Introducing the Jesters (500+ active community)

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!

Powerpuffters

Introducing the Jesters (500+ active community)

Post by Powerpuffters » 06 Sep 2014, 10:30

Hello, my name is Powerpuffters, leader of the Jesters gaming community. Firstly, a bit about me. I've got a quite a lot of experience leading the Jesters in different games and I'm very interested in LIF right now. At the moment you can find me regularly leading platoons of players in Planetside 2- I play on the Cobalt server as the NC. I'm also joint-leader of the NC faction Alliance on the Cobalt server- occasionally leading hundreds of players on our sunday night operations.

I'm still quite new to LIF, but from what I understand that this game is sandbox and openworld, that the players create their own story- and the Jesters love to create a good story and impact gaming worlds in general.

The comradeship and hilarity within the Jesters teamspeak is second to none and you will not find a nicer bunch of guys- you are all welcome to join us on our forums . I've also created a forum post here if you want additional information.

Unfortunately, most players outside of our community have a bad impression of us, Jesters are often viewed as despicable and a bunch of griefers- which is only half true. The whole truth- is that more often than not, we enjoy being the baddies in games. We pick on the little guy, we have no rules or morals and everyone who isn't a Jester or an ally is killed on sight- regardless of their skill/ experience. We genuinely have no morals or conscience in games- which is why this game appeals to us. The ability of being able to raid/farm individual players and benefit as a whole on an organisation level appeals to us. The fact that you can essentially bully the little guy- who cannot defend himself make us really excited. Don't get me wrong- If you are interested in finding friends and being a part of a tightly-knit community that is active and has great fun, look no further.

The Jesters have played games with each other for years, and all of our members benefit from being a part of a fair and equal community. I know that in many games, they are plagued with white knights (excuse the pun)- but for those dark knights amongst you, the pvp's and hunters, feel free to drop us a line at any time.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Powerpuffters

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Introducing the Jesters (500+ active community)

Post by Siegbert » 06 Sep 2014, 10:48

Well, I hope you don't go by your usual play style while the game is in pre-alpha :crazy:

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 15 Sep 2014, 08:45

Not sure how a group like this would do in lif. Since you have to rely a lot on others to get things done. A gang of ruffians doesn't seem like itd hold up all that well but I am interested to see just how bandit gangs will play out and what the established villages will do about them.
Lif Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/the_reginald

Better to be a virtual king than a real life scrub.

KaosReigns

Post by KaosReigns » 17 Sep 2014, 13:27

The_Reginald wrote:Not sure how a group like this would do in lif. Since you have to rely a lot on others to get things done. A gang of ruffians doesn't seem like itd hold up all that well but I am interested to see just how bandit gangs will play out and what the established villages will do about them.

Totally depends how they hold themselves up.

Killing a player = Red named forever, mass skill drop for everydeath, makes it INSANLY hard to play.

Knocking players out = Robbing, no need to do a final killing strike, just knock ppl out and take their things.

So, if what the OP is saying holds, it would be more like being waylayed. Highwaymen style is what comes to mind after reading his post. Which IS doable, again, just dont KILL the people, only rob them.

There is actually a quote in the game loading about "Real thugs dont need to kill, they just knock you out and rob you" Not exact, but along those lines.

Hope this small info helps you out.
It takes many nails to make a crib, yet just one screw can fill it.

Hawks
Alpha Tester

Post by Hawks » 17 Sep 2014, 13:32

KaosReigns wrote:
The_Reginald wrote:
There is actually a quote in the game loading about "Real thugs dont need to kill, they just knock you out and rob you" Not exact, but along those lines.

Makes perfect sense, you gain a lot my robbing and letting them go just to rob them again at a later time.

http://www.silversunrepublic.com
The Originators of Practical Roleplay

Klaven

Post by Klaven » 27 Sep 2014, 21:05

Even robbing and simply knocking a person out has an alignment penalty though, doesn't it? If you only regain 1 alignment per day, then you can only rob someone once every 5 days at most (Assault -2; Looting -3; assuming that they yielded to you) without losing overall alignment. Though this is simply from the wiki and not personal experience playing the game, so it might be incorrect.

Vem

Post by Vem » 06 Oct 2014, 05:29

How many members do you guys have so far?

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics