It wasn't me.....

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sensei
Alpha Tester

It wasn't me.....

Post by Sensei » 11 Feb 2014, 11:28

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Re: It wasn't me.....

Post by LordWiese » 11 Feb 2014, 11:53

I'd put a land claim on it that this games population will be heavily impacted by Warband, and Wurm players like no others.

Wurm will always be in my heart, I had many a good time in her world, but it's time for modernization. Thanks Devs! :beer:

PrimusPalus
Alpha Tester

Post by PrimusPalus » 12 Feb 2014, 11:09

A lot of misinformation and nonsense being thrown around that thread. This game doesn't remind me of Wurm... even if the developers here have mentioned it.

Having played Wurm... I am/was not impressed. The quality is VERY lacking and is just not that exciting. I had certain glitches that nearly broke the desire to even play the game.

I love LiF's thoughts on resources being used and disappearing. Just like real life. With over 2 million trees in the game right now... I'm sure that's enough to do a LOT. But, at the same time... you'll learn to do what you can to keep as much as you can. To enjoy that one piece of wood. Where in Wurm I was throwing logs down left and right.

Anyway... the video comparison to Wurm already is outstanding. Much better if you ask me. That of course remains to be proven... but I am much more excited about this game, than I would be of Wurm.
Captain J. Shields
Commanding Officer
24th Marine Expeditionary Unit

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius » 12 Feb 2014, 17:35

LordWiese wrote:Wurm will always be in my heart, I had many a good time in her world, but it's time for modernization. Thanks Devs! :beer:

I played Wurm 5 years ago for the first time, and I went on and on, it was so immersive and cool anyway without animations and good models. But LiF takes just a part of Wurm in it :P and upgrade it to a next level where there's a good combat system, and it seems a good resource and land claim system that will create struggles between kingdoms :P

PrimusPalus wrote:A lot of misinformation and nonsense being thrown around that thread. This game doesn't remind me of Wurm... even if the developers here have mentioned it.

Having played Wurm... I am/was not impressed. The quality is VERY lacking and is just not that exciting. I had certain glitches that nearly broke the desire to even play the game.

I love LiF's thoughts on resources being used and disappearing. Just like real life. With over 2 million trees in the game right now... I'm sure that's enough to do a LOT. But, at the same time... you'll learn to do what you can to keep as much as you can. To enjoy that one piece of wood. Where in Wurm I was throwing logs down left and right.

Anyway... the video comparison to Wurm already is outstanding. Much better if you ask me. That of course remains to be proven... but I am much more excited about this game, than I would be of Wurm.

Wurm is a thing, Life is Feudal is another, I agree with you :) they just don't know LIF, and all the games it's using for features like ultima, and mount and blade. Wurm lacks of a good war system, that's why I think people will leave Wurm for Life is Feudal when it comes out ;) and Wurm will probably collapse on itself like a mine tile :P

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 14 Feb 2014, 08:11

That thread is garnering some attention, hopefuls, naysayers, and elitist posters loyal to Wurm hurling their wise judgment about LiF too early without reading about the game first. I see what you did there.

I loved Wurm, but I agree with Demetrius that some naysayers cling to the past a little too hard.

EDIT: I actually laughed my fool head off when someone suggested that Wurm developer should sue LiF.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 14 Feb 2014, 11:19

Wurm players seem to live in a bubble... I only heard of the game by chance und was very unimpressed by what I saw. LiF shouldn't even appeal to it.

Sensei
Alpha Tester

Post by Sensei » 14 Feb 2014, 11:44

It's quite amusing to watch ill-informed mutual negativity from some in both forums - about stuff it's obvious neither side has a good grasp of.

Personally I'm expecting some similarities, and some major differences. Quite what that will be like I have no real idea until Alpha starts and we can actually start to see what is real, and what isn't.

It's probably wisest not to say too much at this point - in case you look like a complete idiot later! ;)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 14 Feb 2014, 14:55

I'm not ill informed. I'm completely uninformed ^^
I'm only stating my astonishment when I see a community of a game that hardly anybody had heard of and that looks like a bad joke from the late 90s only judging by the visuals looking down on other games that are still early in development.

Sensei
Alpha Tester

Post by Sensei » 14 Feb 2014, 15:03

It isn't the community - it's some individuals, just like here.

Quite a number of Wurm players are joining here...hardly the actions of people "looking down" on anything.

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 17 Feb 2014, 08:52

One of us. One of us. :) there are more wurm players here than anyone knows. Shhhh.
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

Return to General Discussion