The story of friends who became enemies ...

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!
Rikkarth

The story of friends who became enemies ...

Post by Rikkarth » 28 Jun 2017, 06:22

The story I'm about to tell is not actually going to be only told by me, but most probably by the people who were involved in it.

This is the story of how two Guilds were born, and are today what we all know.

I don't know the full story, but I will show you what I have, I'm sure the people in question will also provide their own facts about this story, and together we might end up yelling at each other or actually have a story to tell.

13 February 2015

The first House Dagfinn post is created by Earl, founder of the guild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I start looking for more and I see Mido (nowadays King of Vanirs) recruiting for House Dagfinn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At this point they were part of a Kingdom called Kingdom of Westeros and for what I understand they were playing in the server Commonwealth.

12 June 2015

House Dagfinn merges with a clan Jomsvikings, I don't know in which conditions this merge was celebrated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

04 August 2015

Mido announces that House Dagfinn is renamed to Vanirs Krigsman, probably a product of the merge with the Jomsvikings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

19 August 2015

The first Vanirs Krigsman recruitment post is created.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I know

At this point they were all playing at a server called synegaming, and I know this is where something happened - something that later led Boz Dagfinn (still Lord of House Dagfinn) to split from the Vanirs and reform House Dagfinn.

Both guilds started once again, this time in a new server - a server called Slaughter House, known by many of the old school players, the same server where I've come to meet them.

When I first joined House Dagfinn I was told we were allies with the Vanirs Krigsman, but at some point and really soon after I joined we became enemies for reasons yet unknown.

A culture of hate began to be nourished by both sides, through out all the battles and fights we've had against each other, sometimes even without any real purpose.

Because of that, nowadays you will see a new Vanir member and a new Dagfinn member hating each other, not even understanding why:

The Dagfinn never met the Vanir he never fought a Vanir in his entire life, he never even saw a Vanir in-game, the Vanir never met the Dagfinn, he never fought a Dagfinn in his entire life, he never even saw a Dagfinn in-game, yet ... they hate each other.

Today

A group of friends that has joined forces together in the past, is nowadays splited.

House Dagfinn in DAC - Vanirs Krigsman in BP

The story of friends who became enemies.

-------------------------------------------

Last words: Don't take things personally this is just one version of the facts and in this case my version, and this are the facts I searched for and the ones I experienced.

I also felt the need to make this thread because I think this two guilds were responsible of making what Life is Feudal and it's community is today, both are part of its history and the impact they've made should be recorded here on this forum, set in stone.

Even if House Dagfinn and Vanirs Krigsman are enemies in-game it doesn't mean we are out of it. In fact I still have many people I talk with in the Vanirs.

With this said I will call out some names to contribute to this thread:
@Mido
@Dragmar
@Boz Dagfinn
@Earl Dagfinn
@Gasten

But if you'r not in this list and you've been there, feel free to let us know where you were when this all began.

Rikkarth

Re: The story of friends who became enemies ...

Post by Rikkarth » 28 Jun 2017, 11:41

**UPDATE by Boz Dagfinn leader of House Dagfinn**:

Harald Dagfinn is the original founder. With Froxin Dagfinn. I then joined shortly after. A month or past we got new recruits then we recruited two Greeks mido and paparia... lots of fun was had falling through the fall regularly and tatsing paparia's burnt pizza, other well known names came later I.e. UBA.

Myself and Harald (earl dagfinn) took a break from the game. When I returned Mido had grown and merged the guild, which was now called Vanirs. After a short time back couldn't find my place in Vanirs so after a chat with Mido I decided to reform House Dagfinn as a vassal of Vanirs. This was going OK until Slaughter House server. Due to lack of communication we settled far away from Vanirs claim and fighting caused us to drift apart.. we found new allies in Hellraisers which were later to be known as Vinterskorn. At this point the plan was most of the guilds on that hardcore pvp server were to form a coalition on the MMO. By the end, it was the opposite. House Dagfinn and Vinterskorn formed the origin of what is now known as Kingdom of Vangaria.
Last edited by Rikkarth on 28 Jun 2017, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 28 Jun 2017, 11:53

hey great post and mostly true. Best line you had is don't take the game personally. I think its fantastic that all the guilds that make up the core pvp groups in the game have such a close and intermingled history. It makes sense since many groups want to fight each other for personal or game reasons. But I think its an important message were all just people playing a game hoping to have fun. I've been with Vanirs and Mido since we were called Dagfinns and there were only 4 of us left. We merged with Asgard (led by Peo) which really made our new merged guild come alive. Its been a fun ride ever since. I hope all of you have as much fun in this game as I have. I've been lucky to meet some really great people in and out of my own guild.

Greatmido
Beta Tester

Post by Greatmido » 28 Jun 2017, 18:41

this is history of 2 mmo groups and ill post to correct few things that are not accurate,

i took dagfinns leadership after boz and harold quited and i got left with a 4-5 man group. then i started recruiting some more guys gasten,uba and some others who are not active atm.
the group was still small so we merged as gasten said with asgard .
the group renamed to jomsvikings and played in one server(commonwealth) with that name where we had alot of pvp fun , after that server we turned the group to an mmo focused group and got renamed again to vanirs krigsmen.
as boz said he joined later on and after not very much time he wanted to make his own group again and become a vassal to vanirs.i agreed and dagfinns recreated.
when boz created the new group he asked for help from one of our new recruits which i dont remember the name atm, the new carpenter helped him in his base and after few days he got recruited by boz for dagfinns.
i didnt like it but i said eh what ever.
when we played in an other server that i was gm and i organised some arena tournaments and vinterskorns,dagfins,arkona and if i remember masons joined the tournament. we where still "mmo allies" with dagfinn and vinter.
at the tournament one arkona steped like 2-3 metters away of the arena and booooooom people got angry and upset, not very cool things got said for the russians i said its ok it wasnt that much of a problem and people have to calm, they said that the russians always messing in the tournaments by either looting or breaking the rules .
i didnt wanted to ban em from the events and then i got told alot of things and that i favour the russians etc etc.
after that we broke the mmo future plans with dagfinns and vinterskorn. well and after that no matter what happens someone gets angry and things goin wild.
all tho this is an mmo and every group need to have rival groups , what we need is the open wave to start and enjoy the game.

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 24 Jul 2017, 09:18

Whats that? Mido tries to lure DAC into his hands with his...?

Chuto
Beta Tester

Post by Chuto » 24 Jul 2017, 14:19

I dont think so. But you already did. :shock:

Zohann

Post by Zohann » 25 Jul 2017, 07:35

Chuto wrote:I dont think so. But you already did. :shock:

Hardly we did anything. Your slave king was too ambitious and aggressive in trying to subdue DAC into his blood packs slave empire. :pardon: He and his satraps did everything to turn DAC against themselves. So, enjoy the fruits! 8-)

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 04 Aug 2017, 16:18

Zohann wrote:Whats that? Mido tries to lure DAC into his hands with his...?

If that is what you got from Midos message, i think you must have read a different post from what mido wrote.... but please, lets not turn this forum into a ragefest.

i very much like the history posts, so we can give different members more knowledge of where they came from, so thank you Rikkarth!
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 10 Aug 2017, 22:54

Zohan that's some impressive Role play. Were not really a Role play guild like the Masons so you will have to excuse my ignorance. Is the Blood Pact a slave empire, Western Alliance or a satrap because those are all very different things. I can let you know BP make the worst slaves. Half price slave sale!! take all you want!! Id Like to start with Nomeatloaf. bidding will start at 10 cookies.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 11 Aug 2017, 13:18

Gastenns wrote: Id Like to start with Nomeatloaf. bidding will start at 10 cookies.

Everyone knows i'm not worth even 1 cookie
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics