[NA] To All Sovereign States From the Kingdom of Hyperion

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!
Krevente
Alpha Tester

[NA] To All Sovereign States From the Kingdom of Hyperion

Post by Krevente » 20 Oct 2017, 14:03

Greetings to those who are rational of mind and free in their thoughts,

I am Bernardo dei Medici, Lord Chancellor of the Kingdom of Hyperion. I come bearing good faith and extend to you all the opportunity to be met, considered and recognized as sovereign states exercising the rights to fair trade, security and the common courtesy of open diplomacy.

I speak with the authority of His Majesty, King Manus Dei, Sovereign of the Kingdom of Hyperion, our House of Lords, House of Commons and the several Shires who have pledged their loyalty to our celebrated and historied nation under the Carta Solis, constitution of our Monarchy.

Know that all who dwell within Abella shall be afforded the recognition deserving of those who declare their sovereignty and act with the intent of establishing transparent, fair and legal treaties, pacts, agreements and those instruments of power. Know also that Hyperion will seek to establish a balanced strategy that ensures its perpetual existence as a sovereign and independent state.

Hyperion as a Kingdom has always acted as a rational and fair partner to all, including those who come into conflict with our national objectives. We have supported regional conflicts and defended the weak against the strong to achieve balance. Hyperion's national objectives do not call for conquest; we do not maintain a first strike doctrine, but we will also not be victims and allow our citizens to be victims as we are bound to our vassals from the highest to the lowest among us through our feudal obligations and oaths of fealty.

Know too that you all may benefit from the rational choices to which we commit ourselves.

Hyperion will establish a security buffer through mutually beneficial trade, diplomacy and security presence. Hyperion will not overextend itself or seek to conquer that which does not enhance its own economic base. Our warriors are fierce and well practiced in order to provide for our common defense. Our strategists are of the finest minds having developed plans and executed campaigns for many other nations and states in order to build up our current and future partners.

Some may have come into conflict with our individual parts, but know, that as a whole, Hyperion as a Kingdom will act as a partner, an enabler and a builder to better our position as a sovereign and autonomous state and benefit those those who seek mutually beneficial commerce and security.

=============
In Summary:

The national strategic objectives of the Kingdom of Hyperion position our nation to be a true partner; limited in our desire for wanton conquest and more interested in building commercial and security arrangements to mutually benefit those who want to pursue more rational and meaningful interactions as a whole.

For more information you can read our publicly available national strategy here:

http://www.kingdomofhyperion.com/2017/1 ... -strategy/
Last edited by Krevente on 20 Oct 2017, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Re: [NA] To All Sovereign States From Kingdom of Hyperion

Post by Krevente » 20 Oct 2017, 14:11

In less colorful words:

We're here to play Life is Feudal as the ultimate strategy game. Conquest and life by the sword is tired and played out across these games. We're more interested in exploring more and what can make LiF different as an MMO. That means more exercising of the Instruments of National Power and some of the principles in International Relations.

In RL, I am a military officer and have planned campaigns, worked as an advisor for foreign militaries and engaged the whole range of combat from the tactical to the strategic. I've done the real world strategy gig and that kind of gameplay is something we haven't seen too much in MMOs, so I'm looking for those who want to do something more rather than play simple, weak forum politics or fall into the fake news trap (which ironically is a form of the exercise of the informational instrument of national power, but it's mostly by accident) because I think the LiF community is much more mature and has the mindset to make the game more engaging.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me because Hyperion plans to do some pretty cool stuff from a planning and strategy perspective and I know a lot of people are guild leaders because they desire to get into that kind of stuff. If this is you, we don't want to build a mega zerg and we may end up fighting each other over some land (in fact I hope we get some solid, rational conflict going), but I do want to open a larger dialogue with those who love strategy and want to see it in LiF.

Hawks
Alpha Tester

Re: [NA] To All Sovereign States From the Kingdom of Hyperion

Post by Hawks » 28 Oct 2017, 18:58

Hyperion is trying to bring diplomacy and inter-alliance relations to whole another level. We look forward to working with all sorts of guilds in the NA server, come launch. :beer:

http://www.silversunrepublic.com
The Originators of Practical Roleplay

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Post by Gizmaul » 01 Nov 2017, 22:48

Good to hear from someone with actual authority within Hyperion! We welcome earnest and honest dialog.
Last edited by Gizmaul on 01 Nov 2017, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

Gizmaul - I taught your girlfriend that thing you like!

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Post by Gizmaul » 01 Nov 2017, 22:52

OH and Dilly Dilly:)

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 02 Nov 2017, 15:31

I'll drink to that! :beer:

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Post by Gizmaul » 02 Nov 2017, 15:59

I am glad someone got the Dilly Dilly part:)

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 04 Nov 2017, 10:01

Gizmaul wrote:I am glad someone got the Dilly Dilly part:)

Of course!

On a side note, we're looking at hosting an NA Guild Summit on the LiF Discord Server to discuss expectations and lay the groundwork for discussion among all the groups that want to promote the game as a true strategy sim more than just an arcade twitch PvP MMO.

Gizmaul
Zealous Believer

Post by Gizmaul » 04 Nov 2017, 19:33

We had heard about this. And were waiting for an official announcement. Prosperity would be happy to attend and help form some structure.

If we all just go at it day 1. We will chase off any smaller groups and we will get tired of just doing the same raid counter raid thing every night and the game will die.

It needs to be given a chance to grow.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 05 Nov 2017, 13:18

I'll probably figure out a time at some point today since I'm on the other side of the globe right now and math was never my strong suit.

It will definitely happen on the LiF Discord Server in order to keep it to neutral ground.

I'm not worried about creating an uber alliance or what people do diplomatically as long as we have a place to discuss conflicts and people doing stupid shit to each other in the interest of achieving exactly what you've described.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 06 Nov 2017, 03:42

Greetings,

Lord Cian of House of Khans greets you all. The Lords and Tribal Chiefs of the Tribal Lands have pledged their blood oath to the King of Hyperion and have joined his council.

We support the creation of a Kingdom where everyone from the lowest tribesman to the wealthiest Chief may own many sheep and grow fat while having too many wives to please!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Roleplay introductions aside. I've played with various members of the Kingdom of Hyperion in several games over the past 10 years. They been everything from conquerors to peacemakers. We joined them for Life is Feudal because I believe they intend play a balanced game that will undoubtedly enhance the experience of everyone and support a positive game experience that will hopefully encourage long term player growth and retention for the game.

House of Khans is the heavy infantry of the Kingdom of Hyperion and we look forward to defending the Kingdom, its allies, and all the independent smaller groups that choose to reside peacefully within its area of influence.

If anyone wishes to get in touch with the House of Khans specifically they can contact myself, Dalix Khan, Toran Khan
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 12 Nov 2017, 14:04

To His Majesty Manus Dei of Hyperion,

Your Majesty,

The County of Silverhawk looks forward to a peaceful and productive relationship with you. As with your great nation, we have no designs on extensive conquest. We seek a peaceful existence with those around us, though we shall seek to defend ourselves against those, with a different outlook to you, who would bring aggression to our borders and, such as our lowly status allows, will aim to defend the weak.

I look forward to a state of friendship between us.

I am, sire, your humble servant,

Dathan Silverhawk, Count of Silverhawk

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the OOC bit. Silverhawk is a small guild seeking to enjoy the journey within the game, rather than rushing to the destination. It is our aim to build an immersive, realistic looking village, with a view to roleplaying, which will be encouraged but not mandatory. We will not be looking for formal alliances until we get to know other guilds better, and we feel we are ready to fulfil our side of the bargain. We will look for less formal friendship with any and all who wish it. At least initially, we seek to be independent in order to protect our style of play.

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics