Please address the lag!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Re: Please address the lag!

Post by Cosimo » 23 Jan 2018, 08:32

What I may recommend is for a developer then to come around 21:00 CET into any server with a large amount of people, or even better ride from a low population server to a high population server whylst in the middle of a PVP battle, lag there is most intense, you can then tail the logs and grep what you need from it. Be it memory leaks, unworking indexes, null pointer exception etc etc, they will be able to get all the proof they need. Lag is real. Whenever there are 20 vs 20 at 21:00 it comes crashing down.

Switchkin

Post by Switchkin » 23 Jan 2018, 14:03

Arrakis wrote:
Amclaughlin01 wrote:What I don't understand is why they need us to keep sending them logs/pictures/information??? Why don't the devs just log on and see for themselves?? Are they on some hiatus or only work part time?? I can't believe they are not seeing the same things as the rest of us... And if they're not, have them login from home and see.

There are things logged on the server side, and there are things logged on the client side. Logs are not stored on your hard drive for decoration. We need to read the 'client perspective' in many - if not most - cases aside from perspective of server logs. We need to see what exactly is happening on the client side to pinpoint the source of the issue. Nagivating is always easier if you can see the landmarks ;)

Also, comparing hundreds of thousands of lines of code, variables etc with a car is... well, comparing hundreds of thousands of lines of code, variables etc with a car.

I can see you needing logs from the client when it is an isolated issue but when the entire NA buyan server has terrain lag and you ask everyone for their logs thats just dumb. It's not a client issue at that point if the same thing is happening to everyone on NA buyan.

I will give you guys credit though, last night was the first lag free day I've had on Buyan in about 2 weeks so you did something right.

Dagorath

Post by Dagorath » 23 Jan 2018, 17:35

Yes ! Yesterday after work I played with No "Terrain Lag" at all, it was working just fine.

Something was fixed and I hope it stays like that.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 23 Jan 2018, 17:44

Dagorath wrote:Yes ! Yesterday after work I played with No "Terrain Lag" at all, it was working just fine.

Something was fixed and I hope it stays like that.

Same here, I was able to do things without waiting 5 minutes between felling a tree and moving the log.

Now they need to work on IB and Sieges, because to be quite frank, I have been bored lately, all of the usual targets have started to quit playing too... (Chinese)
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 23 Jan 2018, 18:21

Our 100 man guild dropped to about 5-10 active players because of lag and boredom. I can't remember playing another MMO that had such a major drop off after only 2 months.

Return to General Discussion