Will the MMO contain AntiCheat software?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Fishe
True Believer

Will the MMO contain AntiCheat software?

Post by Fishe » 10 Feb 2017, 18:48

Will LiF:MMO contain some sort of anti cheat program? (such as Battle-eye) I have searched the forums and found nothing on the topic. Perhaps I am a poor researcher. Please enlighten me.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Will the MMO contain AntiCheat software?

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Feb 2017, 00:53

Fishe wrote:Will LiF:MMO contain some sort of anti cheat program? (such as Battle-eye) I have searched the forums and found nothing on the topic. Perhaps I am a poor researcher. Please enlighten me.

Cheating is a preety broad term. Do you mean players adjusting client side values? Then yes. Calculations are intentionally done on the server side.

Do you mean by the use of macros for skill gain? No. There are few skills that can be raised from a place of safety, so other players will keep this in check.

Do you mean client side hacks for finding players? One was developed during the last beta and Bobik was provided a demo by the developer so that it could be prevented.

I've heard of a player who removed trees from his client so he could move around without hinderence. That was YO though, and im sure there is a mechanism for capturing such things in the MMO.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Fishe
True Believer

Post by Fishe » 11 Feb 2017, 15:04

Thank you. My main concern (and I'm sure it's not just me) for the game is not the gameplay but rather the game becoming like H1Z1 or Reign of Kings and being abandoned due to pervasive hacking both meta and client side. So I appreciate you taking the time to answer this!

Kutasjarda
Banned

Post by Kutasjarda » 12 Feb 2017, 11:46

Aimbot?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 13 Feb 2017, 12:20

Aside from the fact, that most of the elements are on the server side, which pretty much makes nearly impossible to gain an advantage via hacks/cheats, we will have some kind of detection software for the possible hacks that can be used.

Kutasjarda
Banned

Post by Kutasjarda » 13 Feb 2017, 19:58

Arrakis wrote:Aside from the fact, that most of the elements are on the server side, which pretty much makes nearly impossible to gain an advantage via hacks/cheats, we will have some kind of detection software for the possible hacks that can be used.

:beer:

Return to General Discussion