Tactical commands

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Atiden

Tactical commands

Post by Atiden » 26 Jul 2013, 02:13

I am not sure if anyone has said or posted anything similar to this but I was wondering if a tactical command system would be a good idea for this game.

When I say tactical command system I mean something similar to the way a FPS does tactics, by pushing a button it brings up a list of commands, something like this:

Tactics>kind of tactics(melee, ranged,construction)>tactic

Emotes>emote list

This way instead of purely relying on a chat system like voice or typing you can just quickly hit a few keys and have either the character say something or have text show up in proximity/group(whichever channel your in at the time) and as you have probably noticed it would also serve as another way to do emotes as apposed to simply typing the commands.

The reason I brought this up was because when ever I played a game that required group tactics the voice chat would become crowded with too many people speaking at once, and the regular typing system was too slow to get the tactics out there in time.

Bobik
Project Leader

Re: Tactical commands

Post by Bobik » 29 Jul 2013, 09:47

We have Unit and Formation secondary skill, that will allow unit leader to change formation (circle, wedge, wall) and issue orders (Hold your ground, charge, move) that will provide both tactical commands and slight bonuses to defenceive/offensive stats. Stay tuned and you will be able to read about and see it later in our promo vid.

banok
Alpha Tester

Post by banok » 06 Aug 2013, 02:29

Bobik wrote:We have Unit and Formation secondary skill, that will allow unit leader to change formation (circle, wedge, wall) and issue orders (Hold your ground, charge, move) that will provide both tactical commands and slight bonuses to defenceive/offensive stats. Stay tuned and you will be able to read about and see it later in our promo vid.

I'd like to see that work in a multiplayer game but I'm skeptical kind of seems impossible to pull off. look forward to the video

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 12 Aug 2013, 07:41

Well ye, video might prove it all better :) But i believe i've been misunderstood a bit on that point.
Unit leader will not be able to control his unit members in any way directly. He acts as a center of certain shape (circle, wedge, rectangle) that is always around him. His unit members are _interested_ in staying in that shape (stay in formation) because they will recieve combat bonuses AND the more unit mebers inside the shape - the bigger bonuses they recieve.
So, in theory, the more organized is that unit - the more members will stay in formation - the more effective in combat they will be agains equal force that is just running around chaotically.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 12 Aug 2013, 08:25

Bobik wrote:Well ye, video might prove it all better :) But i believe i've been misunderstood a bit on that point.
Unit leader will not be able to control his unit members in any way directly. He acts as a center of certain shape (circle, wedge, rectangle) that is always around him. His unit members are _interested_ in staying in that shape (stay in formation) because they will recieve combat bonuses AND the more unit mebers inside the shape - the bigger bonuses they recieve.
So, in theory, the more organized is that unit - the more members will stay in formation - the more effective in combat they will be agains equal force that is just running around chaotically.

SHIELD WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Pretty excited about this feature.

Sendrik

Post by Sendrik » 12 Aug 2013, 13:29

This is....
.....sparta!!!

Because off the voice chat you mentioned Atiden:
It really pisses me of if people are using ther micro evey 10 seconds just to say something very fast and ununderstandable for 2 seconds.
And most times,theres no option to turn the voice chat off.

Voice commands,on the other hand,are fine.
As long as the commands are indeed tactical and fit the setting,wont like to see some crap like,,headshot''or,,requesting backup''.

Voice chat would work too for mmos...but only if its a very polished system.
Untill than:teamspeak or skype^^
Follow the darkness but dont get lost in the shadows.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas