Guild Item Logs

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Socraticproblems

Guild Item Logs

Post by Socraticproblems » 28 Dec 2017, 21:23

I've been having a hell of a time tracking thieves stealing horses out of the breeding stables, high q items meant for a guild project and used for personals, and the dreaded I'm going to join this guild and use all of the 90ql hardwood billets to make ql 1 handles . This is a problem for guilds for almost every guild I've seen, a deposit/removal log for buildings with storage would in my opinion help player retention and guild growth; otherwise you have to recruit to very specific standards with no idea who's coming to just destroy your claim. Any system that can address public use items being destroyed or used for :evil: purposes would help the game and players.

This could be implemented as a history tracker, similar to existing logs and would help Developers confirm bugs involving item disappearance, duplication, and use. I understand that implementing logs for every character would probably tax servers, these could be implemented at the guild officer level or with permission changes, information stored only on those clients that have these permissions. These don't have to be pretty logs, as I understand the devs are probably taxed to the point of day drinking-but I believe it to be 100% necessary to ensure the longevity of a well-mad game.

It's also lore friendly, as I would notice when the best horse in town is being ridden out to someone's personal claim and would burn anyone at the stake who carries around that many handles.

I'm open to any working systems of organization at the guild level that allows for a semblance of control to prevent theft by newly made enemy characters or those with malicious intent, preventing in my opinion the worst form of "war", the spies.

If you have a method that works for you, I would be glad to hear of it.

Hodo

Re: Guild Item Logs

Post by Hodo » 28 Dec 2017, 21:54

We started a log system of our own.

Started restricting access to our high quality materials storage buildings. Most of the people have access to these things have no need to take anything from them, and all of our recruits and plebs are kept out on the realm claim in "pleb" town. Where we keep lower quality materials and mounts.

It takes a bit of work on the guild leaders part, but you can delegate that responsibility to others.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas