Include a wipe in the FIRST MAJOR UPDATE?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Do you want a wipe to be include in the First Major Patch?

Yes. I think a wipe is necessary
49%
No. I think a wipe is unnecessary
51%

Total votes : 189

Roothor

Include a wipe in the FIRST MAJOR UPDATE?

Post by Roothor » 08 Jun 2018, 14:04

We are expecting the First Major Pacht that will have a huge impact in the game. The begining of an economy, united worlds, hadcore pvp and 99% secure servers. These changes will make people move from one world to other and for sure will bring some players back to the game. I think we should ensure a just start for those of us that will look for hadcore pvp in avalon/buyan or peaceful pve in epleland/skjutland/telmun. The current situation (I will refer to EU servers as I play and talk with people from Skjutland and Avalon) is terrible for such changes. Well developed bases are a (too) huge advantages for the ones that will stay in their worlds. As I heard from many of you, that were talking with ex-players, some of them were enthusiastic with the pacth but when they knew there will be no wipe, there enthusiasm disappeared and they say "So I won't return to the game".

On the other hand people have made a huge effort building big castles with castle walls and big keeps. Many of us are worried that their effort will be gone and those hours they sacrifised will be just thrown as it would be trash. But here we have to realized that now is more important the game succed. To make this a real MMO. Because what we have made a great castle if no one will see it? What is the goal of our 100q work if everyone has it and the new can't afford it? What is the sense of the hadcore pvp if you fight with 80q+ armor against 30q armor?

All in all we should think what is good for the game and what is just for everyone. We can't move forward if we just thing in our lost "work", even though it is not work cause this is a game. Let the game succed, let players came back, let a wipe happen.

*Only map wipe. The characters ability level would stay. After this you will be again asked what world you would like to join and a freh new start will happen
Last edited by Roothor on 08 Jun 2018, 14:14, edited 2 times in total.

Korgak

Re: Include a wipe in the next Major Pacht?

Post by Korgak » 08 Jun 2018, 14:09

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Re: Include a wipe in the FIRST MAJOR UPDATE?

Post by Ilja » 08 Jun 2018, 14:22

Yes, but only if we get a new map, kinda no point in wiping and getting the same when we know that they producing the new map.

Best scenario would be if each world have unique map, that would be very interesting and fresh.

Skandi

Post by Skandi » 08 Jun 2018, 14:30

W-I-P-E, just erase the worlds as they are now, create one new red and one new green world for each region, and give the tickets back

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 08 Jun 2018, 14:34

Why make a poll about something that was asked in an AMA and Bobik already answered ?

Pracujwbiznesie
True Believer

Post by Pracujwbiznesie » 08 Jun 2018, 14:48

After wipe allies will be changed...

Which wipe should be? Wipe map? Wipe player stats? I a voting for NO if you want wipe each char statistics

Desnake
Zealous Believer

Post by Desnake » 08 Jun 2018, 15:15

Asimov. Because that is the only way to change things bro. They need to see how many ppl would like something for them to open their eyes if they belive that most ppl dont want it.

I would be for a wipe if we keep characters names and stats.
I dont mind building things again, but i do mind grinding up those skills and losing out on what we payed for in the goldpackage which was a early start. So only fair way to do a wipe is to let us keep characters as they are just strip them of equipment and inventory.

I would prefer new maps that would be cool. But i dont care if it's the old one either. Having different maps for each server is a really cool idea tho. But then again i am not sure if they have planned this and it would probably delay things alot if they were to do that now. But for the future i guess.

Peace
Ragnarr Hardrada
Ragnarr Hardrada
TVG / RSH

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 08 Jun 2018, 15:34

There is only one reason I can see ever needing to wipe this game and that's a map change.

The wipe calls sound like sour grapes. YOU want to start over somewhere else so you think everyone else should start over with you.

That is not a good reason for a wipe.

Desnake
Zealous Believer

Post by Desnake » 08 Jun 2018, 15:43

Slamzbootspike wrote:There is only one reason I can see ever needing to wipe this game and that's a map change.

The wipe calls sound like sour grapes. YOU want to start over somewhere else so you think everyone else should start over with you.

That is not a good reason for a wipe.

No thats not what ppl say. We say that alot of ppl will want to try their luck on avalon for example. and alot of avalons probably want a production base on epleland for example.

So we would like it to be balanced out for everyone.

Besides wipes usualy good. Fresh start often brings new players and old players. So if you want to sit in your great castle looking out on... nothing thats fine. But dont bring the majority down with you.

Your point is anulled for beeing in really bad taste.
Ragnarr Hardrada
TVG / RSH

HalstenHolgot

Post by HalstenHolgot » 08 Jun 2018, 15:43

No wipe.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 08 Jun 2018, 16:00

I think a wipe is inevitable at some point, but not yet.

I recall them mentioning that it was far too difficult to add server tiles and it would call for a brand new map.

Wipe would be enjoyable even if just to remove a good portion of lag.
Perhaps on full release?

Dragge

Post by Dragge » 08 Jun 2018, 16:06

must be a joke?

Molsenff

Post by Molsenff » 08 Jun 2018, 17:00

I vote no on a hard wipe. I've put six months of constant work into my guild and that's irreplaceable time and effort. I don't care if they keep my characters and skills, my accomplishments would be for naught.

There's a way to "wipe" that would be effective to remove dead guilds and overly farmed resources (like clay, granite, marble, etc).

The first thing to do is to contact guild leaders via the online portal. Sending each guild leader a message to contact X GM on Discord to discuss upcoming update and world wipe. Set a time limit of 7 days to contact via Discord.

If they make contact and discuss, give them two options:
No wipe for their guild's realm. Or total wipe with compensation.
Compensation could include the following: A horse cart filled with enough supplies to establish a monument of equal tier, tools with 100q, and assorted other important items.
No wipe would mean they remain as they are now with no assistance from the GMs.

Then, wipe the world around them. Those guilds that failed to make contact will be removed from the map, resources will be refreshed, and the world will look new. It will make new opportunities for new players and old ones returning after a long break from the game, without punishing those players who've remained in the game and given their all to building their guild.

Tetsel
Beta Tester

Post by Tetsel » 08 Jun 2018, 17:01

Pracujwbiznesie wrote:After wipe allies will be changed...

Which wipe should be? Wipe map? Wipe player stats? I a voting for NO if you want wipe each char statistics

Alliance didn't change after CBT wipe, why this time should be different ? lol

No Wipe

Rmcclsky

Post by Rmcclsky » 08 Jun 2018, 17:04

My partner and I have spent hundreds of hours terraforming and have much left to do. Why would we want to start over? If the server is wiped, that would be discouraging enough to make me think of leaving.

Guisamways

Post by Guisamways » 08 Jun 2018, 17:24

It is meaningless a wipe by the wipe. There have to be conditions that will improve the game and compensate those that already are and worked so much in their bases. Some suggestions:

6 worlds, 2 for each region, one red and one green. If possible each with a map of its own, if not at least the completely new green.

Hostile NCPs in red and non hostile NPCs in green with quests.

Events in both worlds;

Free transfer between worlds at the same time for all types of accounts, whether premium or not.

Transfers would cost in game with crown coins to pay for shipping.

Possibility of transport boats between the worlds, paid by weight transported, and or the possibility of construction and use of own boats.

For players who are already there, they would receive a title, starting pack, a unique clothing skin (a cloack?), Some GF.

Some ideas.

Dirith
True Believer

Post by Dirith » 08 Jun 2018, 17:48

Wipe! :Bravo:

Monco

Post by Monco » 08 Jun 2018, 17:53

Roothor

Post by Roothor » 08 Jun 2018, 19:18

Monco wrote:https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?art=619

No wipe confirmed.

This just a feedbackof the comnunity. If it rech to 300-400 votes it can be treated as a suggestion but it will never be a decision. The devs have the decision power and I trust Bobik will lead this game well.

Monco

Post by Monco » 08 Jun 2018, 23:18

Roothor wrote:
Monco wrote:https://lifeisfeudal.com/News/?art=619

No wipe confirmed.

This just a feedbackof the comnunity. If it rech to 300-400 votes it can be treated as a suggestion but it will never be a decision. The devs have the decision power and I trust Bobik will lead this game well.

Yeah sure, i voted for a wipe myself but the topic is "include a wipe in the first major update" and they said it won't wipe for that occasion

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 09 Jun 2018, 07:35

On the other hand people have made a huge effort building big castles with castle walls and big keeps. Many of us are worried that their effort will be gone and those hours they sacrifised will be just thrown as it would be trash.

So let's make those people fears come true and wipe them, that will surely motivate them to stay and send positive reviews of the game.

The Devs said there will be no wipe at the start and they said it on many ocasions with strong words. Do you think that they need another argument against them for breaking poromises?
But to satisfy people like the OP they made it a question in one of the pools, it was rejected.

There were already few pools like these from people, when will you get it through your thick skull? You are not WE, what you want is irrelevant compared to the big picture.

Return to General Discussion