Wiping construction sites?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Hero.death.knight
Devoted Believer

Wiping construction sites?

Post by Hero.death.knight » 26 Nov 2017, 21:39

I was building a few dozen building preparing them with all the mat ready to be hammered in and poof all the markers disappear. May I ask how often I can expect this to occur? I would just like an idea of a time table so I can avoid something like this in the future because it doesn't seem like a timed event due to certain areas being started a good 40mins after the first marker was placed down.

Arrakis

Re: Wiping construction sites?

Post by Arrakis » 26 Nov 2017, 22:41

What markers are you talking about?

Hero.death.knight
Devoted Believer

Post by Hero.death.knight » 26 Nov 2017, 23:00

The place holder for crafting things

Burne109
Zealous Believer

Post by Burne109 » 26 Nov 2017, 23:13

I've only had this happen off claim due to the decay rate

Hero.death.knight
Devoted Believer

Post by Hero.death.knight » 26 Nov 2017, 23:27

But in under 5mins? I mean I can understand if a few fell off after 30mins but they all disappeared at the same time.

Burne109
Zealous Believer

Post by Burne109 » 27 Nov 2017, 00:21

Yea it made me mad too.. i was working on construction.. and had like 12 ovens set. by the time i had the 5th one full they vanished..

I was going to fill em all and then power hour thru it.. but nope.. now i just stick to two-4 structures i work on.

Hero.death.knight
Devoted Believer

Post by Hero.death.knight » 27 Nov 2017, 01:57

Well not belittling your loss but I had 50 furnaces placed and ready to be made and not one vanished but every single one of them along with the mats. This is why I wanted to know if it's by design or if it's a bug that randomly destroys stuff. If by design I'd like to know why the time seems so random. I placed a random unfinished projects down to see if it's time based and came back over an hour later and they are still there. While other times I've seen things disappear in under 2 mins .

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 27 Nov 2017, 02:32

Signs outside of the claim disappear each maintenance tick. Players refer that as "morning lag" as that's when trees and crops mature too and the calculations lag the server. Once every 5 hours (which is 1 ingame day).

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 27 Nov 2017, 05:06

Sharana wrote:Signs outside of the claim disappear each maintenance tick. Players refer that as "morning lag" as that's when trees and crops mature too and the calculations lag the server. Once every 5 hours (which is 1 ingame day).

Shit mechanic . Shouldn’t be so damn often . I lost a fully built house to this somehow , it literally disappeared removing my spawn point . I then started building it again (was in the middle of the game day) and I turn around to get the last building log , as I turn back to the house I see that the damn construction blueprint is gone along with allll the damn materials AGAIN . This was off claim but shouldn’t act like that , my guild has a VILLAGE of houses off claim that never disappeared no matter what time we worked on them, yet when you build oN SPECIFIC plots of land it will always manage to delete it , don’t know why but devs should figure that out as it’s been a “feature” since LIF yo and it’s getting old - people refer to it as the cursed land bug .

Velius

Post by Velius » 27 Nov 2017, 06:27

Burne109 wrote:Yea it made me mad too.. i was working on construction.. and had like 12 ovens set. by the time i had the 5th one full they vanished..

I was going to fill em all and then power hour thru it.. but nope.. now i just stick to two-4 structures i work on.

Your best bet is to head to a clay deposit and flatten a small area. Then start an oven, fill it with clay, add materials, then deconstruct. Repeat over and over for 60 minutes. Also works with Masonry.

Alternatively you can bring a few thousand clay back to your claim and work there, however your guildmates might not be too thrilled at that if you take up several tiles of claim land with a mountain of clay.

Joecool56

Post by Joecool56 » 20 Dec 2017, 17:11

Arrakis wrote:What markers are you talking about?

not gonna fix it are you?

Foz

Post by Foz » 20 Dec 2017, 17:21

Joecool56 wrote:

Certain Items decay faster than others. It was obvious he was interested in discovering what marker it was so he could make an educated assessment of what could potentially be wrong.

You don't go the the doctor and say "I hurt" and expect a reasonable assessment based off of just that do you?

As far as it needing fixed, it doesnt sound like it is broken. Objects that aren't built yet have NO DURABILITY so it only takes 1 click off of a claim to destroy it. If this wasn't the case I imagine you would be running around complaining about all the signs all over the server.

Joecool56

Post by Joecool56 » 20 Dec 2017, 17:33

Foz wrote:
Joecool56 wrote:

Certain Items decay faster than others. It was obvious he was interested in discovering what marker it was so he could make an educated assessment of what could potentially be wrong.

You don't go the the doctor and say "I hurt" and expect a reasonable assessment based off of just that do you?

As far as it needing fixed, it doesnt sound like it is broken. Objects that aren't built yet have NO DURABILITY so it only takes 1 click off of a claim to destroy it. If this wasn't the case I imagine you would be running around complaining about all the signs all over the server.

How about individual durability tick?

Foz

Post by Foz » 20 Dec 2017, 17:44

How about individual durability tick?

Definitely a reasonable question. I imagine when an object is placed though the database tracks that only the object exists and the contents, not who placed it. Then having a timer run constantly causes some resource waste. You have a timer object that can interupt other functions, then you have it constantly cycling through a database.
I would guess it might be a goal of theirs, but low on the list (with other broken features) but they aren't quite sure how to implement it in a suitable and efficient way.

One thing that no one has mentioned is educating people on the rules of the game would help eliminate these issues. If people knew not to build at night then it would help. I and many of my friends know this from years on LiF:YO and watching simple things like campfires and coops disappear.

RattyB

Post by RattyB » 02 Apr 2018, 21:41

how does this apply to construction sites on an active personal claim? if i lay down a house, and want to gradually add materials over a couple realtime days, will the site disappear?
Server: NA/Buyan
Guild Membership: None (Hermit)

Velius

Post by Velius » 03 Apr 2018, 01:47

Placed items and foundation sites on claims are protected. Dropped object bags will still vanish on the clear ticks.

Basically build on a claim or don't complain if you lose something. It would be destroyed anyway as soon as someone discovers you.

Return to General Discussion