World set up to promote PvP or PvE

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
CirqueDuSolaire

World set up to promote PvP or PvE

Post by CirqueDuSolaire » 01 Oct 2014, 21:58

Title says what I'm looking for, but let me explain. So as I understand, the game is going to be massive once it comes out (21x21 kilometers). This offers a TON of possibilities with making the map tailored specifically to serve a purpose. Obviously, we don't want exactly that, because then the game would be far less player controlled. But how about making it so that the map kind of suggests that "Oh, this area is more or less a PvP area" or "Hey, welcome to the game, here's a nice PvE area you can familiarize yourself with".

Picture this. You start the game, move off of Newbie Island, and bam, you're on the world map, ready to go. The area that players are transported off of Newbie Island should be more or less an area that players can familiarize themselves with the world economy, choose their guild, create their own, start a plot of land, etc... Once the player gets rolling, they can obviously focus on bigger things like politics, player interactions, guild wars, that sort of stuff. So that should kind of be one idea for the layout of the map.

The OTHER idea for the layout is this. Starting off, you're going to want to make it so that survival isn't SUPER hard. Kind of like how the map is now, lots of apple trees, wildlife to eat, lush fertile grass to grow food on. But I was thinking this. How about on the farther edges of the map (north and south), the terrain starts changing significantly, such as in the north, there's much harsher winters and less farmland, and in the south, there's large expanses of desert and only a few patches of oasis scattered across the dunes of sand. So basically, once players get well enough equipped in the easy lands, they can move out to the hard lands and start making a name for themselves.

This whole thing started with me talking about the Crusades to my friend, so that's where I'm going with this. I fucking want to Crusade against other factions in the desert, where only the best of the best can hope to survive.

Keir

Re: World set up to promote PvP or PvE

Post by Keir » 02 Oct 2014, 07:52

thought of different climates (biomes) too... could bring the need for "factions" to meet - in different manners... you can begin a war to try to get what they have, and you can buy and sell, start cooperations etc. All is interesting.

Biomes could have bonus and malus... like - less fertile land, slower growth, but maybe more resources under the surface, animals that deliver special stuff etc.

So much possibilities for that game!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas