Competitive Gameplay Idea with a mix of RTS for LiF:YO

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Coatl

Competitive Gameplay Idea with a mix of RTS for LiF:YO

Post by Coatl » 24 Jul 2014, 12:23

-First off all, Thanks to Bobik and all the team for Deilver this amazing game and concept and i cant wait for the Steam Early access.

To my understanding and knowladge LiF:YO will be a 3km map with a maximum of 64 players and will give the option for players to host their own servers and modify the rules, setting, numbers, ETC, complete freedom, in others games like Minecraft whe know how the community can achieve a great concept with the mechanics of a game if they have the right tools(It comes to my mind the Hunger Games Server of Minecraft), i like competitive and strategy games and love Roleplay; so i came up with an Idea to mix that with LiF:YO and all the Guilds that are interested in this game and pvp overall, a way to keep them busy while we wait for LiF MMO, and a way to strengthen the community.

I took complete inspiration of my first pc game ever, Age of Empires II, Make LiF:YO an RTS were everyone gets to be a character and the Guild or Team Leader manage them.
First somene has to host a server(preferably someone who is not in any of the participants guilds) and as the servers can handle 64 players, so there will be 2 Guilds or Teams of 32 players, the goal will be simple, each guild will start with a monument and has to destroy the other teams Monument, so the teams has to gather resource to defend themselfs, get armor,weapons, food, build fortress, watchtowers, keeps etc...everything that they need to destory the other team monument and defend their own.

-To avoid teams cheating and getting more than 32 people on the server, each guild should make a list with their 32 best players and only those will have access to the server
-The other thing that i cant decide is if the server should be open 24/7 or open for a specific time
-Im not completly sure about an always open server, if the teams have diferent timezone there will be little interaction with the teams ar one can just stomp the other one when there are all sleep.
-Im leading more towards open it a few hours everyday, around 4 hours or so, both teams make and agreement on wich hours the server should be open so both teams can have their full coordinated team ready for that session
-Also make a way that the resource are in a well thinked position so the teams can have a reason to fight for them.

-And this not necesary but i would love it if the teams do it
-Each team should recod some footage everyday of what they have being making and the progress of the match(Just a short video, nothing fancy) and try to record most of the fight and release it once the match is over and someone make a narrative of how everything happened so the other guild or just players can be part or at least know the story or adventures of that match

-This are just my thoughts righ now, is a fresh idea that i had and i needed to express it, its stills raw, but i would like you to give your opinions and expand this idea.

-Im not asking for a new gameplay feature from the developers, im just asking is for dedicated players that can make this posible

But my bigest concern is that if the server should be open 24/7 or a few hours everytime???

And remember, Life is Feudal

(Sorry for my English and mistakes :p, its my first time writing something this big in english)

En_Dotter

Re: Competitive Gameplay Idea with a mix of RTS for LiF:YO

Post by En_Dotter » 24 Jul 2014, 13:35

Ummm... I might not fully get what you are trying to say, buuuut... Isnt that the idea of playing LiF generally?

Coatl

Post by Coatl » 24 Jul 2014, 19:28

Not completley as in the MMO the strongest guillds will be the ones with more players and also the are guilds that are not interested in PvP and are more focused on just building and roleplaying

The idea that i got is a more organized scenario were both teams have the same tools and oportunities to win

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 25 Jul 2014, 00:44

Coatl wrote:Not completley as in the MMO the strongest guillds will be the ones with more players and also the are guilds that are not interested in PvP and are more focused on just building and roleplaying

The idea that i got is a more organized scenario were both teams have the same tools and oportunities to win

Ummm... We all have the the same tools. Just use good marketing and there wont be a clan bigger than yours.
Im sorry but i dont get you. This game will be PvP and that means "peaceful" clans will either suffer or suffer (or they will be bought out). Also, this game will not be Pay to Win (as said by devs) so there is no way someone will have "better tools". Just "hire" a good PR and enjoy.
Also if everyone were "equal" as u say then whats the fun? Wouldnt u like to see a "zerg" crumble (by your hand)? Role play u suggest cannot live on the massive server because not everyone wants that. Some just want to "win", others to build, then u have role play enthusiasts and other stuff. Its fight to survive no matter what u choose. And it all comes down to marketing of your society.

Mumbles

Post by Mumbles » 25 Jul 2014, 02:01

En_Dotter wrote:This game will be PvP and that means "peaceful" clans will either suffer or suffer (or they will be bought out).

I actually disagree with this. I personally think that there is gonna be a lot of diplomacy in this. Some guilds will be more peaceful than PVP, you will need to make friends to be the biggest kingdom.

Arthua

Post by Arthua » 26 Jul 2014, 04:43

Roleplay can easily occur in a massive world. If a town that is controlled by a certain faction/nation REQUIRES roleplaying, an outsider would either have to adjust or suffer.

Return to General Discussion