Visual ground texture bug fix [Beta branch]

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Visual ground texture bug fix [Beta branch]

Post by Ubaciosamse » 11 Apr 2016, 13:08

So some have been experiencing the visual ground bug in the beta branch one that has black tiles or somewhat of a checkardboard visual bug. After submiting a detailed report to Tolik he was of great help and I managed to fix it.
""
Tolik Today at 10:47
Hello Vanirs,

I've already received couple similar reports.
I will ask to completely reinstall the game. Not only delete local files from Steam but delete whole LiF folder. Do not forget to save your configs and locally created worlds.

Please reply back to me with the result. I do hope this will resolve your issue, but if not we will postpone releasing this patch to the main branch and will focus on finding and fixing the root problem.
""
So I repeat to fix it do not only go trough steam > "delete local content" you have to open your Steam folder on your pc and delete the folder "Life is Feudal Your Own" it should be located at Steam/steamapps/common.
And remember to back up any configs and locally created worlds.

Hope this helps, and don't be lazy do them both should fix it, also please leave a reply if you resolved it or even if not to see what we can do.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Re: Visual ground texture bug fix [Beta branch]

Post by Ubaciosamse » 11 Apr 2016, 13:31

""Hello,

it looks like Steam might download crashed textures pack in Atlas folder if users switch from Release to Beta branch and vice versa

Solution: remove whole LiF folder or you can try to remove all files with mask "gen_*.dds" from "/art/textures/atlas" folder and check Integrity via Steam""
Another message Tolik posted hope it helps.

Filipsss
Beta Tester

Post by Filipsss » 12 Apr 2016, 14:19

*FIXED

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 12 Apr 2016, 16:16

Doesn't seem to fix it in all cases. For me, clay is still checkered on all servers, but .. good enough ;) A friend of mine can't get it fixed at all using this method, though.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 14 Apr 2016, 10:08

Some have told me they tried it and it didnt work. But when I asked them if they deleted the complete life is feudal folder from their steam folder and not trough steam, they said they only used "delete local files".
These two things in this case are not the same.
If you cant get it to work send an email to
helpme@lifeisfeudal.com
With your dxdiag and Tolik will reply quite fast to help you solve it, it might be different for certin systems.

Return to Feedback Section