CONSOLE COMMANDS GOTTA GO

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Evilkhaoz30

CONSOLE COMMANDS GOTTA GO

Post by Evilkhaoz30 » 23 Mar 2018, 13:59

my clan started a month ago been getting shot from miles away for a long time we figured auto aim was the cause but now we know its some console command everyone "elite pvpers" know about but none of the new layers or telmun steam players had any idea.

lets remove fogpostfx.disable and setfov() asap

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeIsFeudal/comments/86kdhg/gamebreaking_zoom_that_needs_fixed/

DeddoTenshi

Re: CONSOLE COMMANDS GOTTA GO

Post by DeddoTenshi » 23 Mar 2018, 20:56

hi, the elite pvpers use FogPostFX.disable()
yes, i also use it why? so i have a better FPS it really does a lot. The zoom way for them is not a console, this is in a mod that does the same as the console (a mod that has been aproved)

Velius

Post by Velius » 23 Mar 2018, 21:49

Evilkhaoz30 wrote:my clan started a month ago been getting shot from miles away for a long time we figured auto aim was the cause but now we know its some console command everyone "elite pvpers" know about but none of the new layers or telmun steam players had any idea.

lets remove fogpostfx.disable and setfov() asap

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeIsFeudal/comments/86kdhg/gamebreaking_zoom_that_needs_fixed/

FoV changes the fish-eye of the game, not the zoom distance. That is a mod.

Player render distance is hard-coded into the game and cannot be increased by any means. If people are hitting you from that far away they are either using a spotter to call out their shots for them, or they are using a hack.

If you are not seeing players within the max render distance, that is not fog, that is lag or your video card.

Evilkhaoz30

Post by Evilkhaoz30 » 23 Mar 2018, 22:53

you did notice the "approved mod" had that fov slider and options removed. Also have seen devs says its bannable on discord and others say its frowned on.

You also have no clue on how it works then if your in 3rd person sure it changes the fov like any game if you go down a bit or up a bit you can see more or less around you.

BUT in first person you can type in 20 and shoot people from that far away spotting for yourself. Just watch the video on the reddit i linked.

do it yourself with the bow already out do 20 then do 75 you gotta adjust a bit when you zoom but its 100% viable to shoot people who couldnt see you back. test it before posting randomness or maybe you like the advantage it gives?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 24 Mar 2018, 02:18

We are working on the solution for the console command abuse. Disabling it completely atm won't be the best course of action, as a lot of players can often only connect with connecttogameserver and onworldcreated commands.

As for mods, we never officially approved any mods for MMO. We don't provide any support for them either. We might have given kinda a green light for using some organizers etc, but nothing more.

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 26 Mar 2018, 11:30

But arrakis, there are many solutions that can be doen fairly steadily:

could you not disable console once the game has loaded? Or during IB? As far as I see this is quite a big issue atm.

Another solution would be to at least comment out FoV completly, sniping is still happening and it is deadlier than ever and very tough to prove.

Return to General Discussion