Alchemy Rework Suggestions

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Dealer

Alchemy Rework Suggestions

Post by Dealer » 26 Feb 2018, 07:59

I am not an English speaker, sorry about my bad English, but i have to rant about Alchemy in this game here, cause it's far from satisfying.

Right now, alchemy is a simple copy/paste of Herbalism and because of that, hebalism is now useless. Most of alchemy skill line is not that useful. More importantly, in the middle age, alchemy is more than "mixing herbs". These are the reasons why we need a rework on alchemy. And life of alchemist is boring...

So can we determine some properties of this skill? In the western world, alchemy might be the origin of chemistry and this theory also had lots of branches. In the country where i come from, people discovered fire powder during alchemy experiments. Some modern fictions defined alchemy as a method to reconstruct material, e.g, kill the iron, create the gold.

So alchemy in this game should:
The material(reactant)could be anything, not only herbs.
Making strange potions is part of alchemy, but not everything
Alchemy shouldn't conflict with Herbalism in the skill line

And here is an example of my design:
Alchemy:
level 0
You can mix preps, alcohol, and catalyst to get cocktail

level 30
You can make powerful cocktail by adding more preps, catalysts, etc.

level 60
Naphtha can be processed into high quantity fuels
Flux can be processed into acid, and it's useful in mining and glass crafting
Food flavor: not only People loves delicious food, animals might also love the high quantity food

level 90
Now u can reuse catalysts (my chemistry Prof told me that mass and quantity of catalyst wont change after the reaction!) for limited times
Evocation: by consuming some herbs and other ingredients u can buff the people in a certain zone.(not the same way as potion buff)
Astrology: by consuming some herbs and other ingredients you might tell the position of gold mine, or the location of other resources

level 100
Add some luck when you do alchemy
Gold finger: you can turn iron into gold, you can turn gold into other gems

Return to Suggestions and Ideas