Looking forward to the alpha.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sephiroth

Looking forward to the alpha.

Post by Sephiroth » 08 Feb 2014, 20:49

I'm donating some $$$ tonight once I get back home from work, so I'm excited for the alpha :) I understand the game is in development but I was always told to vote with your cash and I really appreciate the direction this game is headed. You have my vote!

Unfortunately I am in NA, so my ping will be around 130ms, but I figure you'll have a few players from there anyway so it will be good for testing at least.

I had a few questions I've not seen answered yet (still reading though).

1) In Wurm online, you can not dig tunnels on top of other tunnels or it makes a giant hole. In this game, will I be able to dig tunnels that are deep and others on top of those that are shallow?

2) You mentioned you will have skill loss if you die. I hate this in wurm, but it's difficult to gain skill in that game. I think that system will work in this game since it sounds like it's not so much of a chore to gain the skill back. I'm worried about griefing though. What rules will you have in place to prevent someone from camping my respawn point and killing me till I lose all my skills? Also, what skills will lower? Is it random or can I select what skill points to remove when I die?

3) I heard the alpha could be as early as 2 weeks from now. I'm going to consider myself a beta tester, so what systems should I focus on testing and providing feedback on?

4) Also, my account "Ishamael" is not activating (got no email even after requesting password change). I sent an email in about it, but I figured I would throw it in here as well.

Cheers,
Ishamael

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Re: Looking forward to the alpha.

Post by Telakh » 09 Feb 2014, 04:08

0. Take some time to read FAQ. You will learn a lot about our wonderful project. ;)

1. You can dig tunnels above other tunnels. There must be at least 1 meter between them. Max depth equals sea level.

2. You loose from 1 to 600 skill points upon death, depending on your karma. If you are saint, you will barely loose anything =)
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Worldsprayer
Alpha Tester

Post by Worldsprayer » 09 Feb 2014, 04:27

I am slightly confused by the reply actually.
I'm sure that I had read that you could intersect tunnels in one of the FAQs...has that changed?
And if you have to have 1m space between tunnels, how does digging up or down from a tunnel work? This implies a level of ownership over tunnels which I thought was not the case.
Service is Glory
Death in Service
Death is Glory

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 09 Feb 2014, 07:46

You can intersect tunnells in any other way, but intersecting them directly one above another.
For instance you can intersect them via neighboring columns or in any way of horizontal intersection. It is really hard to explain with just words really :%)

Cloud
Alpha Tester

Post by Cloud » 09 Feb 2014, 14:42

Bobik wrote:You can intersect tunnells in any other way, but intersecting them directly one above another.
For instance you can intersect them via neighboring columns or in any way of horizontal intersection. It is really hard to explain with just words really :%)

Could you make an underground tunnel system linking with all your friends? :O

Return to General Discussion