Avalon PvP Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
DiddlyDale
True Believer

Avalon PvP Poll

Post by DiddlyDale » 27 Mar 2018, 18:49

We have been discussing this as a community on Avalon for sometime now, right now the map is static and needs more content from the perspective of PvP, and I think we can all agree that sieges being implemented will take time and ultimately the following proposal will yield the same results but just achieved in a different way.

There are two primary concerns for our community, more regular and longer judgement hours, and destructable tier 1 monuments during JH on the map (as long as in war).

For us this would provide far more content for PvP and would yeild the same results as if the game was fully developed, I truly believe that as Avalon is a genuine PvP server these changes would not be in any way harmful to the community, furthermore it would probably attract more PvP orientated people as truly right now there isn't a single server that can claim it is truly PvP (not even Avalon).

The lack of claim destruction and the lack of genuine PvP outside of JH means that there is no real movement in the game world and no real movement in the community, making it stale and unpallitable for the majority of players.

This poll is to find out two answers, the first is would you like more JH's? Or would you like to see more JH's and T1 guild destruction anywhere on the map whether it lies inside your influence claim or not.

I believe with the upcoming server transfer system this option should be placed on the table as it will provide the most variance in servers and allow the developers to see which ideal appeals to people more, it will allow for not only a striking variance in the server types but also provide an amazing opportunity for the devs to learn more about their own game from the perspective of the community.

Thankyou

https://www.strawpoll.me/15374974

Hodo

Re: Avalon PvP Poll

Post by Hodo » 27 Mar 2018, 20:04

The problem is, and this is mainly from a Buyan point of view. Increased vulnerability during JH wont solve anything due to the lag it would create on the servers. The NA servers cant handle 100 people in a tile let alone 200 fighting over a t1 monument.

I am sure the Avalon servers are better but I doubt they can handle 200+ people fighting in the same server tile either.

Then we have the other issues, that this doesn't solve. Like personal claims.

While I like that you are coming up with a possible solution, I just dont see it working with the game in its current shape.

But honestly I think it is worth a try, but JH would have to be increased to 2 hours in order for anything to get done without it crashing the server because of 500 people trying to load into a tile.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

DiddlyDale
True Believer

Post by DiddlyDale » 28 Mar 2018, 04:57

We already have the effect happening on Avalon with groups using the influence circle around an enemy claim from their own monument, so fundamentally this changes virtually nothing except the fact that the mechanics are changed, also our JH's are 2 hours :D so we wouldn't really need an increase (although tbh I wouldn't mind 3/4 hrs).

I think atleast if we give this a try on a server which is already pvp orientated we could push a different agenda and test it out to see whether the devs like the idea, I see alot of people talking about loss of players but I don't really see an influx of players either so unless the devs have given up on the game I don't see any issues with trying something more drastic to try and revitalise the game.

Anyantwow

Post by Anyantwow » 28 Mar 2018, 06:31

I completely agree with the opinion of the author!

From myself I will add that PVP should be divided into two types: PVP vs. PVP and PVP against NON-PVP gamers. And for PVP gamers, hunting for players PVE is usually more interesting than fighting against other PVP clans.

This means two things: first,the necessity to improve the quality of NON-PVP content (hunting, fishing, commerce, treasure hunting, etc.), and the second is that it is necessary to separate guilds at PVP and NON-PVP by options and effects.

In this case, we will get satisfaction of the requirements and desires for all gamers! PVP clans will be able to have military facilities, and NON-PVP gamers live in safe zones (cities and villages) and build military facilities for PVP clans!))

It is clear that all castles and fortresses must be vulnerable in JH daily, but settlements only in exceptional cases, such as the wars of kings!

PVP vs. PVP means tournaments, knight fights, sieges of castles and global wars of kings. This should be formalized by game rules, but not be an initiative of the gamers themselves - this means getting game bonuses for individual players and entire clans, in case of victory.

Anyantwow

Post by Anyantwow » 28 Mar 2018, 07:46

Hodo wrote:The problem is, and this is mainly from a Buyan point of view. Increased vulnerability during JH wont solve anything due to the lag it would create on the servers. The NA servers cant handle 100 people in a tile let alone 200 fighting over a t1 monument.

I am sure the Avalon servers are better but I doubt they can handle 200+ people fighting in the same server tile either.

Then we have the other issues, that this doesn't solve. Like personal claims.

While I like that you are coming up with a possible solution, I just dont see it working with the game in its current shape.

But honestly I think it is worth a try, but JH would have to be increased to 2 hours in order for anything to get done without it crashing the server because of 500 people trying to load into a tile.

Avalon not better! but more worse! Me have wild lags when 30 vs 20! and only during JH situation is better - 40vs 40 give minimum lags, but if more lags come back! :friends:

For east Europe situacion else worse - you will not belive if see our gameplay :ROFL: - we have very often FPS 5-15 and full slideshow ':'

THis game too, too requirement for PING becose absolutely all run through servers.... all transforming need remake :evil:

Cernd

Post by Cernd » 28 Mar 2018, 13:43

lol
we got daily open pvp, 3+ ibs and sieges at every JH for 2 hours...
we can't find time to do trainings and guild meetings :D

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Post by Ilja » 28 Mar 2018, 14:00

More JHs with option to destroy town claim will fix the problems of the game only for some time, month maybe 2, not to mention giant lags that will come with that when ppl start rush the claims to destroy buildings and steal stuff in a 2h window. After 2 months we gonna get back to the same state of the game as we sit now, slow decay. There is a reason why devs are making sieges instanced.

Problem of lacking PVP content is not the amount or lenght of JH. Problem is we can make all our stuff we need inside our 5 town claims per one guild. Trade is nearly dead, we dont see ppl traveling that much, means again less pvp. After horse stamina changes there is even less reason to go anywhere. To fix PVP there is few options that are MUST if we want the game to be truly alive:

1. Fix the desync, this thing is a killer right now, many of my friends simply prefer go play YO or other games where they dont suffer from that, when a fight happens i can't even hold my damn attack and i can dream of trying to make a thrust with sword or parry, this shit happens all the time in IBs no matter if lesser or normal. Every lancer i know have huge problems with horses going through each other like air.

2. Make regional resources actually regional. We need special stuff that can be harvested, mined, made, only in one specific region and be important enough for us to actually go and buy it from someone from time to time, not once like we have now, the moment your bs shop is done, gardens, all the other crafting buildings, boom gg u won the game u can sit in your base entire weeks without going out.

3. Optional PVP objectives. Not sieges, not climbing walls of claims, make us WANT to travel around the map without need to bring 100 armed ppl only to crash server and dissapoint our guys even more. This could be to easily tied to regional resources that CAN'T be produced by players but rather capture zone that will mine u salt for example, with each region having bunch of them diffrent in quality and sizes FORCING ppl to spread around in order to get one and its benefits, making a live bit easier for the burning servers. Or give us tools and mechanics we could use to make actuall tournaments or arenas without constant skill loss. There is soooo many options here diffrent to "more JH".

Desmas

Post by Desmas » 28 Mar 2018, 17:55

Ilja wrote:3. Optional PVP objectives. Not sieges, not climbing walls of claims, make us WANT to travel around the map without need to bring 100 armed ppl only to crash server and dissapoint our guys even more. This could be to easily tied to regional resources that CAN'T be produced by players but rather capture zone that will mine u salt for example, with each region having bunch of them diffrent in quality and sizes FORCING ppl to spread around in order to get one and its benefits, making a live bit easier for the burning servers. Or give us tools and mechanics we could use to make actuall tournaments or arenas without constant skill loss. There is soooo many options here diffrent to "more JH".

I like this idea.

I played as guild and it go so boring after we got walls. You got everything inside the walls. Before walls and all basic stuff, we got always raided. It was f#cking awesome to get us first weapons and hit back invaders when they came. Then after walls got up, it got so stale. Currently game is so empty. I traveled to main city...big guild on the way and all guilds empty.

Monco

Post by Monco » 29 Mar 2018, 02:05

We are 4 months into the wipe, most guilds are established and there's no real need to leave the base so the result is that the world is empty and stagnant.
If they don't want to increase the number of JHs, they have to either make it possible again to climb on walls even out of JH, to boost roaming thus having more people moving around or implement/change something that makes people leave their bases.
Opening new servers is not the solution to the lack of content, it will only split the population even more making servers feel even more empty, especially to new players.

DiddlyDale
True Believer

Post by DiddlyDale » 29 Mar 2018, 15:27

We need 500 votes to have a talk with bobik, put your vote down w/e you want and lets get talking, I know a lot of people would like other options and we can in the talk.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 29 Mar 2018, 16:44

Is there even 500 people who log into the forums any more? Or even 500 people who pay attention to Discord, or even log into the game?

I spend more time here than I do in game, because this is currently more exciting than ANYTHING going on in Buyan.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Mark-holt

Post by Mark-holt » 30 Mar 2018, 22:20

If the devs see more than 80% of participants on Avalon are pvp oriented then he will be more inclined to make Avalon a harsher world.

So far this poll is showing that 35% of Avalon players are pve oriented, despite the poll being circulated only between pvpers. So even though more pvpers have seen this poll, it's still funny that it's not overwhelmingly in favour of more pvp content.

Malahostia78

Post by Malahostia78 » 31 Mar 2018, 15:36

The game need fixes, we know it, but the great problem and one of the main reasons why people is leaving are the great alliances. They are killing the fun.

Return to General Discussion