Discussion: How do you want to live?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Reverend

Re: Discussion: How do you want to live?

Post by Reverend » 17 Nov 2013, 00:12

I kind of want to dig a hole in the mountain and live my days as a cave troll.

Outburst

Post by Outburst » 17 Nov 2013, 08:44

I wanna join a faction of many people to create a new city with big walls, farms, a castle. Everyone has there his own house. Maybe a training ground with wood-weapons to train skill or make practice matches.

It would be nice if there is a current to pay ingame goods against gold and if you live in a big city you have to pay tax.

War against other factions to loot their castle-treasure box or to get players.

Taverns to get quests about bounty to searched players. I guess I have many wishes :Yahoo!:

Blaidd
Alpha Tester

Post by Blaidd » 17 Nov 2013, 18:22

From the start I intend on getting as far away as possible to live and build up a small homestead for myself.

Once settled and prepared, I will then live as a bandit lone wolf type. Potentially starting a small group or if it goes too badly I'll be packing in my bandit ways and I'll make some friends or join another group...

IrishNorman

Post by IrishNorman » 19 Nov 2013, 15:39

I wanna join a large Kingdom/City, and spend my days as a blacksmith, metal working being a favored hobby of mine IRL :)

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 19 Nov 2013, 16:57

I would like to join some guild, but instead of living inside their city/fortress, I will live in the wilderness in small fortified encampment acting as hunter/trapper/scout for that guild.

Mighty_Chicken

Post by Mighty_Chicken » 10 Dec 2013, 02:47

Ill be making my own guild situated on a hill or near a river. Expand it into a fortified, organized, trading hub and then start vassalizing any neighboring villages who will of course accept when they see all of my well armed men behind me. :D Ill then organize roads, kingdom patrols, outposts, trade, and feasts (with LOTS of ale and wenches!!!) all the while expanding political and military strength.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 10 Dec 2013, 17:22

If I play alone I will obviously build a hermitage. If I manage to get my acquaintances to play I will play in an order. Simple.

Slytacular wrote:My Mount&Blade community holds a populated siege server [...]

I am intrigued. What is the name of your community? Is the server for native or a mod?

Cian wrote:
Slytacular wrote:I will pity the foes, rivals, and raiders that attempt to oppose my faction/guild.

Heh you should probably tone down the rhetoric before you paint a target on your foreheads.

Being good at Sieges in Mount and Blade isn't going to be the same as being good here. Mount and Blade damage and twitch is completely different.

Not to mention, asset destruction can happen in this game and in Mount and Blade it can't.

It is true that the siege mode in Native Mount and Blade: Warband lacks the persistence. But have you ever played cRPG? The battle and siege system planned for LiF reminds me a lot of Strategus.

Damage balance aside, you cannot get away from the fact that the combat systems are nearly identical with similar plethora of weapons and archetypes.

DrDerpinator

Post by DrDerpinator » 10 Dec 2013, 18:09

I love exploration and I tend to explore more than I should when playing MMOs. I think this time, I will try to find a group, train up like crazy, and then do some exploration/PvP once we have a small base and a good amount of resources. I've never really been interested in joining huge empires. I created a mercenary guild in Darkfall and got hired by bigger guilds to help out for sieges, so I may go that route again.

HamsterPants

Post by HamsterPants » 16 Dec 2013, 13:25

I'm gonna role play a traveling hero. I'll look for people to protect, and bad guys to protect them from. I wouldn't ask for money, the loot from my enemies would be payment enough.

Games like this tend to have an abundance of bandits and fighters who are pretty heartless. But I like to experiment with applying my moral principles to complex games like this in order to see how it works out (purely within the bounds of role play, nothing serious).

I have always been the lone wolf type, for better or for worse, that's just my style. I hope I can hold my own against raiders.

Grenader
Alpha Tester

Post by Grenader » 18 Dec 2013, 11:32

I would first create a small village and began to produce essentials. With a share of luck I would have found a gold mine and began to trade with other villages. Wherever possible, we would engage in a war for our teritory and place under the sun.

MangiaCadaveri

Post by MangiaCadaveri » 19 Dec 2013, 10:12

Well i will probably change my mind many times before the release, but right now i can think about this:

1- Find a group to build up a guild of merchants and thieves (yes i'm italian :D ) and so being an hybrid build or just a thief.

2- The scout, with wilderness knowlege, but for this i need to read more about skills. It will be possible to write ingame maps? Tame animals and not only Horses? Become an expert Herbalist?
If possible i will definitely give it a try.

Right now that's all, oh well there's always the tipycall warrior pk to choose!! :D

Regards!

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 21 Dec 2013, 06:29

Mangia,
You should consider abadoning in-game maps in favor of producing Out of Game maps using photoshop or paint. You could do that and create a sort of google maps interface system and make your tool pretty popular.

Another option is to get a dump file from the dev's of the actual in game map but it's hit or miss. Some Developers will release such a thing and some will not.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 21 Dec 2013, 13:51

Cian I am actually about to make such maps for my guild, you should do the same, it will be much easier to plan everything with updated map of the locations of important locations, ores, farms, enemies etc.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 21 Dec 2013, 18:55

Do you have a map file dump? All I have is the concept art map and that isn't very useful for that purpose.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 21 Dec 2013, 19:01

Well, do you need more at the moment if you can't even get in-game yet? I doubt it, you can start with the basics there before we set foot on these lands.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 21 Dec 2013, 19:29

Yeah obviously not but eventually it won't be useful for what we intend.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 01 Jan 2014, 04:04

I play with the clan Among the Shadows. We have played many games together. We are not elitists and gain new recruits in any game we join. The only condition is not being an asshole most of the time. We have competitive pvpers, dedicated crafters and everything in between. Our bases is teamwork, we have marched in formations in warband and c-rpg(strategus) we have founded cities in Darkfall and Unholy Wars. We have assaulted Sith towns in the Old Republic even though there was no mechanic to take it. And much more.

We will start an order, claim a realm and then... who knows where we will end up?

Makiol

Post by Makiol » 02 Jan 2014, 01:07

I think i will play as crafter and scout-archer exploring all the world and live as nomad...

then

...I will try to find a big group/kingdom help it growing and then i will study how to make it safe from random pvper and invaders then try to create or find a in-game group to hunt pk

but it is too early to talk

p.s. i will try to learn english and skill it :P so not just italians allies
A cookie, a cookie, my kingdom for a cookie!!! cit. Richard III

MiguelSnake
Alpha Tester

Post by MiguelSnake » 14 Jan 2014, 08:30

I guess i will try to make a village with my guild, and each one of us will specialize in one crafting and one combat skills.
I want to rise my religious skill a lot, and if my mates get tired of the game and/or they doesnt like it, i will try to find Cian and join his religious cause, his speech was very convincing, and his reasons seems noble. :angel:

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 14 Jan 2014, 14:07

First i need to test the game, maybe its too hard to live by yourself and you would grow very slowly.

If i can i will be a lone wolf in the start, improving in combat but mainly im going to research the best way to make money. I mean, the best profession to give me profits xD

In the long shot you can bet that im going to be part of a guild, a good and strong one :P

Damlet
Alpha Tester

Post by Damlet » 14 Jan 2014, 17:25

Hi, first i´ll try to get a guild and i prefer PvE, for that, i´ll get all things my mates needs, like armors, weapons... build, found all my guild need.

Only they must protect me, but i think i can be a good fight if they need me... them... :D

Good luck and let play it soon!!

Nelt

Post by Nelt » 17 Jan 2014, 18:12

I might try something like merchants village - gather some pepole to make that, gather resources and then sell them to other communities.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 17 Jan 2014, 23:21

Proximo wrote:I play with the clan Among the Shadows. We have played many games together. We are not elitists and gain new recruits in any game we join. The only condition is not being an asshole most of the time. We have competitive pvpers, dedicated crafters and everything in between. Our bases is teamwork, we have marched in formations in warband and c-rpg(strategus) we have founded cities in Darkfall and Unholy Wars. We have assaulted Sith towns in the Old Republic even though there was no mechanic to take it. And much more.

We will start an order, claim a realm and then... who knows where we will end up?

Ahhh, vindication. ATS was one those that gave so much shit to Hyperion for using formations. Only fitting that it's part of the SOPs nowadays :D

Silver Sun Republic and MilitaryGamers.com operates similarly so it'll be great to play in the game with other groups with that type of mindset.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 18 Jan 2014, 00:45

Krevente wrote:
Proximo wrote:I play with the clan Among the Shadows. We have played many games together. We are not elitists and gain new recruits in any game we join. The only condition is not being an asshole most of the time. We have competitive pvpers, dedicated crafters and everything in between. Our bases is teamwork, we have marched in formations in warband and c-rpg(strategus) we have founded cities in Darkfall and Unholy Wars. We have assaulted Sith towns in the Old Republic even though there was no mechanic to take it. And much more.

Ahhh, vindication. ATS was one those that gave so much shit to Hyperion for using formations. Only fitting that it's part of the SOPs nowadays :D

Silver Sun Republic and MilitaryGamers.com operates similarly so it'll be great to play in the game with other groups with that type of mindset.

Haha vindication. Everything changes over time and ATS is no exception. There are many reasons for change not the least of all game mechanics. No better game than warband exists for the shieldwall. I greatly look forward to seeing the SSR in action. Do not be discouraged if your tactics do not work right away, experience is the best teacher after all and we have much of it.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 18 Jan 2014, 01:16

It's okay. I'll accept the title of visionary :)

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 18 Jan 2014, 11:35

interesting, i was in a lot of game in the last 10 years and never formed part of a community like yours proximo. I like more to play alone xD

Is hard to find a clan based in partnership and sharing for the common good of the guild. Thats why i allways end playing alone as a mercenary in high levels in mmorpg xd

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 18 Jan 2014, 12:24

Yea, it is hard to find a clan based on partnership so we have started our own a while ago. Though I must say that it takes a lot of time to know the new members better and unfortunately we have to say goodbuy to some of them after the trial period.
And some games are just not made for hermits. Like H&H or LiF. I keep saying that hermits will be farmed by alliances here.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 18 Jan 2014, 14:55

I think i'll be a colonist and start my own kindgom : get a shovel, wood, friends and start our very first city !

But that depends : do you know if there will be hireable NPC merchants / guards / peasant ? Because I don't think I got enough friends for such a project without NPCs x)

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 18 Jan 2014, 15:43

The key to this game is going to be the Realm and Order system in my mind. If you want to maintain your group of friends, but don't have the ability to protect your stuff on your own then you're going to have to join a Realm.

Silver Sun Republic was designed from the ground up for this system. We have a "sub-guild" arrangement that allows individual, smaller groups to work into our structure maintaining their own guild tags and leadership, but subordinate to our Constitution. These groups are still allowed to send delegates to our Senate to participate in the overall decision making process. It functions like an actual Republic with a tiered federal system.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 18 Jan 2014, 21:22

He-man wrote:interesting, i was in a lot of game in the last 10 years and never formed part of a community like yours proximo. I like more to play alone xD

Is hard to find a clan based in partnership and sharing for the common good of the guild. Thats why i allways end playing alone as a mercenary in high levels in mmorpg xd

Above all else we are a community of gamers that get along. Many lone wolves have joined us and added there strength to the pack. We have skilled PvPers and we have newbies who still get the adrenaline shakes in a fight. No matter a person's personal skill level they add there strengths to ours.

We play for fun, we just happen to achieve great things. Joining the community is as simple as getting in our ventrilo (Soon to be Teamspeak) and playing games with us. You'll become a member if you enjoy your time with us.

Return to General Discussion