When is steam early access coming?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Dukelunar

When is steam early access coming?

Post by Dukelunar » 07 Apr 2014, 01:39

When is steam early access coming? I want to play this game as soon as possible. It looks awesome.

Thanks.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Re: When is steam early access coming?

Post by Protunia » 07 Apr 2014, 02:57

That would be several months after the Closed Alpha Starts. So I would think sometime this summer he would roll out early access through Steam. And yes it is awesome :) just the feeling you get in game the first time makes you want to play, explore, and discover. Hopefully everything works out according to the plans and Steam early access will be ready then.

If you can't wait that long and if you want to donate 50 eu you can be involved in the Pre/Closed Alpha stages of testing as they happen right now. Closed Alpha should be starting soon and pre alpha server tests have been happening weekly for a few hours.

Welcome to LiF! :beer:

OO_Zoe

Post by OO_Zoe » 07 Apr 2014, 07:08

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere a hint hint wink wink steam early access in three months or so.
immortality awaits, in Asgard's hall I'll guarantee
in the ranks of the brave, you'll have a place if you follow me

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 07 Apr 2014, 09:16

Yup, we hope to get it ready to August-September 2014.

OO_Zoe

Post by OO_Zoe » 07 Apr 2014, 16:45

I have a clan of Vikings waiting for this early access! Hurray it up ;)

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Apr 2014, 22:45

OO_Zoe wrote:I have a clan of Vikings waiting for this early access! Hurray it up ;)

So you have a clan of raiders/wonderers?

Vikings wasn't a race, or a nation, it was a thing you did, like a job. The correct way to use it is, "To go a viking".

Most Norse, Danes and Swedes were farmers, fishers, thatchers, and the like, and went a viking when their yarl (earl/lord) called on them.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 08 Apr 2014, 02:51

Hodo wrote:
OO_Zoe wrote:I have a clan of Vikings waiting for this early access! Hurray it up ;)

Vikings wasn't a race, or a nation, it was a thing you did, like a job. The correct way to use it is, "To go a viking".

Most Norse, Danes and Swedes were farmers, fishers, thatchers, and the like, and went a viking when their yarl (earl/lord) called on them.

It seems OO_Zoe is a Yarl and has called them.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 08 Apr 2014, 06:07

Hodo wrote:
OO_Zoe wrote:So you have a clan of raiders/wonderers?

That's the idea I would have gotten from it.

OO_Zoe

Post by OO_Zoe » 08 Apr 2014, 06:56

Hodo wrote:

Yes actually we are a clan from War of the Vikings so....we are going to role play as a Viking war band...minus the ship...for now...
As for myself I am working on my B.A. in History at the University of Utah. I am looking at Norse Studies programs at a couple of different Universities around the States. I am a huge Viking buff, I have Mjölnir around my neck right now, and I am working on my Fine Arts credit which is Metal Working so my final project is a Gjermundbu style helm. I have a whole book shelf full of historical books on the Vikings. I want to get into a Viking themed SCA group but Utah only has 15th century groups. That is one of the reasons I am looking at going to school in Washington State is for the Viking reenactment groups they have in the region.

When I refer to "The Vikings" I am referring to sea faring warriors and traders of Scandinavian decent between the 9th and 11th centuries. If you would like we can talk about fighting in the shield wall too!

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 08 Apr 2014, 13:38

OO_Zoe wrote:
Hodo wrote:

Yes actually we are a clan from War of the Vikings so....we are going to role play as a Viking war band...minus the ship...for now...
As for myself I am working on my B.A. in History at the University of Utah. I am looking at Norse Studies programs at a couple of different Universities around the States. I am a huge Viking buff, I have Mjölnir around my neck right now, and I am working on my Fine Arts credit which is Metal Working so my final project is a Gjermundbu style helm. I have a whole book shelf full of historical books on the Vikings. I want to get into a Viking themed SCA group but Utah only has 15th century groups. That is one of the reasons I am looking at going to school in Washington State is for the Viking reenactment groups they have in the region.

When I refer to "The Vikings" I am referring to sea faring warriors and traders of Scandinavian decent between the 9th and 11th centuries. If you would like we can talk about fighting in the shield wall too!

Awesome!

I wish you luck on the helm, I have seen two people do them well without kits premade by someone else.

Where I live on the East Coast, about 50% of the people here do Viking in one way shape or form it seems like. I mean I quit counting the number of Ragnars, Bjorns, and Freyas. And most of the people in North Carolina are of the 2nd and 3rd Crusades time period. I myself am an 12th century Almohad Berber.

Return to General Discussion