What are some tips for building city walls?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

JenniferFTW

What are some tips for building city walls?

Post by JenniferFTW » 27 Sep 2014, 18:43

Hi there. On the server that we're on, no one has really walled off a settlement yet. If we want to, what are some of the things that should be taken into consideration before starting a project like that? Can you only build walls on flat ground? Like, does it have to be flat 100% of the way around? If so, I'm not sure what we'll do. Part of our village is nestled under a hillside.

For now, we would probably just go with a palisade and be happy with that. Also, kudos to the developers for starting a project so ambitious

Snapshot

Re: What are some tips for building city walls?

Post by Snapshot » 27 Sep 2014, 19:08

You have to flatten each tile but not on the same high. We currently do it this way.

We also just started at a good looking place and then just terraformed it like we wanted to have it. Sure it will take some time but it's cool to see your wall 'growing'.

JenniferFTW

Re: What are some tips for building city walls?

Post by JenniferFTW » 28 Sep 2014, 01:19

Hi. Thanks for your reply and the information. I think we'll be able to make it if we can build the walls on ground that is at different height levels. I still wonder what we should do about the hill though. That's something that I need to take up with the other players in the village I guess. Placing the wall at the foot of the hill would probably allow archers to fire in. Placing it at the crest of the hill would protect the village, but would be pretty awkward. Encircling the hill entirely is another option, but it would take a really, really long time (the hill is big), and you could still fire at people up on the hill from outside the walls

Return to Newcomer Section