Books?Paper???

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Edward78

Books?Paper???

Post by Edward78 » 27 Nov 2017, 04:30

Is it in the future plans???

Lord_soth_greyblade

Re: Books?Paper???

Post by Lord_soth_greyblade » 15 Dec 2017, 05:17

It'd be interesting if production of parchment and binding of codices/books were advanced skills themselves that produced what essentially were fluff and luxury items for a large skill investment.

What I mean is have them have pre-req skills and maybe have parchment/papermaking and binding be seperate skills. You need hides water, and some other things to treat and make the parchment then thread and other items to bind them into books/codices. These final products were then physical items IG capable of holding rather extensive writings and that had a customizable index at the front so you could "bookmark" different pages for quick access. They would serve little to no purpose except being an expensive labor intensive item that can have a lot of IG text recorded and organized in them. Basically rellying on player imagination as for what use they serve.

Some options are things like recording say the histories of various rulers in a group and their reported ancestry, a record of meetings between officials, propoganda filled recordings of battles, poetry books, texts of player made religions, "Prophetic ramblings" by some RPer, or a book of sorcery and caijun cooking.

Since it serves no vital IG purpose, and requires so much skills and resources to produce, this would also mean such items would be inherently rare, which somewhat fits the theme I think. Since devoting the skills training time and resources to produce these items would be something only those groups who have that much to spare could readily do, both in manpower and resources.

Hayleym
Beta Tester

Post by Hayleym » 19 Dec 2017, 09:22

I would be interested in books and paper if not just for the RP purposes of them. Simply being able to leave a note that you had visited someone's town or were looking to trade such and such kind of goods would be useful. I'm thinking of the implementation they had in Ultima Online.

Not so much skill based to write on them, although I think making paper would be another good use of the procuration skill + trees + a soaking tub.

Edward78

Post by Edward78 » 28 Dec 2017, 16:00

Hmmm, well if there was a recipe sys it would be useful... Auto learning the recipes kind of takes away a huge reason for them... Mortal Online has a interesting crafting sys... Like having to read a book to learn recipes could be interesting & they could tie int to learning recipes... Plus, make them readable like Mortal online...

Return to Suggestions and Ideas