Make JH great again (Avalon) (Poll)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Should JH be reverted back into it's original state (Overlooking town claim) in Avalon?

Yes, enable JH on townclaims on the same schedule it is now
55%
Yes, but enable JH once/twice per week
14%
No, i do not think that is needed
19%
I am not in Avalon/I do not care
12%

Total votes : 42

Agathius

Make JH great again (Avalon) (Poll)

Post by Agathius » 04 Jun 2018, 08:31

Recently we heard about what May patch will have. We read NPC's, Combat Arena, Natives, and much else... But we have not seen one thing solved: Endgame. Now what is EndGame? Endgame is PvP.

Why is it a problem?

In YO, endgame Curse was unavoidable. See, YO servers solved this by Wiping, or by the good old 64/64 Cancer JH that we had. Back then, JH was short of bad if too often as claims were between each other. However, how would this work in an MMO where enemies are far and destroying enemies is actually hard? Well, can easily say destroying a claim would take a long time and would bring a lot of content for which people would actually logg on.

End Game troubles LiF ever since CBT. By the time clans got their walls up and got comfy behind the walls, inactivity magically started appearing and ended up in what we know as dead CBT with 80 people online. This is happening in OBT now too as many can testify, and it NEEDS to change. Game is so oriented into PvP and sandbox that it needs to have it. And why not? When we can avoid offline raiding by JH at peak?

At this moment, you need to spamm IB's, devour resources for one ALT claim of the enemy. This, by my opinion, along with the other imbalances that come from the non existant feudal system that would exist if JH was there -I am sorry to say and i am almost ashamed to need to state this, but AVALON IS A PVP SERVER. You want to keep people in Avalon according to their orientation and make other srv's 'safe'? Then make Avalon a place people wouldn't leave because they got destroyed (You know, because to do to the same to their enemy they need WEEKS...). People need to rebuild and experience beggining phase of claim to keep up a guild running and recruits having something to do :D

My suggestion is to put an end to the boredom, enable Player Based wipes like the Core mechanics force you to and enable JH in Avalon in it's current schedule or 3 times per week at least. Why? Because it is PvP, Current mechanics of overproduction force it and people would actually PLAY, as you aim to an audience that wants a 'hardcore, sandbox medieval game'.

This is a very real flaw of the game that should be fixed.
Avalon needs to be PvP!
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Fearless
Zealous Believer

Re: Make JH great again (Avalon) (Poll)

Post by Fearless » 04 Jun 2018, 08:56

Should be able to attack / loot town claims during JH since avalon is meant to be the "PVP server".

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 04 Jun 2018, 13:42

Make Town Claim attackable during JH but limit it a little bit. You can attack:

* Walls
* Any movable object (including containers)
* Trees
* Crops
* Terraforming

This would solve the problem of everyone making multiple guilds and just hiding literally everything in town claim.

True economic warfare would be possible.

I think even for Avalon, it would be too much to allow 100% destruction during JH, though. Anyone would quit if literally 1 hour let them get overrun and have their keep and big 3 story houses destroyed because they got zerged literally 1 time.

But I do think you should be able to destroy anything not hidden inside a building and get at all their crops and trees.

I might be willing to say that town claims should be 100% vulnerable if their monument is inside your influence line, though, without having to take them down to T1 first. I think the current influence mechanics are okay -- you can see it coming -- but having to IB someone down to T1 first is often ridiculous and means the attacking claim costs more than the defending one.

Birdy
True Believer

Post by Birdy » 05 Jun 2018, 00:18

- I want JH Only Friday,Saturday,Sunday. Cause people have job in weekdays. I want that people can destroy a town claim totally in JH like realm claim today. Give people something too fight for in avalon. Then people would bleed for their town and fight at best.

- My opinion Bobik should aim for disable IBs and only have open world. I heard it before the cause of lagg etc but i really wish this is something that can be improved over time :P . IBs is fun but i dont get the same feeling when its not the real world. The Vibe is bigger in open world cause then you can play smart and have alot of options.

- There should also bring in some rules in Avalon. You have people who is abusing placing a totem on their own claim for avoiding getting attacked. This should be punished hard in my opinion.

General Rules is important but not too much.

- We should have rules of respect soo much shit talking about eachother and blameing them for this and that. Cmon is a small gaming community and rare one too find on the web we should be more respective

- No Game breaking abuse like i told about Totem for example or Piking tru walls or Glitching tru walls etc. Again we are an small community we should be better at this

- We need too work togheter too bring the game futher.
Some guilds chase away and kills new players because they settle close too the big hardcore old guilds and scare them away from the game. Why not embrace them and help them out? Tell them how stuff work is very advanced game.

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 05 Jun 2018, 23:36

I actually think they should just say that stabbing through walls is okay.

I assume they can't fix it.

If they can't fix it then everyone will do it.

We can't just keep sending in endless reports of being stabbed through walls while not returning the favor because we're afraid they'll report us before we report them.

Fix it or legalize it, I say.

Return to General Discussion