Execution!!

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Eskaldar
Alpha Tester

Execution!!

Post by Eskaldar » 24 Aug 2012, 10:21

Execution. I want to see public executions in the LIF!!! I would want that the thieves, murderers, killers and other defunct law anyone caught in the guard NPC city, imprisoned, and then conclusions and publicly carry out executions of these persons! That everybody knows what to kill and loot is not always fun! In this case, the killer's head to hang on the pile or hang up the corpse in front of the city :)

wongo007
Alpha Tester

Re: Execution!!

Post by wongo007 » 24 Aug 2012, 12:10

That would be good actualy.I mean this would atleast teach players that stealing is a bad idea so maybe we could even make trials and build courts.i think that Bobik could make some sort of punishing system that the city can regulate for easier use in the future.And of course public executions are a very important event in the city.Many people go there to watch.

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Post by LordWiese » 24 Aug 2012, 22:10

:angry: NPC cites are evil!!!!

Anyways, I like the idea of being able to hang my captives B)

If this has the right set up, we may very well be able to have courts, since if you disarm them, whoever is on trial will be killed anyway if they try and run :evil:

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Post by Falke88 » 25 Aug 2012, 07:18

well since deaths penalty is only loosing items and mybe skill penalty somehow the execution isnt really a thing which will dodge players to not steal or do not nice things. what a real bugger would be ingame is not being able
to play actually... so i would love to see something like a prison being build by king or lord players and where criminals or whatever can be hold
for 1-2 days hours etc. thats kinda not cool fora paying player but hey LIFE IS FEUDAL and you knew what would happen ;) i think LIF would have a unique gameplay part here aswell

Gladius
Alpha Tester

Post by Gladius » 25 Aug 2012, 07:54

Falke88 wrote:well since deaths penalty is only loosing items and mybe skill penalty somehow the execution isnt really a thing which will dodge players to not steal or do not nice things. what a real bugger would be ingame is not being able
to play actually... so i would love to see something like a prison being build by king or lord players and where criminals or whatever can be hold
for 1-2 days hours etc. thats kinda not cool fora paying player but hey LIFE IS FEUDAL and you knew what would happen ;) i think LIF would have a unique gameplay part here aswell

Prisons could be interesting. It could also make for some interesting gameplay for the king or lord players. What if the prisons are full for example? Do you spend precious materials on building more prisons? Maybe your city will get a bad reputation. Or perhaps the king or lord player grants an amnesty for minor crimes. Or executions could be held to clear prison space. :evil:

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 25 Aug 2012, 09:28

I'd think you'd have to make it optional game play. Like being able to "surrender" in combat and the player could take you captive but you would only lose a very small % of the normal skill loss (which should be high for really evil players I believe). Then the player would have that specific amount of time not being able to log in. I personally would take the XP hit unless I wasn't planning on playing. Otherwise I would rage so hard, I highly doubt a majority of players paying to play a game would be okay with temporary bans.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 25 Aug 2012, 10:54

Greetings,
I think that you should not be "removed" from the game for stealing or similar crimes. How are you supposed to be a thief then? I think the idea is ok for some sort of griefers or trolls but for robbers...

Gladius
Alpha Tester

Post by Gladius » 25 Aug 2012, 14:23

finalreview wrote:I'd think you'd have to make it optional game play. Like being able to "surrender" in combat and the player could take you captive but you would only lose a very small % of the normal skill loss (which should be high for really evil players I believe). Then the player would have that specific amount of time not being able to log in. I personally would take the XP hit unless I wasn't planning on playing. Otherwise I would rage so hard, I highly doubt a majority of players paying to play a game would be okay with temporary bans.

I'd think you would still be able to log in, but your character would be in a prison cell. Maybe your allies could bust you out, by raiding the prison? Or you could try to break out by lockpicking or digging a tunnel with a spoon for example (this could take longer than usual).

Post by Guest » 25 Aug 2012, 16:00

Eskaldar wrote:Execution. I want to see public executions in the LIF!!! I would want that the thieves, murderers, killers and other defunct law anyone caught in the guard NPC city, imprisoned, and then conclusions and publicly carry out executions of these persons! That everybody knows what to kill and loot is not always fun! In this case, the killer's head to hang on the pile or hang up the corpse in front of the city :)

doctor-who-meme-generator-this-my-dear-friend-is-fucking-genius-d41d8c.jpg

Seriously... that is awesome. How has no-one thought of this? Probably not a good idea to stop people playing the game after execution, or tying it in that you can capture them for stupid amounts of time. That would just be not fun. And no NPC's because that's just not LIF :P .

I can actually see this working well with a thread i started about six months ago about Bounty Hunting, If you could capture your target alive, then you can get paid bonus, and then the captured target will be executed, WITH LIKE A LITTLE CUT SCENE BUT YOU CAN STILL WALK AROUND (think assassins creed style)? Epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic.
http://www.lifeisfeudal.com/community/f ... =5&id=1645
But read the Bounty Hunting thread, (Scroll to the bottom, I've summarized all the information, still a bit of a read though... :P).

In the thread I talk about 'Public Bounties' and 'Private Bounties'. Getting it to work with private bounties would be a bit of a hastle, but if you made the Public Bounty announced, (town criers, bounty boards, wanted posters) it could become like a two way Public Event, in which a criminal has to commit crimes and escape, their reward being whatever they steal, rob and loot; and the Hunters have to either kill or capture the bounties, their reward being the bounties :D. And if they capture the criminals, there is an execution bit. AWESOME!

wongo007
Alpha Tester

Post by wongo007 » 29 Aug 2012, 20:03

Gladius wrote:
Falke88 wrote:well since deaths penalty is only loosing items and mybe skill penalty somehow the execution isnt really a thing which will dodge players to not steal or do not nice things. what a real bugger would be ingame is not being able

Prisons could be interesting. It could also make for some interesting gameplay for the king or lord players. What if the prisons are full for example? Do you spend precious materials on building more prisons? Maybe your city will get a bad reputation. Or perhaps the king or lord player grants an amnesty for minor crimes. Or executions could be held to clear prison space. :evil:

what if we make the prisoners preform very hard manual work (mining,woodcutting,transporting big stuff like stones,building town buildings etc) that way the town can make money or get stuff done.OR maybe we can put them in the army in the 1st line of attack.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 29 Aug 2012, 20:44

Hmm putting them in the army would be an alternative if you are in urgent need of soldiers (like a siege thats going on) but if it takes longer than 10 minutes untill the next battle that might again become quite boring for the prisoners (like being transported in a cage).

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 29 Aug 2012, 21:24

Bobik wrote:Well, most points sounded here are valid, especially that it's almost impossible to provide any kind of character control for more then few seconds that would be acceptable for a captive and he will kinda like it, unless he does not RP. I believe i've said about that somewhere, that such system failed in Face of Mankind MMO.
The closest working "capture" thing i've seen in multiplayer was possibility to capture a prisoner in SWAT multiplayer, when you could disable enemy with pepper spray, flashbang, rubber bullets and then handcuff him, but that was just like a kill, just more harder.
In current state of my gamedesing ideas, there will be no captive transportation of any sort or anything like that. Only possibilities will be:
1) knock down enemy and loot him: you won't get that huge alignment hit as if you would kill him, but he will come back to consciousness, so you'll have to be fast to loot him and flee
2) shout "I yield!" during fight - that will turn surrendering animation and will turn you (after 1-2 secs of invulnerability, so you won't be killed accidently in a heat of battle) into 1 hitpoint target. If other player decide to spare you - any blunt damage will knock you down instantly and he will get almost no alignment hit and will be able to loot you. If he chooses to finish you off - he will get a HUGE alignment hit (even more then just for simple murder) and still will be able to loot you.

As about bounty hunting - i think EVE system (well it was in UO too and some other games) will work good - you wants someone to be killed - you deposit your money into bounty account on his head, so some bounty hunters will have motivation to track him and kill him.

Without the ability to take control of a player, what ways could we still include executions? Maybe some sort of difficult melee combo that knocks the player out like Bobik suggests, but instead of looting you have an execution option? I'm sure the Dev's could create some interesting and gruesome finishers, maybe not Mortal Combat style but some head chopping or something :)

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 30 Aug 2012, 05:20

Well, of course you can finish knocked down person, if that happened accidently and you actually wanted to kill him :) And players with certain skills will be able to turn knocked out players back to conciousness faster. About beautiful finishers - will see ;)

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 30 Aug 2012, 07:07

*Ignore duplicate post*

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 30 Aug 2012, 07:07

All I want is to be able to put the enemy on his knees and stab my blade down next to his neck. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R73nvRPNSHA start watching at 5:20.

glenncariaga

Post by glenncariaga » 30 Aug 2012, 08:17

I think this could be linked to perma-death... it sounds like that perfect barrier to bad behavior. i remember mentioning some sort of karma ranking system. so... in order to do permadeath, one has to be:
1. at the lowest level of the karma rating
2. a writ must be issued by someone with highest rank (a liege-lord of some sort)
3. the person to be executed must be brought to an execution square (by means of the bounty system)
4. the liege-lord must be in attendance to issue the execution command.
5. during the execution, at least 10 other people must be in attendance (the point is so that whoever is getting perma-deathed, at least 10 other people approve of this)

Post by Guest » 30 Aug 2012, 08:43

No perma-death. I know that LIF is aiming for realism, but it's still a game. I wouldn't play a game with perma-death, and odds are I not gonna play a game that makes me unable to do anything for long periods of time. And I sure as hell wouldn't play a game where I forced to do hard labor while PLAYING THE GAME. I'm sure many of you feel the same. As realistic as it gets, at the end of the day it's still a game, and a game is supposed to be leisurely.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 30 Aug 2012, 09:19

If I remember right it should only take a week to get your combat skills to pretty much max. It would be easy to nerf the time a little or leave it the same and make a hardcore perma-death server. As for executions I'm talking about a cooler looking Darkfall gank. Ya no matter what whenever you kill someone in PvP its fun, but putting a little flair on your gank is always fun.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 30 Aug 2012, 16:36

If you make finishrs, please, PLEASE make them just like stabbing someone in the stomach or something like this... Stuff like stabbing ones face with a dagger like in War of the Roses will definetly make this game 18+ in my country and I couldn't stand that...

glenncariaga

Post by glenncariaga » 04 Sep 2012, 01:05

A public execution is nothing if it is all just simply glitz... I think the option of perma-death is AWESOME. But it can't be something trivial. It would suck to "accidentally" perma-killed. So, just like if you're going to have someone perma-killed, there has to be huuuuge amounts of barriers to over-come. I stated a good start for those barriers.

This execution and perma-death is meant for those who choose to play the villain. It's the scourge of society that enough people want out of the server and have done stuff (lowest rating of karma) that shows that they are doing "bad" things.

I think that if this is implemented, it will allow people to police themselves.

larsiam

Post by larsiam » 24 Feb 2013, 18:27

not to hate on people ideas but this is a PvP game as well its not a single player fantasy where these things are possible prisons and capturing and all that would just suck to the guy who is trying to play and perma death sucks.

fallen_saint

Execution!!

Post by fallen_saint » 24 Feb 2013, 19:55

Well, Permanent death always sucks. I think the creator of Star Citizen has interesting idea of death. http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/d ... a-spacema/

larsiam

Execution!!

Post by larsiam » 24 Feb 2013, 20:03

i agree it defiantly ruins PvP

banok
Alpha Tester

Execution!!

Post by banok » 24 Feb 2013, 20:57

Finishing animations could be cool.

just please don't go overboard like war of the roses and darkfall where you stab them 10 times with daggers.

A dagger thrust to the neck is sufficient.

larsiam

Execution!!

Post by larsiam » 24 Feb 2013, 21:00

i totally agree with this it should be a fast gank not a slow and 500000 stab one

Sendrik

Post by Sendrik » 07 Aug 2013, 16:24

i kinda liked the executions in war of the roses.
They looked so...well,you feeled so involved^^

And the execution with the dagger only lasts for 3 stabbs.
With a onehanded sword,its just one clean thrust to the ground.
And since daggers are faster weapons,why not let them take more hits for a execution?
Btw,stabbing someone multiple times,sounds realistic to me,if you hate that person.

Because of executions in general:
I like that idea.
Worked well in mortal online,but they didnt look very....they where just lame.
Follow the darkness but dont get lost in the shadows.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas