Voice Overs: "Dave" from San Diego circa 2018

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Jgm_11

Voice Overs: "Dave" from San Diego circa 2018

Post by Jgm_11 » 13 Feb 2018, 23:41

It's rather odd that the staff of LIF would invest so much time in effort into setting the medieval vibe only to totally drop the ball with voice overs.

Would it be appropriate to see the Union Jack or the American flag painted on our shields or flying from a fortress or keep in game? Of course it would NOT be appropriate.

Why then do I hear "Dave" from San Diego along with a cheesy Mario or Luigi from Italy along some other modern English voice over? These voice overs are extremely out of place and totally destroy immersion.

Invest the effort and revenue and find proper voice actors please guys! :D

Invest the cash or ask for volunteers from the community and find proper voice actors with authentic, heavy, "period" appropriate accents speaking "old world" dialects and languages.

We dont need to understand the language to understand the basic meanings of the emotes we see in game. A "wave" plus "hello" in spoken in any of the languages listed below would be understood by anyone in game.

-Nordic(Icelandic preferably since Icelandic is closer to old Norse than any of the Scandinavian languages.)
-Finnish
-Gaelic and/or Welsh
-a Slavic language
-an Asian or Mongolian dialect
-Romansh

Not only will hearing more "old world" languages being spoken be 10 times as immersive, we might even learn a few phrases in a new language!
Last edited by Jgm_11 on 17 Feb 2018, 00:01, edited 3 times in total.

Jgm_11

Re: Voice Overs: "Dave" from San Diego circa 2018

Post by Jgm_11 » 16 Feb 2018, 23:54

So everyone's totally okay with the current immersion breaking voice overs? Or are these forums just dead? :oops:

I know it's a rather minor detail, but the small details matter! Especially a detail that can be so easily rectified! :beer: No concepts or code required! Just sound files that requires a microphone, a sound guy, some lines for the voice actor to read and a voice actor that speaks the appropriate language.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 17 Feb 2018, 04:15

I voted for your suggestion in the other location already, I agree completely, I would love more variety in voices, and as you said, it could be hired voice actors, or they could even look for volunteers.

Not only would I like to hear more period specific voices as well, it would be great to have greater quantity of options to choose from as well, instead of 30 people standing around and only hearing maybe half a dozen voices between all the males and females.

JonBlacklan

Post by JonBlacklan » 17 Feb 2018, 18:41

i second this. seems that aside from finding people to do it and trying to figure out what language goes where, it would be an easy adjustment to make.

Jgm_11

Post by Jgm_11 » 21 Jul 2018, 19:25

I've been away a while. Any news on some more immersive voice overs?

Return to General Discussion