self sufficient. Times this by many players and a whole town of "helpers" can be put to good use by a clan. Meanwhile they also become targets for others looking to expand.

Molqurie

Re: Villagers / Paid Help

Post by Molqurie » 30 Dec 2014, 00:41

thats a good idea would be good if they could lvl up over time and gain more skills thus becaming more likely to be hired away

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 31 Dec 2014, 12:37

Developers are hesistant to add NPC horses because that could put too much stress on the servers. And you would want an NPC that will walk and do chores?
I don't see it.
Also it would make gaining materials a bit too easy. A few active people can gather enough raw materials to last for a few weeks.

GingerNinja

Post by GingerNinja » 31 Dec 2014, 14:49

Sounds like a great idea for single player games! Then you'd also avoid the "Stress on server" issue, cause it's SP. But I've heard the development is purely focused on the MMO part, so we can only hope...

Daniel_Fate

Post by Daniel_Fate » 31 Dec 2014, 15:23

Do we really want a bunch of 1 dimensional NPCs running around? I kinda like the idea where it's all PC's doing daily tasks and being immersed in the game play. I am looking forward to this game breaking the standard fetch quest/daily grind mmo formula that is already out there. There are enough games that do that. With the difficulty that it takes to level up skills, and the mini games that they plan on implementing for the tasks, I don't think it is too far fetched of an idea to have PC blacksmiths, foresters, farmers, ext.

Rixie

Post by Rixie » 04 Jan 2015, 16:57

I also believe this is not a good idea. The potential strain on the server aside, I think this would kind of defeat the purpose of the game. At least for me, the most enticing thing about this game is going out and getting stuff yourself.

At the most, I would consider maybe some kind of trade system. Like an NPC who stands at a hut and you can trade him, for example, a twig for a rock. That way, if you are skill capped or just don't want to do mining, you can still get the materials you need.

Dylan

Post by Dylan » 05 Jan 2015, 15:48

I like the idea, I want to be able to hire an NPCs to help me around, I have created a SP server and would be nice to have a help around.

LazyMon

Post by LazyMon » 05 Jan 2015, 16:45

This is a must unless the devs are planning on ditching the sp aspect entirely? if thats the case you should make that clear on steam store page with flashing red sign that say THIS GAME IS MMO ONLY also removing the sp tag and stating that this game requires a internet connection.

Daniel_Fate

Post by Daniel_Fate » 07 Jan 2015, 01:16

LazyMon wrote:This is a must unless the devs are planning on ditching the sp aspect entirely? if thats the case you should make that clear on steam store page with flashing red sign that say THIS GAME IS MMO ONLY also removing the sp tag and stating that this game requires a internet connection.

You know, that actually makes a lot of sense. :good:

I could support NPC's for a single player session, just not the MMO version.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas